Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3477 3478 3479 3480 3481 3482 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:58 pm

Tana la Scrivana
*Incredibly tempted to raise hand*

Like your own guild based on Hogwarts? And will it (hopefully) be non-canon?

Si Tana-kun. 3nodding

No part of it will involve the actual characters. It's more of a "based-on" kind of RP, and still very much a work in progress. sweatdrop
What I mainly need are skilled writers to assist in creating the world and making it playable, and then assisting me in maintaining said world. biggrin
If you are interested I would be more than honored to have a person of your caliber on staff. 3nodding
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:08 pm

Never harm in helping a friend. If this is guild-based, do you already have a guild available for your use?

And I'd be glad to see what I could do as to helping create the world. Of course I do also have other things going on such as my children, but I can try! Developing role-play worlds is fun! What exactly did you have in mind?

I'm not particularly of such high caliber when it comes to role-play. As Talon mentioned [somewhere], during our match in the Arena he kept me alert even with mere normal tactics. I'm not entirely that experienced or very good at role-playing.

Tanakietsu

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:14 pm

Tana la Scrivana
Never harm in helping a friend. If this is guild-based, do you already have a guild available for your use?

And I'd be glad to see what I could do as to helping create the world. Of course I do also have other things going on such as my children, but I can try! Developing role-play worlds is fun! What exactly did you have in mind?

I'm not particularly of such high caliber when it comes to role-play. As Talon mentioned [somewhere], during our match in the Arena he kept me alert even with mere normal tactics. I'm not entirely that experienced or very good at role-playing.

Even if that is the case Tana-kun, you are more experienced than the average gaia member, as well as more mature. smile

My basic vision for this is basically to create a Wizard-School RP guild, with various elements involved, including wars with dark-wizards, problems in the muggle world, etc.
The main theme of the RP would focus on class time and mini-adventures, including a bunch of scheduled events and some free-form RP for the students.
The hard part is that the HP series only provides us with some basic spells, and the list is no where near large enough to accommodate such a large RP, as such, new spells must be created, and that is where we run into a problem. sweatdrop
I do have some ideas however, and it's easy enough to form some incantations. I feel like we could really get this thing moving along with a bit of inspiration. 3nodding
At the moment, the guild is still early-phase, but it's starting to take shape a bit.
and yes, I do have a guild available. smile
It has around eight subforums, and I have already shaped a tiny bit of the world. Shall I send an invite?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 pm

We stand in awe...
We stand in awe...
_________________________________________________________________________________

i think i like this magni prime guy... i could relate to him... gotta hate beggars... but to e honest, i think almost everyone on gaia started out begging........... well they weren't so desperate, but still in some ways they insinuate that they're broke and need some donations... but i don't find that a problem anymore. if you know what you want when it's gonna be at it's cheapest, it's not that hard to make some money...

_________________________________________________________________________________

Before that which can not be explained...
Before that which can not be explained...

Thurndir

5,750 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Statustician 100

Akatala

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:32 pm

Tana la Scrivana
*Jaw-drop* Another beautiful table-topper joins the guild! A decade, huh? I feel old again now.

Talon...!!! *whines* Whyyyyy?

[/overdramatics]

Welcome to the guild! I'm sure it wont be quite as hard as you believe it is to join a decent role-play or even make your own. Getting your ideas out to interest others may be a bit of a problem if you have trouble just making a thread. Of course, posting an idea here within the Hangout will give you a slight edge, as there are a bunch of Hangout Regulars. And there also exists a small group of regulars within the OOC Subforum that pretty much take a look at everything (I know I do.), so if you post it there it will most likely be read by a few. The main way to see if there is a lot of popularity with an idea is to just post it. Though don't be surprised if one or two ideas bite the dust. We may be "home" to a large number, but I can tell you that the actual number of posters is somewhere near a hundred or so tops. I wish you luck fellow Star Wars role player!
===
*Scampers back to to his table-top group to continue his Sith Lord apprenticeship as well as the group developing their own table-top*

I think perhaps I shall try by tossing out a few ideas in here first, see what people think, then I'll attempt to add flair to the best one and go from there.

Tana.. One quick question since you is a Star Wars tabletopper. D6 or D20? twisted

Now that that's out of my system, umm here are the biggest ideas I could possibly spin a small tale with the potential of growth into chronicles and/or spin-offs.

1. Tropical Renaissance tech-level world that has prejudice aplenty in race (human v anthro), property (pro v anti-slavery) PG-13 at worst of course, political entanglements, underground crime rings pulling noble strings, and of course can't forget the fact that magick is out-lawed due to a long ago war that nearly wiped out the entire living world.

2. Hidden island with it's own modern metropolis that resembles Chicago with a mono-rail loop connecting to the subways/el-trains etc, and all the other ultra-modern works in downtown. The catch would be the fact that it plays sanctuary to displaced humans as well as everything else without a home. Humans, vampire, were-wolves, fey, etc are all equal and subject to the same laws. There are, of course, areas where the law would turn it's head and pretend nothing happened. Things can get interesting when people have to play together nicely when instinct tells them to do otherwise.

3. This last idea is one I've toyed with for a while. Old world type fey, the stuff of Irish and Norse myth of Sidhe and Elves. No one knows where they came from, only that they seem to be connected to humanity. Whatever happens to humanity happens to them too. So lets take a modern location with equal access to technology and the outside world as well as nature preserves etc, and toss in some dark, light, and something-in-between fey with humans who either can't tell the difference or have one sense showing them a little more of the true picture than what everyone else gets. A little bit of faery glamour is all it takes to turn suburbia into an adventure playground.

Okay so I got a bit lengthy with the explanations but which one seems more appealing? Or should I chuck all three and try again?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:27 am

My friends and I have been playing for over a decade and a half, giving us much time to think about a lot of table-top qualities. We have found that the games are much more fun with more options of failing miserably than becoming victorious. In fact, we almost prefer the failings of our characters because they are, well ... amusing.

We play with D20's giving us more room to fail as long as you take in the fact that we play with 1-15 as failing rolls and only 16-20 are positive outcomes in any and every situation. While this gives us a very indeterminate value for failure, 1 scores are epic, epic, epic failures. But if we do, per chance roll a saving grace, the outcomes are moderate to above average at best.

Tanakietsu

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:59 am

...... I have never done table-top gaming. Well, once with some guys who came over. Anyways, I got confused a lot.

So, whassup?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:27 am

First day of school~

One last semester of High School, and then a semester at the community college to get enough credits (I already have some) to transfer down to the University I'mma go to next Fall.

.... Wow, time flies fast >>;

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:29 pm

o.o -.- o.o

Wow...lots happened while I was away. Sorry folks, see I'm a runner and all so I got to be active.

Wait..they are?!?!?!!? *steals one of prime's cookies then noms* Yummmmies....*savors it then looks at other posts* A HARRY POTTER GUILD?!?!!? I WANT IN! *tackles guild master of it* Pwlease?

Honestly I been with gaia for about...4 years? 5? Around there >.< This is just my alt since my other person was getting boring plus I wanted to start over. And so far, I love it~! For Rp though...I count writing as rp so I guess I started rping when I was 10.....or 9? Maybe 11... As you can see I'm horrible with keeping track of time yet remember them like they were last week ^^'

But w/e that's just me. Akatala, I like your first idea...second..and the last one is okay. I would rp in all three ^~^
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:21 pm

Tana la Scrivana
My friends and I have been playing for over a decade and a half, giving us much time to think about a lot of table-top qualities. We have found that the games are much more fun with more options of failing miserably than becoming victorious. In fact, we almost prefer the failings of our characters because they are, well ... amusing.

We play with D20's giving us more room to fail as long as you take in the fact that we play with 1-15 as failing rolls and only 16-20 are positive outcomes in any and every situation. While this gives us a very indeterminate value for failure, 1 scores are epic, epic, epic failures. But if we do, per chance roll a saving grace, the outcomes are moderate to above average at best.

I play the old D6, but I play Wild Dice style which also gives the opportunity for fails and epic fails which I thoroughly enjoy myself. I once played a character that failed at just about everything he did. That was his singular talent. His wedding was an absolute riot. rofl

Roses, I'm the same way with many of my most beloved stories and characters. lol As for the RP ideas, it appears like I'm going to have to sit and chew on them for a bit to decide which ones I really want to put effort into fleshing out more. confused

Akatala

4,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200

Panpear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:39 pm

I like the first idea and second idea as well. Third one is ok.

Go with the first one! biggrin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife
Wait..they are?!?!?!!? *steals one of prime's cookies then noms* Yummmmies....*savors it then looks at other posts* A HARRY POTTER GUILD?!?!!? I WANT IN! *tackles guild master of it* Pwlease?

blaugh
But of course. Would you be willing to help in the creation and possibly be a teacher?

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 pm

neon-neon
...... I have never done table-top gaming. Well, once with some guys who came over. Anyways, I got confused a lot.

So, whassup?

Neos... I don't think THAT counts as "table top gaming..."

Lulz
I keed I keed...
But really, it's epic. 3nodding
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm

Mirouni
neon-neon

So, whassup?

Neos... I don't think THAT counts as "table top gaming..."

Lulz
I keed I keed...
But really, it's epic. 3nodding

Really? But they had the dice and the D&D handbook and everything.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:52 pm

neon-neon

Really? But they had the dice and the D&D handbook and everything.

lol, forgive me Neos. I was just messing with ya. xd

How've you been?
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3477 3478 3479 3480 3481 3482 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games