Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3518 3519 3520 3521 3522 3523 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:27 am

That dates you now?

Wow...

"When I was a kid, Pluto was a planet."
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:19 am

When I was a kid... eravamo esigere verso imparare / quatre différent langue. Ευρώπη είναι θαυμάσιος.

And that was rudimentary. However, it might be different for Americans.

When I was a kid they freed Nelson Mandella, Germany reunited, and Germany beat Argentina for the world cup. Of course, that all happened in 1990.

Tanakietsu

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:07 pm

hmmm I was 3 when they freed Nelson Mandela. Yep definitely a kid.

Haha and the only thing rudimentary for Americans is where to slide the credit card. >_>
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:26 pm

......when I was a kid, it was a big deal to have a cassette recorder. stare

I watched G1 transformers after school.
There was no internet.
I was the only one on my street with a computer: commodore 64.
atari 2600 was the most advanced system during my early years, and I had to beg for a nintendo NES system for a long time.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Gli americani non dobbiamo imparare niente lingui.... a volta, impariamo dello spagnolo, ma di solito solo d'inglese. >__> In licea e/o universita', alcuni studenti imparano un po' dell'una lingua - francese, tedesco, spagnolo, o latino (do those need articles?), ma non molto....

When I was a kid, Nickelodeon was the cool TV station (Who's Afraid of the Dark?, All That, etc.), POGs were the s**t, and I was jealous of my friends who had a Sega Genesis. We ended up with a SNES eventually, but it broke. ;___; And when I was in high school, nobody but a small handful of rich kids had a cell phone.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Lol cobalt you must be around the same age as me then.

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

blue-alien

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:05 pm

OMG, I did a small line and there's a discussion that lead to the Bablyon 5 to the "When I was a kid" type of thing.

Oh man. . . When I was a kid back then, CN, was Cartoon Network only, Nick had all the best shows, I was afraid of video games, and gas prices were not as expensive as they used to be. I remember the time when the N64 was the thing and everyone wanted it. When Super Mario 64 came out and we popped the game in, it blew our minds to see Mario in 3-D.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:02 am

HAHA I remember 98cents for gas!

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

Tanakietsu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:48 am

I remember a time before Euros... And gas prices were the equivalent to $3.50. And that's low.

No, my dear. No articles are necessary for a list like that. And that is very limited. Wow!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:50 am

Kiss me...
Hi, I'm Kura-chan. ^^
I'm basically crazy, and I tend to ramble a lot. If I ramble too much, just kick me in the head. I've also been described as 'random to the core'
Anyone who talks to me frequently (...Amethyst...) can attest to this. =P
I'm also a smiley abuser. =3

It might be a couple of days before I actually join any RPs here, because I've just suddenly been swamped with coursework, but I'll be around, I promise. >_<
...I taste like blackberries User Image

Xx T i g e r L a d y xX

Eloquent Entrepreneur

8,425 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200

Cobalt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 pm

I will add that universities usually offer a limited study of other languages, like the Italian classes that I'm taking now, or things like Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Greek or Arabic. Many times these are only two semester studies, at best four semester. High schools, once in a blue moon you might find a class or two in Chinese or something, but it's quite rare. Most high schools offer at least Spanish, and generally the bigger/better the school, the more languages. But so few schools offer more than the four I listed. And it is rare for a student to study any language for all four years, most only go for two. Sad, but that's America for you.

Welcome Kura!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:12 pm

I remember 89 cent gas . . . whee  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

blue-alien

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:11 pm

89 cent gas?!

I didn't know that.

Ugh. . .When are the peoples; battling out in the Arena start to post again?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:32 am

I'll get my post done at some point. Been ill for a while so not much has been done round here.

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

Panpear

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Yeah, don't look at me. I'm still flying through the air. biggrin
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3518 3519 3520 3521 3522 3523 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games