Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Mou

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:41 am
User Image

- - - - - - Mou - - - - - -

The ebil yoder is a she not a he, which made it even funnier~

- - - - - - Mou - - - - - -

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:35 am
♥ { . h a l c y o n i a . } ♥
...an apple a day keeps the doctor away...

Yoder has... an evil twin?! o____o;;;
Scareh. xD
But it's okay, we all know there's only one true Yoder! >u<

Yoder-kun// Yeahh, Star Ocean is pretty funnn. x ux;;
I like it. ^^

Ooohh, you just got back from a con, did you? :'D Nice!!
Did you cosplay? xD Go to any good panels? Buy anything?
Tellll~? ^^
I'm glad you had fun! ^u^

... but what about a cat-apple a day? User Image

.Halcyonia.

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:14 am
I do believe that my next roleplay shall pull from a combination of Sailor Moon, Animorphs, and astrology.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:23 am
*Takes a seat in the quiet section*  

Tanakietsu

Mai New Moon Wolf

2,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:28 am
Is anyone going to Sugoicon?
This is my first year going so I was curious if anyone here's been, and if they could tell me anything about it.
Also this is who Im going as but I can't find her cosplay... I can make the shirt and the shorts and I found the shoes but can anyone tell me how to make the paintbrush?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:29 am
ello ello, my name es octamus-prime. Looking forward to roleplaying with you!  

octamus-prime

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:11 am
Welcome, new members!

No, I didn't cosplay. I'm not sure if I ever will unless I get some good chunks of time, money, and motivation.
Most of the good panels were today, not yesterday, so few interested me. I can only go to one day of the con, and Frday was my choice.
Yeah, I got Jet Grind Radio for Dreamcast for a good price. Naturally, much pocky and ramune was purchased. mrgreen
Thanks, it was a blast!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 am
neon-neon
I do believe that my next roleplay shall pull from a combination of Sailor Moon, Animorphs, and astrology.

A while back I had one that I touted as "Ronin Warriors meets Mage: The Ascention by way of Bionicle." That turned out okay . . . even if it did die. crying  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:37 am
Oh how I love my table-top role plays. *plays around with various third level spells, though minimally*

And it seems I might become more than a Sith's apprentice soon... *shifty eyes*

*plops down onto the rug in front of the fire place in a cat-like fashon*

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:09 pm
Tana la Scrivana
Oh how I love my table-top role plays. *plays around with various third level spells, though minimally*

And it seems I might become more than a Sith's apprentice soon... *shifty eyes*

*plops down onto the rug in front of the fire place in a cat-like fashon*
Ah, tabletop. The RPG style that started it all in my opinion. Which styles do you play? I've been playng Cortex, DND v1 and v4, and World of Darkness.  

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:18 pm
In my twenty years or so of table-top role playing, I pretty much stuck to the core D&D until about five years ago. Since then my life's habits have always kept me from making any long-term commitments as I travel a lot for job and because I get antsy when in one spot for too long. But now that I have my darling daughters in my role playing has taken an interesting twist. I table-top role play still, but we've transitioned some of it to computers since most of my group are not centralized in the same country.

It's difficult to fully explain, but we still for the majority play the original D&D, mind you that we weren't around for the original release, we like to stick with the first generations.

But we also make our own makeshift table-tops including a Star Wars theme and we recently (past six months) built an Arcanic Wars role-play.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:21 pm
If you enjoy converting things like Star Wars and such in RPG form, I would highly suggest looking into Cortex. Its a very easy to use system that allows for any genre to be converted to its system. Its what my GM uses most of the time.

As for tabletop to Online, I actually understand. I used to run a Megaman X Fanfic RPG with a friend of mine online, and we did it over Yahoo Chat and webcams. With Gaia's Dice System, it does make it a bit simpler.  

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:30 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, but I will most likely be unable to participate. I'm pushing my luck with everything as it is right now. My daughters are still very young and a lot of my time is absorbed by them. *shrugs* Work is a pain in the a** too, everything is difficult to juggle.

I'm having a tough time as it is learning enough to overthrow the Sith Lord I'm apprenticing under. Though it's a good thing I managed to retain much of my tutelage from when I was aligned with the Light side. Information expert Siths are a big hit or miss, unfortunately

I also invest a lot of time into online chess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:34 pm
Chess is always good. I actually juggle a lot of time with online responsibilities and looking for work. If it isnt my online job that is on hold at the moment, its my WoW Guild or the Guild I'm VC over that I'm working on, and I still look for work in my area. Cant be a lump in an easy chair all of my life.  

The Mad Mayor

5,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:40 pm
Always glad to hear I'm not solitary in having to juggle everything. This used to be my guild, though long ago I gave it up I am still quite glad to be a semi-frequent member. As for WoW... it's not one of my more favorite things, as I have lost several friends to its addictive ways.

I've always found role play to be more fun, so I suppose in a way I'm addicted. The Arcanic Wars table-top we've been building is still in its testing stages, and I am co-chief master.

As for now, I must go check up on the girls to see they're sleeping alright.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3467 3468 3469 3470 3471 3472 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games