Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
Favorite Female RE Character Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:50 pm
Therefore, Claire shall be ruined for you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:32 am
Naaawww. Silly. I have the ability to ignore nonsense. Like the Doom movie. After I realized it was crap, I just paid attention to The Rock and all his -ahem- manliness, and I came out liking the movie quite well.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:33 am
Hey, Doom was a pretty good movie, if you don't follow the storyline of the video games.

Which I don't.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:35 am
See, though, I do. I like the Doom games a whole lot. You're not a first person shooter type of guy are you?  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 am
I'm really not. To me games are like interactive movies.
For the most part, movies aren't done in first person. I like to see the character on the screen. AND I like to see them from more than one angle. Which is where that whole, camera following Leon's a** everywhere issue comes in.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 am
Oh my god! But Remember in Doom when it goes into First person for a bit! I had a total nerdgasm!!! xd  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:48 am
It was a cool scene. But it was a novelty. It was like, "Oh, that's cool because it's kinda new in movies!"

But imagine if every movie was always like that. You're watching... Umm... Rambo.

And then you see Rambo like, imprisoned by the Russians, and then as soon as he breaks out, all that you see is a shaky camera running through the jungle, then turning around and shooting a bunch of people.

It would be kind of a lame movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:52 am
I know but it was cool because it reminded me of all my years playing Doom 95. cool  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:54 am
Yeah, but like I said, if every scene was like that, it'd be a pretty lame movie.

My point is, I see video games like interactive movies, and I'd like as close to a movie-like experience as it can be, when I play games.
That's what made me like Resident Evil in the first place. The camera angles.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:57 am
Right right. I know what your saying. I'm the same way. Hence my love for the Final Fantasy games. Excluding X-2 and XII.

I still like first person shooters though. I play them when I simply want to kill something.  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:01 am
Well, I don't mind it when you can AIM in first person, in games like Metal Gear Solid. I just think it's kinda lazy to not show the character on the screen while you're playing.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:12 am
I try not to put that much thought into it. I just think of it as I, myself, am the one with the gun, all sexy and sleek in my survival clothes just goin' around killin' stuff.

I think that's the point. Maybe?  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:15 am
But it's still not a realistic experience.
A person pretty much has a 180 view, if you count corners of the eyes. So I'd be able to see if someone was right to the side of me, without having to turn my head.

And if someone is shooting at me from behind, I'd be able to feel it, and turn around instantly instead of slowly rotating like they do in First person shooters.

I really don't enjoy the experience.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:18 am
I like it. It makes me feel bad a**s! XD  

REaceofclubs

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:23 am
If I wanted a first person shooter experience, I'd go play Laser Tag or Paintball.

Or at LEAST, play an on-rails shooter, with a light gun.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff