Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 370 371 372 373 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:43 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
My cats' favorite snacks are forbidden snacks. Especially forbidden floor snacks.
I can't tell you how many times I have to chase them down to take something from their mouths or shout at them "Don't eat s**t out of the floor!"
And heaven forbid I turn my back on a muffin for three whole seconds, no matter where it's been placed...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 12:26 pm
Queen Spazzy

Karens are the biggest reason a lot of people think my own family members are even rougher anti-social people. (And it's crazy to realize that since my family members range from 80% Gryffindor pottermore sorted people, then the next highest is Ravenclaw with my house being the smallest group of literally only four people of the entire family being Slytherin with two living here as it's my year older nephew and myself.) But the Karens made it all worse for we do not like to have unneeded conflict with others and Karens are all about causing the largest amount of drama and having conflicts with the entire world. (Well that's at least how I see them being for the most part, but I will not go hanging out with them to see how they really are because I feel it'd kill me being seen as a person whom hangs out with a Karen.)

Though if I'm honest I would not be shocked if the old ex-friend of mine lands up as one someday in the future mostly due to he's paranoid and I can see him calling the cops on any little not a big deal action. (But last I ever hung out with that ex-friend was 2019 just a few months before we split and I honestly highly hated his guts for his actions done.)

Moving onto the work talk we're all glad Nathan found some work, sadly his work schedule is new and I'm still learning it up (so all my hangs out with them via online pals got to wait for us to solve his schedule more before we go jumping into plans much, mainly due to game nights for D&D & other TTRPGs may change up we move from Sundays. We're new to it right now that I don't know if today Sunday we are going to do game and when if we are.)
All the same we're glad he has work and he seems to enjoy working at the aquarium that hired him and long as he's enjoying we're all happy for him. Especially since he left his last job before this one due to them taking advantage of his aid & then giving him no thanks at all let alone even some kind of acknowledgement for helping out, and when the man got them out from being bankrupted twice from some old fired employee having a mental toddler tantrum they had to wreck up the sales and accounts of everyone too it's saddening and highly dumb to know his old work didn't give him any thanks. (I mean christ company I'm glad idk for it would change my outlook highly on them doing so to an employee specially one I know in life, Nathan literally saved your business TWICE and you do nothing of thanks both times. It really will be a miracle if they're still in business today.)

Aye there are old sayings of many like that in the world, but it'd be nice to have one case in which someone with a lot of power still kept being like themselves before the power sometime. (course if there is one person with power and not corrupt from it someplace they're probably outshined by all the bad ones whom went corrupt, because the world thinks nobody likes to hear the good news apparently in this world so we always hear the bad news more.)
Like with the Harry Potter crew it took searching online everywhere to learn about members of the cast having their own kids now, Daniel Radcliffe supporting the LGBTQ+ group, & there being a rumored series being made all because the world is more focused on the BS spewing from J.K. Rowling and feasting up on it.

I've always enjoyed the slow climb myself to understanding a tale mostly when I got older tbh, younger child me was more action seeking and I blame that on my living situations (Being in a small desert farmer town surrounded by mountains that is made for the elderly whom are just slowing down to enjoy life, it always makes most of your action be the dramatic events irl happening to you. And being young more action especially when you're a toddler or little kid always in more exciting then waiting around like you do all your life for something.)
I've always made adventurer jokes for D&D with saying things like "Our town life makes us the wizard village for we all got so use to listening to old people tell us what to do all the time and be secluded away from the rest of the world as our own older brothers & sisters of Boise doesn't recognize we exist at all." to claiming that I make the perfect dwarf as I'm shorter than most my friends are standing a whole 5'5" with even my year older nephew beating me by what feels a whole foot maybe more & yet with my genetics being Irish/German & more mixes idk for we lost my mother earlier, I just know that later on in life I got quick beard & hair growth that my future case will be like my father's case and my older brother's case (for one of the same father) where we'll grow a full beard after shaving it all off in only three days. (Another bit of me jokes around Christmas time that we're becoming Santa Claus cause of the Santa Claus movies first movie with the hair and beard growth.)
All the same as I got older in life (once I hit 9 years old tbh.) I started to love the tale more then the action; Though I still love both equally cause I still live in this small town today as a young adult whom wants to leave town anytime I can for it's this town. (My "where is my Hogwart's letter!?" craze hit harder than most cause of living in a small dead for youth town.)
Only fun place kids had here died when I was about eleven sadly & in 2019 they killed our Pizza Hut.
So no shocker I became a heavy gamer along with many many other kids in town of my time. (Today we're still as bad but kids today got their tech we didn't have much of too much in the late 90s early 2000s so you know how it is.)

Other than that we all had TV which honestly was my other babysitter apart from all the actual teenagers that were on Go-Gaia in 2003 that I just dumped myself onto cause Regina my older teenager niece at those times didn't care to watch after me & I hopped on to grab her attention but then found many other people whom actually cared more. (I'd love to say I turned out 100% a-okay, but my behavior became that of a rebellious person that I'd say I was between punk and goth for I started wearing a lot of black & fought authority. But to be fair most my authority was only Regina my babysitter back then from time I was back from school to if I wasn't in bed by then 10:30 pm to midnight when dad returned home finally.)
I also only had standard TV so PBS kids was my babysitter, that got followed up by 4kids in the future. My CN & Nick was only seen during summers at friends and family member's places. (Course later in life when I was a teenager we got Dishnetwork and that had more TV shows for me then.)

All same I turned out okay if not really weird and random. cat_xd

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:07 pm
Tobi Kaito

Yeah, I hate conflict, too. I am very much conflict-averse and conflict-avoidant. Which is why we cut all ties with the beau's aunt years ago. She's in a category all her own past normal Karens, honestly. (She's a very "me, me, me" person, and if it isn't all about her, she'll make it about her, like all her attention grubbing every time her mother [beau's grandmother] got sick. And she's stirred all sorts of hornets' nests between her daughter, who has also cut ties with her at this point, I don't think she's even met her grandchildren, that's how bad things are between them.) We were laughing earlier today because she'd had a verbal agreement to buy a house from someone they're currently renting from, but then her new husband, in an absolutely astonishing show of intelligence (or lack thereof), set off fireworks close to the house (like, could-set-it-on-fire close) and suddenly the owner isn't so keen on selling to them. cat_lol

Once everything is more settled and the job is less new, I'm sure all of you will figure things out! An aquarium job sounds nice, honestly. I mean, at the very least, you can console yourself with otters or jellyfish on a hard day. Or octopodes, if you're so inclined. (I have a serious thing for octopodes, they're smart, and they legitimately play, just for fun, not as practice for anything. They're also not a-holes of the sea, like dolphins. [I do not like dolphins.])
Sorry to hear that about the former workplace. It's the sad state of humanity when I can say almost every job my beau has worked has been like that, where he busts his butt trying to make sure everything goes smoothly, and he gets shafted in the end because people are petty and selfish. (He literally just switched jobs because the last kitchen refused to acknowledge his true worth, and the sous was incompetent, and the head/manager hated him just because he's a guy, as far as we can tell. They tried to claim a "miscommunication" from him about his last day when he'd had his last day written onto the calendar for weeks, and he wasn't even on the schedule. Which was a surprise to us, actually, because he didn't intend to fully leave, he offered to stay on part-time, but they just cut him loose entirely. Which, whatever, the new place pays better and has way less drama. Now we laugh every time we pass the previous business because it's basically going down in flames.)

I think another facet of the problem about not hearing about non-corrupt individuals is probably that, since they follow the rules, they're hampered at near every turn, so they never seem to "accomplish" much. Plus there are just... way more bad actors than good, honestly, kinda like most law enforcement. Proverbial needle in a haystack, and media just aren't willing to dig that deep. (Which is also part of the problem, the media, they prefer fearmongering and shock content because "big number good" re viewer counts, and shock content will keep a person glued to the screen, kinda like doom-scrolling on social media never ends.)
Radcliffe isn't so hard to find, he's become pretty popular in his own right as an actor. But yeah, most of the stuff you'll find about HP-related things won't be flattering, and generally won't be informative, either. And part of that is likely because a lot of the normal consumers are like me; refusing to give money to the franchise, because doing so is basically tacit support of the creator's views. (Plus I really want the media to stop trying to milk this for all it's worth and I'm just plain tired of hearing about any of it.)

I don't think I was ever much of an action-seeking child... I've been reading classics since primary school, and it doesn't get much slower than half of those. Perhaps because I've always been quick to be overwhelmed, I just like quiet and peaceful enjoyment. Like, I can't tell you how many hours I put into my Sega Genesis cartridge of Richard Scarry's Busytown, and it was not exactly bursting with excitement. (It was a bunch of areas you could go to, with each area basically being a minigame, one where you controlled a little whirlwind and used it on different people/objects, one with a ship where you had to match items up with silhouettes and place them [and it would tell you what the parts were and what they did] then you painted the ship and it sailed off, and one where you controlled a delivery truck and just took items to the shops where they belonged [this one was my favorite, for some reason; maybe because you could see the buildings change as you delivered stuff and it was placed in/around the business]. A silly little 'educational' game, but I adored it.) Plus I always got more than enough excitement at the arcade/mini golf/rental place when my mum took me to work with her. I'd frequently be hopped up on orange Crush, and got sent out to "fix" (play) some of the games when they wouldn't stop making noise (either because someone didn't put in enough tokens, or, in the case of Bank-It-Ball, because it didn't register the last play and kept shouting to "make your shot" ). I also remember removing a lot of dimes from the quarter candy dispensers...
We didn't have many "fun" places, either in the tiny town where I went to primary. Well, technically, in the village where I properly lived, the only exciting thing we had was Wednesday youth services and choir at the local Methodist church... Twenty minutes into "town" and we had the place where my mom worked, a cinema, a couple fast food joints, and a skeevy-looking skating rink (which was not actually skeevy once you got inside). I think there may have been a bowling alley, too? Not sure, always hated bowling... But the biggest "hangout" place aside from the cinema (where you had to actually go to a movie or be kicked out) was Wal-Mart, because as long as you didn't make any trouble, nobody cared about unattended children loitering. Kinda weird to think about, honestly...
After I moved, the "hottest" place in the village was the local public library, which I think says a lot.

When I turned thirteen, I practically lived on the internet, so I get it for sure. I mean, almost none of my friends lived within walking distance, and of the two that did, I was rarely allowed over to their houses. (And I can't remember any of them coming to mine except for the sparse birthday celebrations when they weren't away for winter break. Guess I didn't have enough fun things for them.) It's probably a good thing I wasn't a very adventurous kid, though, because if I wasn't at work with my mom, my father would more often than not be sleeping, so I was my own minder half the time. I think the books raised me well. cat_xd

(Also, don't be alarmed if you don't see me around much for a few days; fam is visiting, so I'll be busy.)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:25 am
idk how soon I will be more responsive to things for I just found out today a gaian friend is now gone when they were trying to save an elderly neighbor of theirs out of a fire.  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:39 pm
Tobi Kaito

Take as long as you need!
I'll still be here when you're ready or if you want to talk, or even if you just want to post random GIFs.
Grief is always a very personal thing and everyone handles it differently, so just take care of you first, everything else can wait.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:38 pm
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

Take as long as you need!
I'll still be here when you're ready or if you want to talk, or even if you just want to post random GIFs.
Grief is always a very personal thing and everyone handles it differently, so just take care of you first, everything else can wait.

I'm hopeful it's not true but things came to our notice that say the fire may have been insurance fraud happening, and if it's true I hope the culprit(s) get caught asap to suffer for actions they've done.  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:31 pm
Tobi Kaito
I'm hopeful it's not true but things came to our notice that say the fire may have been insurance fraud happening, and if it's true I hope the culprit(s) get caught asap to suffer for actions they've done.

Wow... Just, wow. It's astounding how low some people can go... My brain is like "did they not think about the other people they would be endangering with this," but I know the answer is either they didn't care or they didn't think about it at all.
I also hope it's not true, but if it is, I hope they're caught, too!
The charges that could potentially be leveled against such a person would be pretty high (on top of attempted insurance fraud, you could add arson [since they presumably intentionally started the fire] and, at the very least, reckless endangerment, perhaps manslaughter, since someone lost their life to the fire), and I'd honestly hope they'd get the full sentences for their crimes.
It's just... really gross, that a person would endanger others' lives so thoughtlessly for their own personal gain, and I genuinely hope karma catches up with them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:03 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:26 pm
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

Wow... Just, wow. It's astounding how low some people can go... My brain is like "did they not think about the other people they would be endangering with this," but I know the answer is either they didn't care or they didn't think about it at all.
I also hope it's not true, but if it is, I hope they're caught, too!
The charges that could potentially be leveled against such a person would be pretty high (on top of attempted insurance fraud, you could add arson [since they presumably intentionally started the fire] and, at the very least, reckless endangerment, perhaps manslaughter, since someone lost their life to the fire), and I'd honestly hope they'd get the full sentences for their crimes.
It's just... really gross, that a person would endanger others' lives so thoughtlessly for their own personal gain, and I genuinely hope karma catches up with them.

I know it seems random to ask out of blue right now but my mind is all around tbh.

Do you know how to go about making one of the buddy gaian items? For I was looking on gaia for ways to tribute him, and one thing that looks great to me now is Buddy Gaian. (more honest I had a certain plan but then the only thing I seen seemed only to be a your avatar only thing and it upset me.)

And I honestly do not know all of gaia's items for much things that make items other than the project tickets, and there are a lot of those and idk which is the one I would need, or honestly if it is even a project ticket to make a buddy gaian. x.x  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:01 pm
Tobi Kaito
I know it seems random to ask out of blue right now but my mind is all around tbh.

Do you know how to go about making one of the buddy gaian items? For I was looking on gaia for ways to tribute him, and one thing that looks great to me now is Buddy Gaian. (more honest I had a certain plan but then the only thing I seen seemed only to be a your avatar only thing and it upset me.)

And I honestly do not know all of gaia's items for much things that make items other than the project tickets, and there are a lot of those and idk which is the one I would need, or honestly if it is even a project ticket to make a buddy gaian. x.x

It's all good! I'm a dab hand at finding information, usually.
I wandered through some of the project custom rules, and there are two items that look like they might fit the bill. I'll link to their rules in the Project Custom forum; Project MiniMe Box (this creates an SDPlus doll) and Project Companion Ticket (the one you've already been looking at).
From the way I'm reading the rules, you can use any avatar you want for the tickets, but you need permission if you want another user's username on the item. It's possible they might make an exception in the case of a deceased user, but I'd recommend hitting up the Project Custom email [project-custom@gaiainteractive.com] to ask for whatever clarifications you might need and if an exception could be made before trying to get your hands on a ticket item, since those are quite pricey.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:40 pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:12 pm
Queen Spazzy

It's all good! I'm a dab hand at finding information, usually.
I wandered through some of the project custom rules, and there are two items that look like they might fit the bill. I'll link to their rules in the Project Custom forum; Project MiniMe Box (this creates an SDPlus doll) and Project Companion Ticket (the one you've already been looking at).
From the way I'm reading the rules, you can use any avatar you want for the tickets, but you need permission if you want another user's username on the item. It's possible they might make an exception in the case of a deceased user, but I'd recommend hitting up the Project Custom email [project-custom@gaiainteractive.com] to ask for whatever clarifications you might need and if an exception could be made before trying to get your hands on a ticket item, since those are quite pricey.

This was all quite helpful thank you. emotion_bigheart

I'll have to go ask them if they'll accept making one in this case and if lucky they will accept to make it given the circumstances, and then it just comes down to mostly well as stated, just getting the gold/plat to get the project ticket item for they are quite pricey sadly.

But if they accept making it, I'm sure with talking to the other Gaian family members of mine and making a plan of what we want sharing some ideas I had for it and hearing all of their ideas out, we can all together save up and then proceed to make an item together.

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:36 pm
Tobi Kaito
This was all quite helpful thank you. emotion_bigheart

I'll have to go ask them if they'll accept making one in this case and if lucky they will accept to make it given the circumstances, and then it just comes down to mostly well as stated, just getting the gold/plat to get the project ticket item for they are quite pricey sadly.

But if they accept making it, I'm sure with talking to the other Gaian family members of mine and making a plan of what we want sharing some ideas I had for it and hearing all of their ideas out, we can all together save up and then proceed to make an item together.

Glad I could help!

I'd like to think that they'd be willing to work with you for a memorial item like this. I'm on another avatar/forum site that would be willing to do so, at least, and it'd be silly for Gaia to let a direct competitor one-up them like that, but who knows with Project Custom, their decision-making process seems quite esoteric from the outside sometimes.

With a little work and some back-and-forth, though, I imagine you could find some middle ground to make a memorial item possible, at least. There should be just enough wiggle room in the rules to figure out a way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:09 pm
My cats are pretty much all drama, all the time.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:32 pm
I'm a little mad I didn't think of this pun myself.

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 ... 370 371 372 373 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games