Welcome to Gaia! ::

Numenore - A LOTR Community

Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Númenórë - A LOTR Community
Eambar: Off-Topic Thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Onoj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:17 pm
imyavie
Onoj
If anyone wants to see something funny, check out my house.

cry *Wishes she had shockwave on this computer*

Lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:39 pm

-prods the guild with a sharp stick-
crying  

Melian

Onoj

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:43 pm
Melian

-prods the guild with a sharp stick-
crying

It won't help. I try that all the time and it just dies a little more. Lol

Oh and by the way Closer has picked his character back up for the time being. Whether he has to use it for good or evil I am not sure but so far he has been posting retarded things in random places so I believe it is just for kicks. To see what I mean check out his thread in the LOTR subforum.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:00 pm

I saw that thread, lol.

Melian

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:18 am
Everyone, have a peek on the Guild Announcements, and discuss the latest update.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:49 pm
-read the announcement-

I don't think we can do anything. This was just an extension of the subforum, and we've run out of stuff to talk about in there too.

I am so optimistic. D:  

Melian

upwoueruwrwhjl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:37 am
Wah. I like this guild. Try PMing people who havent been on in a really long time, maybe?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:40 pm
I don't think it will matter.
It was a good idea and as a normal guild this would be an awesome place, but as a Tolkien guild we have failed. The low activity could be from many people going on vacation or it could be from just lack of interest.
I think if it is a question of whether we should keep the "Tolkien" guild up then I say no. But like I said this made a good guild just by itself, just not a good specific guild.  

Onoj

Melian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:49 pm
We can turn this into a spam guild. xd

Or not.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:40 pm
I still come in every once in a while. I just don't post much, I'm afraid of sounding stupid if you really want to know. It makes me sad to think of shutting the guild down forever, but if no one comes it is just taking up space.

Hmmm, I can't think of anything to improve the guild. Maybe more contests or something everyone can participate in other than the people who know everything about Tolkien.

That probably wasn't any help, just letting you know I'm still around.  

Serni

ChewySkywalker

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:32 pm
Serni
I still come in every once in a while. I just don't post much, I'm afraid of sounding stupid if you really want to know. It makes me sad to think of shutting the guild down forever, but if no one comes it is just taking up space.

Quote:

Took the words right out of my mouth.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:47 pm
ChewySkywalker
Serni

Took the words right out of my mouth.

And mine. Though I have been gone and busy and stuff I try to show up as often as i can.  

Hironaur

Zurgi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:48 pm
Aggh...I get back home to see that announcement. What a pleasant return home.

I find it sad that people believe that they will sound stupid if they post something asking about an issue in the books, or try and post in the thread. At least you would be trying to make an effort to be active, and if you're wrong, one of the other members can explain why and you can learn why in the process.

And I've been on vacation since the 29th, for those who didn't know, hence my absentness.

It's true that we have almost run out of stuff to discuss on the matter of Tolkien. It's not a discussion that can be forced, and I see the same thing happening in many other guilds where people just run out of things to say.

It is not really something where you can sit down and say "what do I want to know?" It is something where you may come across it in your readings and wish to discuss it.

As for the comments that it is a good guild by itself, I am thinking that as well. Most guilds that I am in have OT threads that are the ones that survive, where in this case we can further get to know those who are interested in the works, and learn about others interested in Tolkien's works, not only about Tolkien's works themselves.

In my opinion, if we were able to have it as a Tolkien based guild and also as an off-topic guild (allowing certain OT threads, not all, or just have specified ones) it would stay active. I personally enjoy just chatting with people on Gaia, not always just on a specific topic. Most of the specific guilds I'm in are rather silent, whereas ones that are random flourish.

This enables us to get to really know the other people in the subforum without having to spam up the subforum itself with our random threads (as we have two already, really) and without having to take it all to MSN and AIM seeing as some people don't have either of those. But bear in mind, the Tolkien aspect would still be here and discussion threads would still be encouraged.

There's my view on things.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:14 pm
Zurgi, how do you always manage to word stuff so well? I, like usual, completely agree with you. (Which makes me seem really passive, but it's true!)  

Hironaur

Menegil
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:03 pm
Hm. We could renew the Guild completely, yes. We could make it general, instead of a "Tolkien Only" guild. A LOTR Community, united by similar tastes.

I will put up a poll in this thread. Within three days, I shall check on the results and, if positive, I and the crew shall proceed to a revise of the rules and the Guild overall.

Ladies and gentlemen, vote in the poll, and let the Guild Rebirth Project take place!

EDIT: Unfortunately, Gaia is screwy, and is not letting me make a poll. As such, I'd ask you to post your vote instead.  
Númenórë - A LOTR Community

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 ... 362 363 364 365 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games