Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:21 pm
*hugs Cobalt at warp-speed*

Heeeey.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:24 pm
Ach captain! She canno' take any more! Bring 'er back t' impulse or she'll explode!  

Cobalt

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:09 pm
But I like my purple bar >>
*pouts at Gaia announcement*

I miss the old Gaia. Everything was -much- simpler >>  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:43 pm
Many oldbies (myself included) do miss the older Gaia. Back before fishing. Before evolving items and cash shop. Back before newbs getting huge packs of stuff to start their account with. Back before Gaia became "Popular with the kids." stare

Yeah, I know I sound like an old fart- but screw it. I've been here for years and came in when all you got when you started was peasant clothes and 435 gold. Just enough to if you sold your clothes you could afford a trading pass. Tana was here even earlier than that! Where's mah cane!? *shuffles around*  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:07 pm
Haha, I remember the very first Gaia layout. I'm oooold. :3 I didn't mind the first MCs, they were kind of cool and it supported the site in a great way, but I suppose after those it was a slippery slope. *shrug* Now it's way too commercial for me to be running around in Gaia anywhere else but a couple of guilds. Too bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:32 pm
I WAS NOT NOT here. I WAS STILL here.

*sneaks up from Cobalt's shadow and gluggles with the intensity of a million suns*  

Gale OverDrive

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:33 pm
Ojiisan- Remember, I joined a little while after you~
Maybe by a month or few.

October 13th of 04.

It always sucked to save up for that trading pass xD but it was worth it afterward.
No new hairstyles, no new kinds of eyes. Just your basic format for an avi.
Back when Kiki kitties were sold for 40k in the Marketplace...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:04 pm
I remember those days. Peasant clothing and a piddle of gold is the way it should be. Do new users even need to buy trading and marketplace passes anymore?

The zllions of poses nearly every item now has is what bothers me. *glares at completed evolving items with their screen-full of poses*

The original Gaia logo was cool, too. Even if it was pink, it fit the site's cheery look at the time.

I remember the first Donation Items I got: the Guitars of Angelus and Demonia. Questing was so much fun back then...  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:17 pm
OMFG hat <3

Used to have both guitars... sold 'em... I sold my Kiki when it was worth 40k, so the one I have now is the one my friend gave to me...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:54 pm
... You guys are making me miss my '03 donates so much...

*clings to Mou's devil tail* A constant reminder!

Though of all the items I miss the panda hat and the chicky/bunny slippers.
===
I remember when you couldn't even afford to get the trading pass by selling the peasant clothes, it was 1000 gold instead of 500.
===
Talon, the Arena is incredibly sexy.

Tanakietsu

Mou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:58 pm
- - - - - - Mou - - - - - -

I miss my angelic sash, even though it never worked with any layering and I only owned it for a breaf period of time. It's the only DI I've owned but no longer own. So it was the only way for me to join in on the conversations xD

*wiggles tail*

I really miss the old Gaia layout though and the maps! All the items with bazillions of poses annoy me too. I mean, what's wrong with one item having only one form?

- - - - - - Mou - - - - - -

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 am
The only donate from (I think it's '03) '03 I still have is the angelic scarf... I wish I'd kept everything; '03 donates were some of the best. *points at AFK hat* I wish I had one of those. ): It would make my white clutter outfits so much cuter. The bunny hat is merely "okay".
===
Edit: Oooooh, *licks lips and grins hungrily* I cannot wait for some action.

Tanakietsu

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:22 am
Thanks, Tana. As much as I hate to risk inflating your ego . . . your opinion matters a rather large amount to me. Getting your approval for my ideas or work is intensely gratifying. All the oldbies are like that with me.

Part of why seeing you and Yoder approve of my Shifters concept really made me happy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:29 am
Ehhh, I might appear of have a large ego, but it's not really quite that overblown. I just get carried away with the drama *admitting himself a drama-queen*

Your opinion matters quite a bit to me as well, much like everyone. Though the newbies who come in and post one-liners do make me cringe. *not pointing but referencing a few current threads*

Ehhh, I was just giving credit where credit is due in regards to Shifters. It's a great idea that can skyrocket into magnificent things. And besides, all of the greatest ideas come from in the shower, nii-san.

Tanakietsu

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:34 am
*snorts in mirth* I rolled the meadow . . . the same place I fought Yoder, so long ago. rolleyes

Duely noted, old friend. *clasps him on the shoulder*  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3453 3454 3455 3456 3457 3458 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games