Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:46 pm
Oh, and that Squall excuse doesn't hold either. Sure, his home world could have been destroyed by Heartless, and he ended up there, but how does that effect the plot? I could say, "Oh, well, Solid Snake's home world was destroyed by Heartless too, let's toss him in there. Same with Wesker. And Mario." How does that serve the storyline aside from, "Ooh! It's Squall! He's from FFVIII! That makes this game automatically awesome!"
I mean, they could have just as easily created a new original (although it's hard to imagine Square come up with anything original these days) character, and not lose anything.

Oh, and as for the weapon. Yes, sure, every main character could have a unique weapon. Except for one thing... A key is not a weapon.
What if Sora carried around a wooden chair and beat people over the head with it? Does that make it such a great weapon?
Sure, maybe if the chair's legs were sharpened and you were fighting vampires.
Just the same, let's say the key actually had sharp ridges that could hurt someone a little more than just blunt force trauma. But it didn't. It was an average looking key, only bigger in size. It was stupid.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:39 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh, and that Squall excuse doesn't hold either. Sure, his home world could have been destroyed by Heartless, and he ended up there, but how does that effect the plot? I could say, "Oh, well, Solid Snake's home world was destroyed by Heartless too, let's toss him in there. Same with Wesker. And Mario." How does that serve the storyline aside from, "Ooh! It's Squall! He's from FFVIII! That makes this game automatically awesome!"
I mean, they could have just as easily created a new original (although it's hard to imagine Square come up with anything original these days) character, and not lose anything.

Oh, and as for the weapon. Yes, sure, every main character could have a unique weapon. Except for one thing... A key is not a weapon.
What if Sora carried around a wooden chair and beat people over the head with it? Does that make it such a great weapon?
Sure, maybe if the chair's legs were sharpened and you were fighting vampires.
Just the same, let's say the key actually had sharp ridges that could hurt someone a little more than just blunt force trauma. But it didn't. It was an average looking key, only bigger in size. It was stupid.

Have you ever heard of a crossover? Several games have done it, and movies have done it. Yes, they could've added those characters to a game like this, but since Square Enix doesn't own it, than they can't do it. That's another thing, another reason they added them is because they could. And it made the story interesting to see some familiar faces in a different game. As for him being in the story, well, he played a bigger part than you think. It shows that the Heartless have the capability to destroy worlds.

A key can be a weapon. A key can be a shiv, look it up if you don't know about it. Thus making it a weapon. No one said it was a great weapon by the way, just a unique one.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:46 pm
Again, I don't see what that has to do with Squall. A new character could have revealed such information just as easily.
And yes, you're right, it is a crossover. And I think that crossovers in general suck. (Super Smash Bros. partially excluded, since it's mostly for gameplay, and not so much storyline.) But let's say a crossover is what it is.. They could've done a crossover of Disney with FFVII, or VIII, or X, but no, they decided to do it with ALL of them, so as a result, you have a bunch of useless characters who don't contribute anything to the plot, like Cid from VII.

So you say a key is not a great weapon. In that case, if I were Sora, I'd say, "Okay, so this key is important. I'll keep it aside, meanwhile I'll just take this sword and use THAT as a weapon." Somehow, I have a hard time believing that he couldn't find anything else that would serve as a better weapon.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:00 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Again, I don't see what that has to do with Squall. A new character could have revealed such information just as easily.
And yes, you're right, it is a crossover. And I think that crossovers in general suck. (Super Smash Bros. partially excluded, since it's mostly for gameplay, and not so much storyline.) But let's say a crossover is what it is.. They could've done a crossover of Disney with FFVII, or VIII, or X, but no, they decided to do it with ALL of them, so as a result, you have a bunch of useless characters who don't contribute anything to the plot, like Cid from VII.

So you say a key is not a great weapon. In that case, if I were Sora, I'd say, "Okay, so this key is important. I'll keep it aside, meanwhile I'll just take this sword and use THAT as a weapon." Somehow, I have a hard time believing that he couldn't find anything else that would serve as a better weapon.

They only really did it with three FF games. VII, VIII and X. Cid was there for the gameplay aspect, but some others were there for story. They tried to balance out which were for story and which were for gameplay. Cloud and Sephiroth are both from gameplay.
Well, let's see, a keyblade chooses it's owner, it unlocked all types of doors and hearts. Um...no where in the game did I see a sword or another weapon lying around. Now I don't think anyone would willingly give a real sword to a kid in exchange for a weapon they cannot use.
I never said a key was a great weapon, but there are no such things as bad weapons.  

Elliot Salem

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:29 pm
Well, I don't find playing as a little kid who uses a key as a weapon appealing at all.
I don't buy into the Final Fantasy aspect of it. Throwing in a bunch of familiar faces, isn't gonna make me all crazy about the game. It was a cheap marketing ploy.
I hated the music.
The gameplay mechanics were unappealing. Frankly, I prefer my JRPGs turn based. But even if I had to endure the gameplay, I would hope it's for a good storyline. Because RPGs revolve around storylines. Now, either Square's storylines have become really really bad, or I've simply grown a bit too mature for them.
I mean, I'd still replay FFVIII, but for all I know, the only reason I'd still enjoy the storyline is because of the nostalgia.
But none of their new stuff has been appealing to me at all. It's always the same pretentious, "Oh, let's develop this bubble gum love story, and then end it on a sad note by separating the lovers at the end, so then all the 13 year old girls playing this game will cry."

Not gonna waste my money on it. It's really sad how Square retained its popularity, while smaller companies with GOOD RPGs hardly get any popularity at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:57 pm
Too bad Square Enix decided to be Sony-only, so you'll hear it from all your PS3 buddies while I bask in the sunlight of Lost Odyssey, Infinite Undiscovery, Blue Dragon, etc. Your favorite turn-based JRPGs. All mine. Except you're gonna get White Knight Chronicles... And before you say it yes, the dude in Lost Odyssey does look... somewhat feminine, but it's still a sweet traditional RPG. Aka, heart And I won't say Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion because they aren't really turn-based RPGs. But fun RPGs nonetheless.

Sorry if that came off as insultish, but I really had to say something to defend my 360 from your constant downtalking of it. Sorry. sweatdrop As you can tell, I'm kinda iffy on treading over that console line... It gets stuff started that I never intend and then I end up spending X amount of hours defending my position, afraid to leave my post lest I be overwhelmed with competition. Yeah, console wars can do that to ya.  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:11 pm
Hey, I don't need any RPGs for my PS3, everyone knows there's a TONS of good classic RPGs for the PSP. I really wanna pick up Jean D'Arc. Although I think I know how it ends. She gets burned at the steak?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:44 pm
I want to pick that up too, Bio. If you get it before me, tell me how it is, ja?  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:16 am
Yeah... But I'm gonna start putting money away bit by bit for a certain trip, so I dunno how free my spending will be in near future.
It's on my list though.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 5:42 am
Oh I love trips!! whee But seriously, what are you going to do on the plane?

Exactly, play your PSP. Think of it as a traveling expense... xd  

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:08 pm
Well, I could always play a PS1 game on my PSP, or something on an emulator. Or one of my current PSP games, like Metal Gear Solid or something... We'll see.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:13 pm
A trip, eh? Well, have fun, Bio!  

Javanomicron

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:01 pm
Oh, I'm not that rich. It won't be for a while.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:30 pm
I wanna go... o 3o

[Le S h i t]

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:22 pm
Well.... You can't.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games