Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3502 3503 3504 3505 3506 3507 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:28 pm

I see Shaman King as a cross between Bleach and Medabots- one awesome idea, and one crappy one. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:31 pm

Never saw it, but it sounds cool. Fill me in sometime, all my friends worship manga and they way I fit in is people blurt the secret plots of all the popular books. razz

Mellow Zihark

blue-alien

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:46 pm

@Articx-Frost

Yeah... Back then when I first thought It out and introduced it to the public it started out small, Just Earth, The world I created, and some final fantasy references. Then I Asked people what additional content you want to see. Then... That happened. I could reduce the References if it helps.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Yes.. it is very bleach in it's essence.. but it's cool in the sense that it's at least somewhat unique. *shrug*

I think I may make one though...

Oh, and I'll post in the Battle thread in a moment Magni. ^_^

Mirouni

6,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Ezreal Goes Exploring

Dapper Informer

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:22 pm

w00t elongated teachers strike! another week of FREEDOM!!! xp
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:58 pm

Magni Prime
I see Shaman King as a cross between Bleach and Medabots- one awesome idea, and one crappy one. sweatdrop

Except they came up with the Bleach aspects before Bleach came out; since I totally remember reading Shaman King in Shonen Jump before I ever heard of Bleach. XD And then I checked on wikipedia because I can't trust my brain.

Shaman King
Bleach

Now, I haven't actually read Bleach at all, but maybe they took the good aspects and left the bad. And then improved with even more awesome concepts. XD

I rather liked Shaman King, but I barely remember the plot, let alone what they did... *Reads the article* Oh yeah. It was pretty funny. XD Plus it was neat because I was learning about real shaman at the time (a Hmong one came to our class and talked about what he did for a living. It was cool.)

At any rate, most of the shonen mange are sort of the same endless story, but with a different flavor or twist. They just come and go in cycles... DBZ, Pokemon, Shaman King, something else I'm sure, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach... You fight for to save you love, and you always need to get to the next level of you have. Rinse, repeat.

Not that that's a bad formula, especially when they twist it around a bit.

EDIT: Who else is annoyed by the bottom toolbar, the new 'Refill' button for gaia cash, or both?

Panpear

Panpear

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:24 pm

blue-alien
Really? I'm trying to keep my RP from dying from Inactivity, I only have two people joined In my RP so far.

Oh yeah, while I'm thinking of it:

1) I would be 10 times more likely to click on your RP if all the words were spelled correctly. I think 'accepting' is currently incorrect. It looks like a typo though; I know you can spell. biggrin (I know I can't. XD )
2) I would be 10 times more likely to click on your RP if all the appropriate words were capitalized. I would expect either "The World of "The Roost"" or "The world of "the roost"". Mixed lower and upper bugs me ever so slightly, though I understand why you would want to emphasize the last two words.

Other than that it looks well thought out and pleasantly formatted; what's preventing me from looking further is the fact I'm in a few too many RPs right now. But if you just keep the people you got posting, no matter how slowly, I think it will survive. I'm in one that's ... wow, nearly a year old now, at 9 pages, and STILL SURVIVES. I know people here have even older ones that run near 200 pages sometimes, so just try to get your RPers to stick with it!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:37 pm

@Panpear

Actually the title's a working title at the moment. I'm trying to come up with a better one. As for the format of title, It was cut short. (damn Title limits...) and since I Wrote the title at 3 AM in the morning my brain was literally fried. But I'll change it in a moment and fix it right.

Oh, and don't worry I'll try. I just need people who are active. I have someone who's been off for a while, two people which I'm awaiting some form of Reply from them due to A few profile errors.

blue-alien

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:14 am

Did the [P] tag ever get institutionalized? I remembered reading about it around a week ago. Haven't really checked to see whether the concept was actually adopted.

Nii-san?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:17 am

I'm seeing it in the rules, so it looks like it's a go.

Panpear

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:36 am

Panpear is correct, I adopted the new tag. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:45 am

Kay, I was just wondering. Thanks.

Tanakietsu

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:46 am

Not a problem, black-banded Tana.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:47 am

Urge to role-play rising. Dun-dun-duh!!!!

Tanakietsu

Mist3r Thr33

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:53 pm

Oi, strangers.
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3502 3503 3504 3505 3506 3507 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games