Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3532 3533 3534 3535 3536 3537 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Regulus Sadalsuud

1,650 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:08 pm
Both, I hope. whee  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:13 pm
Definitely both. Unfortunately, I hope no characters for myself in mind at the moment, I'm so intent on getting this all up. It's a lot to write. Do you want to go ahead and start on profiles? I'm only going to ask the basics, like name, age, reaper or ferryman, teacher or student.... but the trick is that the profiles will be in first person! So you have to answer questions about "yourself", mwahaha.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

xJetAngelx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:17 pm
You don't have a skeleton up for profiles, is name, age, profession, and teacher/student all you would like from us, or is there like a bio section too?

Aaaand can I be a ferryman teacher? whee  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 pm
You can be a ferryman teacher! Just gimme a few more minutes to get the profile skeleton up. Then once I look at your profiles, I'll go ahead and let you two run loose while I finish the longass intro and post the rules.  

welian

Crew

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:23 pm
Well, it's open now. I might have made a few mistakes here and there, but it should be good overall.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:17 pm
Yahoo! ^_^ I like it. This will be fun!  

xJetAngelx

Regulus Sadalsuud

1,650 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:50 am
It sure is promising. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:29 am
AHA!!! My profile is up!  

welian

Crew

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:26 am
I'm being outdone in my own roleplay! I create it expecting oars and scythes, and people are surprising me with swords and claws.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:34 am
You'd be surprised what people will do when you say "weapons" or "powers", even if the stereotype is what you were expecting initially.  

Gale OverDrive

Regulus Sadalsuud

1,650 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:00 am
lol That's the thing. A sword is a stereotypical weapon while a scythe is not... To be precise, a scythe is a stereotypical farming tool. XP  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:55 am
Well, it's determined by the context of the RP. For this particular one, since you're mostly reapers, the scythe would be the stereotypical weapon of choice.  

Gale OverDrive

Regulus Sadalsuud

1,650 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:34 am
Not so much a weapon as it is a tool, I'd say. In any case, it would depend on the mythology the RPer chose their death god from. The moirae of the greek mythology used shears to "cut" a person's life thread, much similarly to the way that the Grim Reaper uses a scythe. The character I chose originates from greek mythology as well. Thanatos, brother to Hypnos, is the greek personification of Death and he does use a sword. It mostly depends on the culture you're getting your death god from.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:01 pm
That is an excellent explanation, Regulus. Which makes me ponder Mayan death gods, if they had any.

And Gale, you'd be surprised at how close I came to creating Darius Deathdance with sickles instead of a scythe. Speaking of which, that reminds me of the anime Kuroshitsuji (Black Butler) where all the shinigami have lawn-care related 'scythes'. There's an actual scythe, a chain saw, pruning shears, a LAWN MOWER...  

welian

Crew

Regulus Sadalsuud

1,650 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:06 pm
You're familiar with that one too? Nice. 3nodding Manga, anime or both?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3532 3533 3534 3535 3536 3537 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games