Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3536 3537 3538 3539 3540 3541 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:21 am
Disturbing Tale Teller
.... o-o

lawlz, sorry, didn't realize how well-timed that was.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:44 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgbNymZ7vqY ******** win.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:33 pm
am now addicted to Tekken 6  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:37 am
Hmm..... Who'd be interested in a Dragonriders of Pern roleplay? Ninth Pass, After, that time period I think would be cool. Especially since in The Skies of Pern, F'lar mentioned that he wanted to explore the Western continent - who remembers, how they wanted to put a telescope there? I can't say much more without going into spoiler territory, but... I think it's worth a thought.  

welian

Crew

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:14 pm
Hmmm . . . might be interesting. I have read a few of the dragonriders of pern books . . .

I ******** hate random event item generators. Having bought a bundle of the new animal quackers items, none of them are selling well in the marketplace, and when I tried to use one, the first screen was for Llamas, the second was 'fail.' So, a 60K item became a 7K item, and not even one of the new ones. stressed stressed stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:14 pm
Ooo, I love Pern books. I'd be for it, once my NaNoWriMo stuff is done. It'll definitely make me want to read the books again, since the Pern world is... different enough that it's easy to forget it's mood.  

Panpear

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:19 pm
Only Dragonsinger and Dragonsong ever truly make me want to re-read them. The rest have been somewhat forgettable . . . perhaps the Masterharper was nice, giving background on Robinton- and Camo, Silvina, and others.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:22 pm
I've been on a Pern kick this week, reading through 7 of the books in a row. One thing I've noticed about McCaffery's style is that you have to read slowly - she has an expansive vocabulary, and she expresses much of the mood in just one or two sentences. I think that's how she crams so much into each book.

I need to reread Dragonsdawn, Dragonsblood, and Dragon's Kin... I want to find my copy of the third book in the Harper Hall trilogy, the one centered around Piemur, and I could have SWORN I had Nerilka's Story somewhere... maybe it was a library book.

Hands down though, my favorite characters are Jaxom, Ruth, and Aivas.

SPOILER EDIT: And I cried SOOOOO hard when Robinton died!  

welian

Crew

Panpear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:54 pm
@ Spoiler: It made me sad too.

I first read the Dragonsinger / Dragonsong trilogy thing, and then I rented all the books from the library. The first one I read besides though was an old copy of the White Dragon one, so that made my favorite characters also include Jaxom and Ruth (I read that book in 4th grade... and upon re-reading it later I went 'huh... maybe I shouldn't have been reading this at that age').

Most of the rest kind of blurred together, but I did always like the Dolphins of Pern one. The kid in that is another one of my favorites, though it has been awhile since I read that one. I also liked all the ones that revealed more the of the mysteries behind Pern. Though as their world changed it kinda made me a little sad that things were advancing. Like how technology improved in Discworld, you know?

The other old book I stole from my parents was the one with the lady who's name started with an M? And was really sad so I never read it again.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:09 pm
You mean Moreta: Dragonlady of Pern? Because I was bawling at the end of that book. She deserves that ballad.  

welian

Crew

Cobalt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:00 pm
I would like to add that I think her son's additions to the Pern series are crap. The ones Anne did are wonderful, especially the original two trilogies, but he just writes empty stories that I don't think amount to much. Anyone can do that, and lots of people have. Plus I'm not a big fan of his writing style.

/rant  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:23 am
*listens absentmindedly to discussion*

And it seems that my enemy in the Arena is either busy, or has forgotten me.  

Gale OverDrive

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:27 am
Cobalt
I would like to add that I think her son's additions to the Pern series are crap. The ones Anne did are wonderful, especially the original two trilogies, but he just writes empty stories that I don't think amount to much. Anyone can do that, and lots of people have. Plus I'm not a big fan of his writing style.

/rant

The one he wrote, I've read only once. So, I can't say anything because I don't exactly remember the writing style.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:30 am
....haven't been in here in ages....dear lord....Still booming I see XD  

DarkScarlettVixen

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:05 pm
You know it.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3536 3537 3538 3539 3540 3541 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games