Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:43 pm
Vankala
What could ruin RE? Killing off an important character of the series, like Jill... stare
Honey, the game was ruined LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG before they killed her off.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:47 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Alkaizer87
Siulent hill would only ruin it because silent hill is more spiritually based, and not more realisticly science based.

Not that there's very much of that "realistically science based" left in RE.
You got a point, but still it is possible for someone to make a virus, it's jsut the governament doesn't give out permits to do so anywhere....well not to my knowledge.  

Alkaizer87

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:52 pm
Alkaizer87
Biohazard EXTREME
Alkaizer87
Siulent hill would only ruin it because silent hill is more spiritually based, and not more realisticly science based.

Not that there's very much of that "realistically science based" left in RE.
You got a point, but still it is possible for someone to make a virus, it's jsut the governament doesn't give out permits to do so anywhere....well not to my knowledge.

I'm talking about a cult of ancient parasites that have been buried for centuries, but are able to grow into gigantic spider type creatures in a matter of seconds.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:57 pm
A babysitting miniga-OH WAIT...  

MadamTarantula

Alkaizer87

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:13 am
Yeah after I played RE4 I didn't want to play again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:56 pm
I think the live action movies ruined Resident Evil.The weren't that good.
Resident Evil biggrin egeneration was the only great movie made.
I wish they made all the games into CG movies.  

Revy_TwoGun

Belbecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:43 am
Uhh I might get slapped for asking this, but what part of RE4 does everyone hate so much? Sure it changed the gameplay hardcore and was full of pretty bs boy Leon and a whiney uni student...but I personally thought it was still enjoyable....  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:53 am
Belbecat
Uhh I might get slapped for asking this, but what part of RE4 does everyone hate so much? Sure it changed the gameplay hardcore and was full of pretty bs boy Leon and a whiney uni student...but I personally thought it was still enjoyable....

I didn't hate the graphics. I didn't hate Richrd Waugh's voice acting. I didn't hate the overall production quality.
Everything else about this game can burn in hell. Every single thing about this game that COULD'VE been good, has at least one thing about it that ruins it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:54 am
Translation = he hated the story.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 pm
Revy_TwoGun

Degeneration was just a showcase for Leon to look awesome and show off more. No thank you.

As for the movies, they can't/didn't ruin Resident Evil. They have nothing to do with the storyline of the games (like oh say, RE4), therefore they can't ruin the storyline of the games (like oh say, RE4).

Plus Alice is still more human than Leon, at least in the first movie. She doesn't backflip her way through a laser hallway, she doesn't have a magical attache case that can hold over 10 guns and yet still be weightless and invisible, and yes she's psychic now. Alexia Ashford, anyone? While I feel the movies should focus a little more on the entire crew and not just Alice, the movies are still enjoyable to watch.

Unlike Degeneration. Ugh, way to incapacitate Claire in favor of Angela and Leon. "Oh teh noes! My leg! I gotted cut by glass! Leon! Save the world! Angela! Stay back, let Leon save the world! And when you save the world, make sure you do it in Matrix fashion or I'll never talk to you again! Promise?" "Heh. Matrix is so lame. I'll just go beyond the Matrix. I'll go... Leon-style." "*GASP, swoon* Oh Leon! *stars in eyes*"

By the way, I say we vote on changing the name to "What Ruined Resident Evil?" My vote goes to yes. razz  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:22 pm
AngelaAshford
Translation = he hated the story.
You're forgetting the over the top acrobatics, stupid monster designs, weapon upgrading and shopping in general, enemies dropping money, too much ammo, lack of horror, I could go on...  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:11 pm
Canas Renvall
Revy_TwoGun

Degeneration was just a showcase for Leon to look awesome and show off more. No thank you.

As for the movies, they can't/didn't ruin Resident Evil. They have nothing to do with the storyline of the games (like oh say, RE4), therefore they can't ruin the storyline of the games (like oh say, RE4).

Plus Alice is still more human than Leon, at least in the first movie. She doesn't backflip her way through a laser hallway, she doesn't have a magical attache case that can hold over 10 guns and yet still be weightless and invisible, and yes she's psychic now. Alexia Ashford, anyone? While I feel the movies should focus a little more on the entire crew and not just Alice, the movies are still enjoyable to watch.

Unlike Degeneration. Ugh, way to incapacitate Claire in favor of Angela and Leon. "Oh teh noes! My leg! I gotted cut by glass! Leon! Save the world! Angela! Stay back, let Leon save the world! And when you save the world, make sure you do it in Matrix fashion or I'll never talk to you again! Promise?" "Heh. Matrix is so lame. I'll just go beyond the Matrix. I'll go... Leon-style." "*GASP, swoon* Oh Leon! *stars in eyes*"

By the way, I say we vote on changing the name to "What Ruined Resident Evil?" My vote goes to yes. razz

Actually the movies are based on the games just not the storyline.  

Revy_TwoGun

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:18 pm
Damn, I can't believed I haven't picked up Degeneration yet. I'll go look it up on the net now.

Any warnings before I do? Real bad?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:28 pm
I've heard mixed reviews. Though, the worst review I heard was from a guy who had only played RE4 and really liked the live action movies, so... (for the record, I hate the movies too)

The premises of the movie kinds sound of stupid to me. But hey, it's Resident Evil; not Shakespeare. Basically, there's zombies in an airport, then an airplane crashes into the airport which contains.... more zombies!

Claire just happens to be at this airport babysitting some kid, and then the government sends Leon in. I don't know much other than that.  

Thee Stranger

Mr. Kennedy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:30 pm
You say he was a fan of RE4 AND the films? I can't decide if that's good or bad.

Yeah I've been meaning to check it out since the teaser was first released.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games