Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cup_noodles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:11 pm
dameonmac5918
My name is Dameon, I'm 19, and well...a lot of things have caused me to question religion. Although I am a Sunday School teacher, I just keep questioning things, and I'm not sure why. I guess you can say I'm lost and confused in terms of religion, and I need help. Thanks for accepting me into your guild. I'm honored that you all would do so.

No prob.
Welcome to the guild and see ya in the main forums!
C:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:01 pm
dameonmac5918
My name is Dameon, I'm 19, and well...a lot of things have caused me to question religion. Although I am a Sunday School teacher, I just keep questioning things, and I'm not sure why. I guess you can say I'm lost and confused in terms of religion, and I need help. Thanks for accepting me into your guild. I'm honored that you all would do so.

Welcome to the best guild in all gaia, Dameon!!!

Dark_lord_15

Arios V

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:29 pm
Hello, name's Arios (My real name shall be revealed later). Just want to say I want to thank you for letting me join the guild.

I am an atheist, but I think me being here already told you that.
Personally, I view religion as a way of oppressing people's free will and liberties to do as they want with they're lives (As long as it doesn't impede the liberties of others) and as something that denies logic and reason in favor of blind faith in something that contradicts itself (referring to scripture) and poses several striking inconsistencies (Scripture again).

I live in Northern Virginia, up here it is a little easier to be an atheist than in the rest of Virginia, since most of Virginia has that "Rural, BBQ and Bible Belt" feel to it. I am constantly ridiculed by friends, family and just about all others for my beliefs and have yet to find another person who prescribes to the atheist way of thinking. I'm looking forward to talking with all of you.

If any of y'all want to ask me any questions, feel free to do so.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:39 pm
Hmm. Interesante :0 I'm around central virginia in a rural area that's slowly succumbing to subdivisions and I know several other atheists in real life :0 I've never really been bothered about what I believe either.

Welcome to the guild!  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Dark_lord_15

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:42 pm
Arios V
Hello, name's Arios (My real name shall be revealed later). Just want to say I want to thank you for letting me join the guild.

Personally, I view religion as a way of oppressing people's free will and liberties to do as they want with they're lives (As long as it doesn't impede the liberties of others) and as something that denies logic and reason in favor of blind faith in something that contradicts itself (referring to scripture) and poses several striking inconsistencies (Scripture again).

I live in Northern Virginia, up here it is a little easier to be an atheist than in the rest of Virginia, since most of Virginia has that "Rural, BBQ and Bible Belt" feel to it. I am constantly ridiculed by friends, family and just about all others for my beliefs and have yet to find another person who prescribes to the atheist way of thinking. I'm looking forward to talking with all of you.

Welcome Arios!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:50 pm
Dark_lord_15
Arios V

Welcome Arios!

Thanks  

Arios V

Sho-NUFF!

Beloved Humorist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:02 pm
Im your newest member...happy to be here, now I dont feel left out of the loop when I have questions questioning the likes of, but not limited to, "Where did God come from? If he created us, who created him?", and stuff like that.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:04 pm
Oh yeah, Im 26 and hailing from Atlanta, GA.  

Sho-NUFF!

Beloved Humorist

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 3:50 pm
Hello Shoo-nuff.

Interesting to see you here.

Welcome to the guild!

To all the other newbies...welcome as well
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:26 pm
Hey all. I'm AMOA, captain of the Religious Tolerance Guild.

I'm not an atheist, but I've always enjoyed examining arguments in favor of and against religion, and looking at all sides of every subject.

I've spent time as a part of several different belief systems. I started out Catholic, went Agnostic, naturally settled into Shamanism, professed myself a Wiccan, switched to Pagan, and finally settled on Hermeticism, which is a slew of many beliefs including Gnosticism, Rosicrucianism, Hellenism, Khemeticism, and Jewish Mysticism.

I find Atheism weird and interesting, because I actually agree with many things atheists say, yet still believe in a force that one might call "God." I also believe so strongly in personal truth, that I believe if a person believes in no god, that is their specific truth.

I look forward to the intellectual conversations I'll have here. ^_^  

A Murder of Angels

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:49 pm
A Murder of Angels
Hey all. I'm AMOA, captain of the Religious Tolerance Guild.

I'm not an atheist, but I've always enjoyed examining arguments in favor of and against religion, and looking at all sides of every subject.

I've spent time as a part of several different belief systems. I started out Catholic, went Agnostic, naturally settled into Shamanism, professed myself a Wiccan, switched to Pagan, and finally settled on Hermeticism, which is a slew of many beliefs including Gnosticism, Rosicrucianism, Hellenism, Khemeticism, and Jewish Mysticism.

I find Atheism weird and interesting, because I actually agree with many things atheists say, yet still believe in a force that one might call "God." I also believe so strongly in personal truth, that I believe if a person believes in no god, that is their specific truth.

I look forward to the intellectual conversations I'll have here. ^_^

Those are interesting beliefs, I agree with them.

*got bored trolling the dead threads* Welcome all newbies! YAY!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:07 pm
God evening all.

Name: Sutasie
Nationality: British

etc etc. It's all on my profile along with music and book likes atc. Of course, I am an Atheist and am currently devouring every Richard Dawkins book I can get my hands on.  

Sutasie

Arios V

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:17 pm
Sutasie
God evening all.

Name: Sutasie
Nationality: British

etc etc. It's all on my profile along with music and book likes atc. Of course, I am an Atheist and am currently devouring every Richard Dawkins book I can get my hands on.

Hello  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:19 pm
I've been noticing a lot more Brits on Gaia lately. The British Invasion continues. biggrin BTW, Murder of Angels, I love your name.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

hachimitsugirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:00 pm
Hi.
I'm Amanda.
27 years old, 5'1" & 100 lbs.
Hair - orange, Eyes - blue
Blood type - sticky
I'm also an Anthropology grad student with a minor in foreign language.
I'm brilliant, confrontational, militantly godless, and incredibly hot.
Uhh, that's all.

p.s. This is a photo of me.

User Image  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games