Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

xX_Cardboard_Cookies_Xx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:02 am
Hey everyone! I'm Jenna/Frankie o: call me either!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:15 am
Hullo there dearie.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:12 pm
Welcome Jenna!  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:25 am
Hi~!  

Lucian Aithine

Arnoria

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:18 pm
Hello!

Let's see, where to start? I live in Melbourne, Australia, I'm 21. I have just completed a Bachelor of Arts degree in Creative and Professional Writing at Deakin University. I'm hoping to get into editing/publishing in some form, but it's proving difficult to get my foot in the door - most places want a minimum 2-3years experience. Having studied literature, editing and writing for several years, I love reading other people's work. I like seeing how other people think, and the amazing capacity of people's imaginations to create other worlds, complex characters and intricate plots.

While I've been studying at uni, however, I've only really had time for prescribed reading and writing essays, so my own writing has kind of taken a back seat for the last 3 1/2 years. I am hoping, through groups such as this, to rekindle my passion for writing and to get myself moving again and get back writing my novel. I mostly write fiction (fantasy, surrealist, historical), but I will occasionally dabble in creative non-fiction or poetry. Thankfully my poetry has matured and improved over the years - not only is some of my earlier poetry absolutely dreadful, it's also quite depressing, a la Sylvia Plath (as I was quite miserable at school and spent a lot of my lunch breaks pouring the dismal, often quite acerbic contents of my shrivelled heart onto paper).

But I have, no doubt, scared and alienated you all now with my usual incoherent ramblings. I greatly look forward to reading everyone's writing and I hope I can make at least some small constructive comments. I will endeavour, wherever possible, to offer the best analysis/critiques I can. When I eventually manage to upload some writing of my own, feel free to absolutely tear it to shreds in your critiques (constructively, of course).

"You are not an author until you can paper your entire room with rejection letters" (not sure who said that, but I like it smile )  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:43 pm

Welcome Arnoria, may I say that I'm looking forward to your writing. ^-^ You already seem like an interesting person in my eyes.

Oukow

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:40 pm
Welcome, Arnoria!

Glad to have you here! I'm excited about getting to read some of your works.

In other news: I'm twitchy from all the excitement of the next couple of weeks. (In order of most excited about-less excited about)

Tomorrow: TJ OSHIE IS GOING TO SIGN MY NEW CHUCKS. Pictures will come. smile If you don't know who he is, www.givoogle.com search him and pretend you knew all along because it will make me very sad if you ask me who he is. Oh, and I'd suggest an image search as well, he's HOTT! teehee

ONE WEEK: HBP PREMIERE. I'm twitchy with excitement.

Saturday: bonfire with friends!

The Saturday after that: Leave for mission trip! WEEK OFF WORK BABY!

Wow. Crazy, but awesome.

I'm entirely too excitable sometimes. Like the twitching thing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:32 pm
Welcome Welcome Arnoria.

I must say I hope to read some of your works, but I will be leaving in a few days, so I am not sure how much I will get to see in a timely fashion of course.

Waffles, I am going to be gone over the weekend. I might be able to jump on here a bit when I'm flying but I'm not sure. I'm off to California for a few weeks. Than running away to Italy to hide under a bridge, etching words into my bones, as I drink myself to hell.

3nodding I love you all. Ta Ta.  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:09 pm
No worries Tak. Have fun, don't get yourself into too much trouble. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:57 am
Me? In trouble? Never.

xd  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Lucian Aithine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:26 pm
Just got back from camp! Yay! Welcome Arnoria!

And Waffles gave me a new homepage~!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:22 am

Hi everyone! I am so excited to be a member of this forum, and I'm looking forward to writing with all of you.
I don't write nearly as well as I'd like to- so I'm looking forward to some critiqueing that will help me be a better writer. I try to write poetry and short suspense stories. My English professor said I don't put in enough clues in my suspense.
I'm a lot older than most of you, so I won't give my age. You can nickname me "Granny"... rolleyes I'm an Air Force brat, so I don't really call any place hom. I got a Master degree (in Social Work) in 2000 but haven't done anything useful with it.
I hope I am helpful to any of you who ask me questions.
Please be patient with me....  

Lady Sunbird

Lucian Aithine

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:53 am
Please be patient with us, most likely. XP

Welcome! *Is way too hyped up*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:18 pm
Granny, huh?

I kinda like that.

But it only works if you actually are the oldest person here. XD

At any rate, WELCOME!

Sorry, I'm on a capslock craze right now. Just for tonight...you should see my facebook.

Spastic waffles
Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:19 am
Writing gets better with age, just like all else.  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 ... 366 367 368 369 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games