Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vankala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:04 pm
Yea well, I've never really been into FF to really care about Crisis Core. The only I actually played was Final Fantasy Tactics on the PS. That one was really good, if you ask me.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:07 pm
Well, back then, they were all really good.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Javanomicron

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:06 am
I've never been able to get into FF all that much, really. I may end up trying out FF XI, but I can't really say. I much prefer smaller titles like Skies of Arcadia.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 am
You should try Shadow Hearts, at least part 2 (I'd say Part 1, but good luck finding that).
I mean, the 3rd one might be good, but I wouldn't know. But in part 2, one of the bosses is, get this... Rasputin. That was, by far, the coolest RPG boss I ever fought.  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:58 am
Biohazard EXTREME
You liked Advent Children. Nuff said.
Frankly, I did think the storyline of Dirge was better than Advent Children. I mean, I hated it all the same, it was just less bad.

Do you not listen to me? I said I enjoyed the visual and musical aspects of Advent Children. The storyline sucked.

Now stop acting like a baby.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:10 am
My turn! My turn! biggrin

I loved Kingdom Hearts. Yeah yeah, I'll hear it from Bio (and probably the guild), but I love it. Not the effeminate characters (Sora's shorts? Wtf is with capris?), but the combat style and RPGness of it. The story is... well, something Disneyish to be sure. xd I love how they made Disney characters beat the piss out of shadow monsters too. >_>; Now ever since I was a kid (oh say... a couple years ago xd ) I loved Disney. Still do. Maybe that's why I like it, the Disney charm.

Oh btw, same with me Notte. Visuals and music were amazing in that movie, which is why I say I liked it. Not the storyline. xd

And now that I have a good source, I think I may buy Crisis Core. And yes, Bio, Dirge blew. They ruined my Vincent! crying I just can't see him as his transformations anymore... Now it's like Dante had a baby with Leon ('cause Leon is a girl, isn't he? ...She?).  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:27 am
Luckily I didn't get far enough into Dirge to really see any of that nonsense. Vincent was one of my favorite characters of FFVII, still is. My cousin, however, loved Dirge, and it hurt me to buy him a Dirge WallScroll for Christmas this year xd .

Canas, just knowing you, you'll be as pleasantly surprised as I was. And that's saying a lot.

Now if only Resident Evil 5 will surprise us... unfortunately, it won't... it'll have less storyline than 4 from what I've seen so far... Ugh. Too bad.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:10 am
Canas Renvall

I loved Kingdom Hearts. Yeah yeah, I'll hear it from Bio (and probably the guild), but I love it. Not the effeminate characters (Sora's shorts? Wtf is with capris?), but the combat style and RPGness of it. The story is... well, something Disneyish to be sure. xd I love how they made Disney characters beat the piss out of shadow monsters too. >_>; Now ever since I was a kid (oh say... a couple years ago xd ) I loved Disney. Still do. Maybe that's why I like it, the Disney charm.

Oh btw, same with me Notte. Visuals and music were amazing in that movie, which is why I say I liked it. Not the storyline. xd

And now that I have a good source, I think I may buy Crisis Core. And yes, Bio, Dirge blew. They ruined my Vincent! crying I just can't see him as his transformations anymore... Now it's like Dante had a baby with Leon ('cause Leon is a girl, isn't he? ...She?).

Really, Canas? You liked the Disneyness of it? You know what would have made Kingdom Hearts better? If it was ONLY disney.

The thing I hated was that they decided to mix everything together and as a certain comedian so adequatly put it, make it into a ******** up flipper baby.

Give me a game where you play as Donald and Goofy, and I'll be a happy man. You throw in a Tai (from Digimon) lookalike, with a pretentious generic anime storyline, toss in a bunch of FF characters for no reason at all, other than to SELL, and you get Kingdom Hearts.
Not only that, but seriously... When I hit my enemy, I want them to get cut in half by a BLADE, not beaten to death by a key.
It'd be different if my enemies were CARS, because then I could use the key to ruin the expensive paint jobs they got. In which case it'd be badass.
But no, he uses a key as a weapon, and frankly, I don't care what kind of a 'plot significance' they decided to mash in there, because let's face it, the main reason he uses a key as a weapon is because Square are too much of pussies to give an E-Rated character a REAL weapon.
And don't even get me started on the music. i pity any soul that actually LIKES "Simple and Clean".

It's not the Disney, Canas. Heck, the Disney part of it is the ONLY part that's good.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:03 pm
I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts as well, but I guess I'm just a REALLY open gamer.

To tell the truth, when I started playing Crisis Core, the combat system kinda reminded me of Kingdom Hearts. Except for the slot machine going on in the corner.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:25 pm
Yeah, I'm more of a hardcore gamer. I like GOOD games. wink  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:58 pm
How did I know you were going to rebuttal with that, Bio?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:51 pm
Because you know I have high standards for my video games and I don't like the cookie cutter stuff?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Elliot Salem

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:19 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Canas Renvall

Really, Canas? You liked the Disneyness of it? You know what would have made Kingdom Hearts better? If it was ONLY disney.

The thing I hated was that they decided to mix everything together and as a certain comedian so adequatly put it, make it into a ******** up flipper baby.

Give me a game where you play as Donald and Goofy, and I'll be a happy man. You throw in a Tai (from Digimon) lookalike, with a pretentious generic anime storyline, toss in a bunch of FF characters for no reason at all, other than to SELL, and you get Kingdom Hearts.
Not only that, but seriously... When I hit my enemy, I want them to get cut in half by a BLADE, not beaten to death by a key.
It'd be different if my enemies were CARS, because then I could use the key to ruin the expensive paint jobs they got. In which case it'd be badass.
But no, he uses a key as a weapon, and frankly, I don't care what kind of a 'plot significance' they decided to mash in there, because let's face it, the main reason he uses a key as a weapon is because Square are too much of pussies to give an E-Rated character a REAL weapon.
And don't even get me started on the music. i pity any soul that actually LIKES "Simple and Clean".

It's not the Disney, Canas. Heck, the Disney part of it is the ONLY part that's good.

Bio, the only Final fantasy characters truthfully thrown in there for no reason were Cloud and Sephiroth. The others were giving a story and a reason for being there. Hell, in the first hour of the game, you meat Squall who is going under the name Leon now (from his last name) and you find out why. His home world was destroyed by the Heartless and he ended up there with others.
Have you ever stopped and thought that maybe every game made by Square Enix has to have a main character that had a unique weapon? Let's face it, they chose one that was unique and actually went with the storyline .
As for that last comment, Bio, believe it or not, that song was out before Kingdom Hearts, and just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean others don't like it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:52 pm
Oh, I'm very well aware that other people like that song. I just pity them, that's all.  

Biohazard EXTREME

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, I'm more of a hardcore gamer. I like GOOD games. wink
Clever.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games