Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
For those who Dislike Resident Evil 4 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you hate resident evil 4
  Yes
  No
View Results

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:25 pm
Zombied_Squirrel
YAY!!! XD... I am getting positives from the evil one!!! lol

Woot! I am evil! X3 MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! In menacing SMALL PURPLE LETTERS! *grins*
And Biohazard, I know. But as I said somewhere else and probably here before, I count the old RE games and the new RE games as two completely different series so I can appreciate both as what they are. The old is Survival Horror like it should be, and the new is action. If the new has better action than it's a better game. Should the old have better Survival Horrorness (as they do), then they're better games for their genre and "series' in my mind.
I'm not going to let them ruin each other.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:32 pm
Well, okay, imagine you're playing... Umm... Legend of Zelda for example, which is... Well, they call it an action RPG, okay, let's just call it an action RPG. And then suddenly, Nintendo decides that because Final Fantasy is so successful, they make a new zelda game with like 4 or more main characters, and have party oriented, turn-based combat with random encounters and stuff. Can you imagine how the hardcore Zelda fans would feel about that? About not having the hookshot anymore, no bow aiming, no horse riding, no real time combat.
If you change the genre of a game, you're changing its whole target audience.  

Biohazard EXTREME

saritasunshine

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:46 pm
Yeah, I know and that must be absolutely awful for you. To just have your entire world and interest and love just thrown away and disgraced like that. I can barely imagine...
But luckily for me, I came in at the time that RE4 was released and fell in love with if FIRST so I have the ability to appreciate both. Plus I'm OBVIOUSLY not even NEARLY as hard-core as you are. I'm sorry about that. ^^;;
But for me, I'm actually looking forward to RE5 quite a lot because I'm willing to appreciate it as its new self, and just forget that it's related to RE at all. After all, as you said sometime before in some post, it isn't really RE anymore, just an action game with the words "Resident Evil" slapped on the top to gain popularity.
I know that you're too hard-core to feel the same and I know that you're in love with the old stuff, not the old stuff, but I have two video game loves so *shrugs* I'm fine with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 pm
Well, Resident Evil used to be my absolute favorite franchise. Now it's number 3 below Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Blackartist19

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:03 pm
I like zelda more and Gears of war  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:04 pm
Gears of War isn't really a franchise of its own yet. Since the sequel isn't even out yet.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:16 pm
Gears of War isn't even a game in my eyes.... It's a piece of poo flowing down the river to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:21 pm
Well, I wouldn't know. I like buying consoles that have a less than 30% chance of breaking down.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:24 pm
Same here I didn't buy that I just played my friends and I was disappointed and kind of stupid feeling for playing cause it just sucked!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:19 pm
Well, some games are works of art. Others are just there for jocks to play at parties while they get drunk.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:29 pm
lol well that works XD.... You should become an analyzer for a game company to see what true fans like...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:10 pm
But then I'd have to play crappy games as well as good ones. They'd probably make me play RE5. No thanks.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:53 pm
scream AGGGG!!!! Even if they paid you millions of dollars?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:55 pm
Who says the game company you are paid to analyze for is Capcom? Maybe it's Konami, or Bungie. Maybe it's even Sega or Atari.  

Elliot Salem

Zombied_Squirrel

4,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:58 pm
I did lol  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 50 51 52 53 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games