Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 369 370 371 372 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:20 pm
Uchi-Michi

User Image
Oh! Hello! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of Gaia~
Been a while since I've had a new visitor, haha~

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:25 am
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

My team is Spice right now, so I have those stats available as 271 kills and 751 heals at level 20; Sugar should be less than half of each of those, and I quit JUST after hitting level 20 for each.
Edit-to-add: I'm Sugar now, and I had 70 kills and 127 heals for level 20; less than a third of what I needed for Spice. Spice was pain.
There's a theory floating around that whichever team you chose at start got boosted exp gain, but I started as Spice, so I don't know if the theory holds water. Maybe whichever side is winning at the time actually gets the exp buff? Because Sugar was JUST ahead for half or more of the time I spent playing on that side.
I dunno, these events always seem to break part way through every time they roll around, so I'm not sure what anyone really expects. ^^; (And I know for a fact that Spice is at least partially busted because when you attack a Sugar there's no one-hit KO protection for them, but Sugar attacking Spice DOES have the protection applied forcing you to use extra attacks against low level players even when your attacks usually generate more damage than the player's health pool.)

Well, uh, good luck with that whole mob of people? At least they're bringing dogs, dogs are a plus.
Just remember to smile and nod occasionally! They'll never know you're not paying attention. cat_razz

A little mind dead when making this between the kids and the youngest dog.

The dogs would be a plus but both of them need trained up we seen; Valkyrie is a young pup still and doesn't understand a lot of things so she doesn't register other pets needing space at all and stresses them out, also when over excited/stressed Val just spews pee everywhere (which sucks when you just changed socks from that happening and walk back outside into more pup puddles. The other is a chihuahua which I love dearly but sadly she was in a home with her owner with both being uncared for too much so she's not housebroken really, thankfully she's been decenter on messes by not making as much.

Val on the other end is a big dog in a teeny-kinda house... so she's knocked things being playful nd cause excited peed on them all too, and since we got a big dog the two kitties are stressed out a lot specially my baby whom dealt with big dog's disturbing her in her baby times before I had her with chasing when she eye gunk blinding her some so this triggers her some when Val comes running up playfully. (overall it's okay but stressful.)

the kids been okay but I'm thirty heading to thirty-one and my body is deciding to crap out on me more than it did when I was younger and dealt with them so I've been extremely tired between the youngest wanting piggybacks all the time & then I'm just dead some from kids screams when watching them alone from times like 7pm to they just back a half hour ago thanks to poor roads and popping two tires.  

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2024 9:38 pm
the older I get even though they ain't my children, the more I understand the moods of the werewolf parents from Hotel Transylvania as the few moments of freedom from a bunch of kids is great. (Especially when you are trying to get some sinus issues. gonk )

Even worse when I'm feeling icky my care meter drops dramatically. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:52 am
Tobi Kaito

Oh dear, excited pee pups are a handful. Like, yes, I'm very glad to see you, too, pupper, but can we not do this cleaning song and dance every time someone walks through the door? On the bright side, she should grow out of it eventually; most of the excited peers I've known did, at least. As for the chihuahua, I suppose the best thing would be to try to monitor when she's gotten a drink or eaten, and take her outside shortly after. Sometimes that'll train them to want to go outside every time they've gotten a drink, though, but probably preferable to having to clean up messes.

At least the large doggo didn't visit during Christmas with a decorated tree out? c': My in-laws had new dogs in the house this past Christmas and had to relearn dog-proofing the tree since they've only had smaller dogs for the past several years.

Glad the kids have been okay so far! Contending with kids is basically like spinning a roulette to determine how they'll act at a given time, in my experience. =w=; Though the kids I used to watch were pretty well-behaved and easy to deal with. Entertained the older one for a whole afternoon with those sliders you use to make moving heavy furniture easier, just sliding down the hall and back again on them. He also liked to run circles around one of my handmade coasters... Kid was easily amused.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 12:16 am
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:17 pm
User Image

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:01 pm
Queen Spazzy

Oh dear, excited pee pups are a handful. Like, yes, I'm very glad to see you, too, pupper, but can we not do this cleaning song and dance every time someone walks through the door? On the bright side, she should grow out of it eventually; most of the excited peers I've known did, at least. As for the chihuahua, I suppose the best thing would be to try to monitor when she's gotten a drink or eaten, and take her outside shortly after. Sometimes that'll train them to want to go outside every time they've gotten a drink, though, but probably preferable to having to clean up messes.

At least the large doggo didn't visit during Christmas with a decorated tree out? c': My in-laws had new dogs in the house this past Christmas and had to relearn dog-proofing the tree since they've only had smaller dogs for the past several years.

Glad the kids have been okay so far! Contending with kids is basically like spinning a roulette to determine how they'll act at a given time, in my experience. =w=; Though the kids I used to watch were pretty well-behaved and easy to deal with. Entertained the older one for a whole afternoon with those sliders you use to make moving heavy furniture easier, just sliding down the hall and back again on them. He also liked to run circles around one of my handmade coasters... Kid was easily amused.

The good news with Val is sure when she's excited she may pee. like in an actual coin flip of chance, so you could still get a lot of times she'll pee when excited; But she also can be excited as excited gets and not pee everywhere as well which is a relief for I think I'd lose my mind a little more always having to clean up after she sees anyone or anything that excites her.

Sadly with Bella the little chihuahua that's also joining the mix of dogs here (cause we got the excited pee pup & our little dog Sasha.), Mike and Regina make VInce (her owner) take full care of her and sadly Vince is slowly learning how to adult still so we're having to deal with the facts of he'll forget to feed or water her so we'll have to do it secretly from all three of them (As Regina will over apologize we did it, Vince will take it as a sign we'll do all of it for him which all of us do not need him thinking & Mike will have an explosive mood of anger that'll give you traumas if you didn't already suffer from some yelling traumas. It's also why I keep up late & appear vaguely when they been here, as when I do let Bella walk about I'll keep eyes on her & also cause I have the freedom to appear online with no kids screaming to play games.)

Sadly as stated kids change up daily and today was an unfun one with the kids, specially Aaron as twenty minutes before my nephew Travis had to leave for work Aaron decided because he was being upset at me for saying no games he would break one of Travis' purchased food containers. Even worse he laughed about it seeing me get actually quite upset (which rarely happens when I watch the kids, even with their bad behaviors and actions at times from the past.)
So Aaron got in deep trouble from expected and unexpected tonight, unexpected he had me onto him telling the other kids to stop talking at him even to tell him what he did was wrong which scared the boy as he soon realized that he mucked up as his mother's and uncle Travis' younger, overly kinder than need be as I let them all take turns running the shows on television instead of picking their kid movies/shows for them (as I never found it okay to always force kids to watch what you would like too much.), and playful great uncle was now there all "Okay kids I'm in a mood so we're watching a early 2000's cartoon from my youth with zero talking as I want to hear the show as Aaron sits here in time out."
And after all that once his mom and step dad got back he was told off by them for his actions, put back into time out for doing it, forced now to apologize (after he had time out from me he went and apologized to all of us in the household then by his own choice which I shared to both adults.) & since Aaron has been having outburst like that in the RV they sleep in I learned his stepdad was not going to have Aaron start in here so Aaron was also forced to enter the RV tonight after all his siblings went outside to bed as he was going to get a switch whipping before bed as everyone was saying he wanted the Nintendo switch.

So kid times today was a little crazy & stressful due to that as I'm still uncomfortable with little kids around me after dealing with the army of six & for the past week now I been dealing with all six of those kids every day I wake up, so I got this little bit of time awake I have here to destress from all the kids and have more stress as I got to clean my things to have things; Like my clothes for wearing as I'm low now on clothing due to they all showed up when I was needing to do laundry already (so today I'm doing laundry now as I have just one pair of pants now out of owning two weeks of them.), I got to do dishes again tonight as there is six kids, six adults, 3 dogs, and two cats walking around this household & since the two cats been stuck in my bedroom I got to wash my bedding and if I could I also got to look inside my bedroom around everywhere and under everything as I got to check and make sure I got no cat mess in there and if I do I got to go clean up all of that. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:44 am
Tobi Kaito

Glad she doesn't excited pee EVERY time! (It does get very tiring, very fast, to have to clean up if they' pee every time they're excited.)

I... have so many questions about the chihuahua owner. Like, does he forget to feed himself, too?? Because that's the only way I would ever forget to feed a pet. 'cause it's just like, if I'm hungry or thirsty or whatever, than the animal probably is, too, so... Just, so confused why someone who apparently can't handle a responsibility like that would even decide to have a pet.

Ohh, boy, that's a doozy of a meltdown there. If a child had done that with me around, they'd have been in SO much trouble. Like, no TV for anyone, we're having quiet time kind of trouble.

Wait, you have to do all of the dishes? None of your visitors offer to take turns doing them with you or anything? If so, that's messed up! They're adults and should really be doing better than that. Have to admit we don't wash our bedding very often, though. cat_sweatdrop We have to go to the laundromat for all our wash, and it's too expensive to wash all my blankets and our down comforter very often. So all my blankets are COVERED in hair. (Not that washing really helps much with that, the dryers at our laundromat are garbage at getting fur off fabrics.)

Today, I'm about to the point of tears because something has gone wrong with my HDDs in my computer. I spent literal hours trying to figure out how to fix them, to no avail. Some sort of I/O error that's preventing my mechanical HDDs from working properly; one of them I can't seem to write to, and the other refuses to show up as an available drive even though it's registering as a connected piece of hardware. I even dragged my beau out of bed in the wee hours of the morning (around 3 or 4 AM) to help me open up my case and see if it was a loose connection or something, and then I spent an age trying to find information online and trying, like, a dozen different suggestions. I suppose I should just be thankful most of my REALLY important stuff (my OS, FFXIV, a few applications I can't function without) is on my SSD, and my SSD is still functioning as normal. Plus most of my music and important personal files are backed up on an ancient external drive, so I won't lose much of that stuff. I will lose the majority of my downloaded images, though, and that's a shame, though I can probably find all of them again if I'm willing to trawl the deeps of the site I know they all originated from. So, again, not a HUGE setback, but it's SUPER frustrating, especially if my main HDD died like I suspect it did, I'm going to have to shell out to replace the thing. =w=;
EDIT: And just now when I was off to the site of my preferred retailer to do some pricing research, their site is down. Just my luck. emotion_zombie

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:13 am
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

Glad she doesn't excited pee EVERY time! (It does get very tiring, very fast, to have to clean up if they' pee every time they're excited.)

I... have so many questions about the chihuahua owner. Like, does he forget to feed himself, too?? Because that's the only way I would ever forget to feed a pet. 'cause it's just like, if I'm hungry or thirsty or whatever, than the animal probably is, too, so... Just, so confused why someone who apparently can't handle a responsibility like that would even decide to have a pet.

Ohh, boy, that's a doozy of a meltdown there. If a child had done that with me around, they'd have been in SO much trouble. Like, no TV for anyone, we're having quiet time kind of trouble.

Wait, you have to do all of the dishes? None of your visitors offer to take turns doing them with you or anything? If so, that's messed up! They're adults and should really be doing better than that. Have to admit we don't wash our bedding very often, though. cat_sweatdrop We have to go to the laundromat for all our wash, and it's too expensive to wash all my blankets and our down comforter very often. So all my blankets are COVERED in hair. (Not that washing really helps much with that, the dryers at our laundromat are garbage at getting fur off fabrics.)

Today, I'm about to the point of tears because something has gone wrong with my HDDs in my computer. I spent literal hours trying to figure out how to fix them, to no avail. Some sort of I/O error that's preventing my mechanical HDDs from working properly; one of them I can't seem to write to, and the other refuses to show up as an available drive even though it's registering as a connected piece of hardware. I even dragged my beau out of bed in the wee hours of the morning (around 3 or 4 AM) to help me open up my case and see if it was a loose connection or something, and then I spent an age trying to find information online and trying, like, a dozen different suggestions. I suppose I should just be thankful most of my REALLY important stuff (my OS, FFXIV, a few applications I can't function without) is on my SSD, and my SSD is still functioning as normal. Plus most of my music and important personal files are backed up on an ancient external drive, so I won't lose much of that stuff. I will lose the majority of my downloaded images, though, and that's a shame, though I can probably find all of them again if I'm willing to trawl the deeps of the site I know they all originated from. So, again, not a HUGE setback, but it's SUPER frustrating, especially if my main HDD died like I suspect it did, I'm going to have to shell out to replace the thing. =w=;
EDIT: And just now when I was off to the site of my preferred retailer to do some pricing research, their site is down. Just my luck. emotion_zombie

Aye Val is a good girl for a young pup all the same and we all do love her, but sadly she has to understand the signs of when and when not to play still. sweatdrop

Honestly he manages to feed himself somehow though it's extremely poorly as we're talking he'll eat a small amount of potato chips mixed with any food anyone else fixes up for the day that's for all in the household around us. He has gotten better at feeding his dog himself some more when over here, but the cleaning up after her is still quite poorly.

You're going to join all of us homeowners here in the OMG team; instead of them helping us themselves the adults being over here for so long are making their grounded kids help with dishes when they are not shoving their grounded kids into corners to keep them from getting into things. (which ironically includes our dishes they were told to grab up and ficking clean. xp )

That sounds like a really rough time I hope things get all fixed up soon for you. gonk
Thankfully you do have some things working out for you, even if it's not 100% what is wanted as it'd be preferable to have the HDDs working correctly all together along with your SSD.

Adding more tot he OMG team thing and why I said you may join us here in it, Aaron the five year old is also now grounded and expected to do al the same, Aaron only has six days now after today unless his stepdad extended it longer for grounded time as stupidly they're making the five year old sit in front of the TV facing away from the screen ot allowed to watch TV or touch anything. (One. Aaron is five and is just right in front of the TV so they failed stopping him from watching TV, Two. Aaron is five and touches everything he is close to so being right in front of the TV he'll touch the TV & the consoles used to stream the cartoons the other kids whom are not grounded are watching on, so you only made my stress of him having a tantrum a million times worse as he's sitting in the spot to mess with them.)
But we can't "argue" with Mike on this mistake for he'll have an anger episode in front of all the kids about how we're trying to tell him "how to raise his own gfd children" (his exact words.) and then leave the place all alone without his family as he's angry with the one person whom "called him out" only.

Like I get Mike is stressed about getting a home for them all, but gfd nobody is being 110% against him as he goes thinking a lot of times & his bad mood is putting everyone else in bad moods tbh. (each time he has yelled about how he's going to just leave I was 75% ready to be the calm voice tone of saying "okay then just ******** go already and stop giving the children here more trauma they'll recall when they're older and drinking their issues you caused with all your shouting around like a headless c**k."
I know with that said I can be seen only as an a**, but when my buttons are mashed into it as I have dealt with a step mom and some high school teachers both in my childhood shouting all the time at me in my past about me being worthless, a failure, a delinquent cause of my blood/main hand/friends, about how I'd be better off being dead than alive & finally how I'll never amount to jack s**t cause I'm a retarded worthless unwanted troublesome piece of s**t brat that's own mother died so early cause she didn't want to deal/be with me... Most loud as loud gets shouting boils those memories to the surface of mine and makes me get uncomfortable while also making me turn back into that old smart a** delinquent I was never at first but became cause of those angry shouters of all that at me. But really and horribly anything being against me/others I love and respect that involves shouts or insults and worse of all shouted insults makes me the delinquent beast I've became in the past with them doing all that to me.)

{only upside is now I don't as much result in swinging my fist into a face with no thought or care unless it's really bad off, and the really bad off has never happened yet. Although it has come pretty close a lot of times with Mike's shouting and idk & idc why. I just know I'd prefer him not shouting anymore as to avoid doing that possibly, but also to not have anxiety attacks.}  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:26 am
Tobi Kaito
Aye Val is a good girl for a young pup all the same and we all do love her, but sadly she has to understand the signs of when and when not to play still. sweatdrop

Honestly he manages to feed himself somehow though it's extremely poorly as we're talking he'll eat a small amount of potato chips mixed with any food anyone else fixes up for the day that's for all in the household around us. He has gotten better at feeding his dog himself some more when over here, but the cleaning up after her is still quite poorly.

You're going to join all of us homeowners here in the OMG team; instead of them helping us themselves the adults being over here for so long are making their grounded kids help with dishes when they are not shoving their grounded kids into corners to keep them from getting into things. (which ironically includes our dishes they were told to grab up and ficking clean. xp )

That sounds like a really rough time I hope things get all fixed up soon for you. gonk
Thankfully you do have some things working out for you, even if it's not 100% what is wanted as it'd be preferable to have the HDDs working correctly all together along with your SSD.

Adding more tot he OMG team thing and why I said you may join us here in it, Aaron the five year old is also now grounded and expected to do al the same, Aaron only has six days now after today unless his stepdad extended it longer for grounded time as stupidly they're making the five year old sit in front of the TV facing away from the screen ot allowed to watch TV or touch anything. (One. Aaron is five and is just right in front of the TV so they failed stopping him from watching TV, Two. Aaron is five and touches everything he is close to so being right in front of the TV he'll touch the TV & the consoles used to stream the cartoons the other kids whom are not grounded are watching on, so you only made my stress of him having a tantrum a million times worse as he's sitting in the spot to mess with them.)
But we can't "argue" with Mike on this mistake for he'll have an anger episode in front of all the kids about how we're trying to tell him "how to raise his own gfd children" (his exact words.) and then leave the place all alone without his family as he's angry with the one person whom "called him out" only.

Like I get Mike is stressed about getting a home for them all, but gfd nobody is being 110% against him as he goes thinking a lot of times & his bad mood is putting everyone else in bad moods tbh. (each time he has yelled about how he's going to just leave I was 75% ready to be the calm voice tone of saying "okay then just ******** go already and stop giving the children here more trauma they'll recall when they're older and drinking their issues you caused with all your shouting around like a headless c**k."
I know with that said I can be seen only as an a**, but when my buttons are mashed into it as I have dealt with a step mom and some high school teachers both in my childhood shouting all the time at me in my past about me being worthless, a failure, a delinquent cause of my blood/main hand/friends, about how I'd be better off being dead than alive & finally how I'll never amount to jack s**t cause I'm a retarded worthless unwanted troublesome piece of s**t brat that's own mother died so early cause she didn't want to deal/be with me... Most loud as loud gets shouting boils those memories to the surface of mine and makes me get uncomfortable while also making me turn back into that old smart a** delinquent I was never at first but became cause of those angry shouters of all that at me. But really and horribly anything being against me/others I love and respect that involves shouts or insults and worse of all shouted insults makes me the delinquent beast I've became in the past with them doing all that to me.)

{only upside is now I don't as much result in swinging my fist into a face with no thought or care unless it's really bad off, and the really bad off has never happened yet. Although it has come pretty close a lot of times with Mike's shouting and idk & idc why. I just know I'd prefer him not shouting anymore as to avoid doing that possibly, but also to not have anxiety attacks.}

Hopefully since she's still little, she'll learn that eventually. Have to expect young pups to be a LITTLE troublesome, after all.

Well, I suppose getting better at giving her the necessities is a step in the right direction, at least. Though there is, clearly, a lot of room for improvement in many other regards.

Oh yeah, I'll join that team, for sure. Like, it's just common sense to help out when you're a guest contributing to the load of necessary chores. And I may be a bit common sense poor, but even I know that basic rule. As to making the kids wash their dishes... Get them to do chores, sure, A+ to that, but for the love of all that is good, supervise them and help them. I have enough trouble washing full-size pots and pans as a grown-a** adult, so I certainly wouldn't be leaving children to wash EVERYTHING all on their own.

Heh, yeah, it's been... a whole ordeal. I'm extra angry because I JUST upgraded my GPU before this happened. But I've already done some market research; the retailer I prefer hasn't fixed their site yet, so I had to resort to Best Buy, but research is research. Turns out SSDs have gotten WAY cheaper since I got my little 250GB drive to hold my OS and the BIG apps that I wanted to read from storage faster, so I should be able to maintain capacity for less than $150, or even upgrade to 4TB for less than $250. Not that I really NEED that much storage, 2TB has been MORE than enough for all of my stuff for years, but it's still nice to know my options. And I was only looking at SATA interface, since I think my mechanical HDDs are both PCIe, and it is entirely possible that something has gone bad with the cables. This will cut back a bit on the amount of power needed for my storage, too, since SSDs are more energy efficient. I'm not particularly happy about needing to replace things, but, well, if I'm going to need to do it anyway, I might as well get something BETTER, right?

He grounded a five year old child?? That's, honestly, absurd. Kids at that age can't really correlate extended punishments like that to something they did DAYS ago, their brains simply haven't reached that point in development. And to make the punishment something that puts him right next to temptation? It'll never work. Like, a better punishment would be to make him go to another room where he only has physical toys to play with or something. It gets the point across, and maybe even reinforces that the television is not the be-all-end-all of entertainment. Though, what do I know, my only children are cats, which is basically like having perpetual toddlers in the house.

Not gonna lie, Mike sounds like a GIANT red flag of a person. Yelling at people never solves anything, and ESPECIALLY if the receiving end is a child. It is ALWAYS better to talk it out with children. Explain why what they did was wrong, let them ask questions, reinforce with positives, offer alternatives to destructive actions. And of course, only give punishments that fit the action AND the developmental age of the child. You can't just toss young kids in time out for however long you want, they only have the attention span for so many minutes (at age five, I believe five minutes is the appropriate limit). And perhaps most importantly, after punishment has been meted out and served, ALWAYS reinforce that they're loved. Like, it can not be understated how important it is to tell kids they're loved and cared for.

Also, 100%, I WOULD be the person to tell him to farking leave after making the threat. Like, he's clearly not making things better, so it can't get much worse with him out of the picture. At the very least I'd be telling him to take it outside until can calm the ******** down and have a conversation like a civilized human being. (So, uh, if that makes a person an a**, I guess I'll join the club with you. We should get jackets made for it. cat_razz ) And absolutely you should NOT have to deal with him shouting if it makes you uncomfortable. He shouldn't even be shouting in the first place. Normally I'd say try to have a conversation about whatever thing makes you uncomfortable with the person doing it, but clearly holding a simple civil conversation like that is beyond his abilities. Which is so absurd, NO ONE should make you feel uncomfortable in your own home, NO ONE. I think everyone deserves at least that much, and you and your fam certainly deserve far better than his bs.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:09 am
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:35 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is so my cats.
I swear they're semi-liquids, because even when, logically, they clearly have more volume than a box can contain, they somehow just... melt into the box anyway.
Also, I have more than a few puzzles whose boxes I've had to mend because my chonky bois have exploded them from laying inside them. =w=;
Cat beds? Yeah, I have those. *gestures to the open halves of the box to the current puzzle I am working on completing*
And I HAVE to keep puzzle boxes in the floor for my cats or they will literally riot.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:04 pm
Queen Spazzy
Tobi Kaito

Hopefully since she's still little, she'll learn that eventually. Have to expect young pups to be a LITTLE troublesome, after all.

Well, I suppose getting better at giving her the necessities is a step in the right direction, at least. Though there is, clearly, a lot of room for improvement in many other regards.

Oh yeah, I'll join that team, for sure. Like, it's just common sense to help out when you're a guest contributing to the load of necessary chores. And I may be a bit common sense poor, but even I know that basic rule. As to making the kids wash their dishes... Get them to do chores, sure, A+ to that, but for the love of all that is good, supervise them and help them. I have enough trouble washing full-size pots and pans as a grown-a** adult, so I certainly wouldn't be leaving children to wash EVERYTHING all on their own.

Heh, yeah, it's been... a whole ordeal. I'm extra angry because I JUST upgraded my GPU before this happened. But I've already done some market research; the retailer I prefer hasn't fixed their site yet, so I had to resort to Best Buy, but research is research. Turns out SSDs have gotten WAY cheaper since I got my little 250GB drive to hold my OS and the BIG apps that I wanted to read from storage faster, so I should be able to maintain capacity for less than $150, or even upgrade to 4TB for less than $250. Not that I really NEED that much storage, 2TB has been MORE than enough for all of my stuff for years, but it's still nice to know my options. And I was only looking at SATA interface, since I think my mechanical HDDs are both PCIe, and it is entirely possible that something has gone bad with the cables. This will cut back a bit on the amount of power needed for my storage, too, since SSDs are more energy efficient. I'm not particularly happy about needing to replace things, but, well, if I'm going to need to do it anyway, I might as well get something BETTER, right?

He grounded a five year old child?? That's, honestly, absurd. Kids at that age can't really correlate extended punishments like that to something they did DAYS ago, their brains simply haven't reached that point in development. And to make the punishment something that puts him right next to temptation? It'll never work. Like, a better punishment would be to make him go to another room where he only has physical toys to play with or something. It gets the point across, and maybe even reinforces that the television is not the be-all-end-all of entertainment. Though, what do I know, my only children are cats, which is basically like having perpetual toddlers in the house.

Not gonna lie, Mike sounds like a GIANT red flag of a person. Yelling at people never solves anything, and ESPECIALLY if the receiving end is a child. It is ALWAYS better to talk it out with children. Explain why what they did was wrong, let them ask questions, reinforce with positives, offer alternatives to destructive actions. And of course, only give punishments that fit the action AND the developmental age of the child. You can't just toss young kids in time out for however long you want, they only have the attention span for so many minutes (at age five, I believe five minutes is the appropriate limit). And perhaps most importantly, after punishment has been meted out and served, ALWAYS reinforce that they're loved. Like, it can not be understated how important it is to tell kids they're loved and cared for.

Also, 100%, I WOULD be the person to tell him to farking leave after making the threat. Like, he's clearly not making things better, so it can't get much worse with him out of the picture. At the very least I'd be telling him to take it outside until can calm the ******** down and have a conversation like a civilized human being. (So, uh, if that makes a person an a**, I guess I'll join the club with you. We should get jackets made for it. cat_razz ) And absolutely you should NOT have to deal with him shouting if it makes you uncomfortable. He shouldn't even be shouting in the first place. Normally I'd say try to have a conversation about whatever thing makes you uncomfortable with the person doing it, but clearly holding a simple civil conversation like that is beyond his abilities. Which is so absurd, NO ONE should make you feel uncomfortable in your own home, NO ONE. I think everyone deserves at least that much, and you and your fam certainly deserve far better than his bs.

going to cut real short today it was hectic in fears & also decent as people talked out more than shouted a lot. (still had a lot of shouting.... but it was less which doesn't sound grand to be, but i'll take a pity trophy even when it comes down to mike talked some more than argued and shouted at people today.)

I think his baby my girl kicked in as the young eight year old got a nasty cut in her foot from broken glass todYay so she had to be ran into Er for some stitches & is on bed rest from playing as kids love to do normally so she's pouty not being able to run with her other siblings whom can play and run around. (you can take a guess what get's shouted at when I shared that info as anything/anyone bumps the bbay's ouchie they're yelled at, so I been shooting the kiddo my "I'm not avoiding you like plague even if it seems so but we both know daddy has anger issues we dislike.)

So overall we all worried for the baby both literal and for the 8 year old whom was cut by the broken glass, as we all looked over the kiddos and I went and cleaned up the glass like a pyscho (aka I cleaned and stayed in the bathroom were the broken glass was for a solid hour just to search for more to be extra sure it was gone,know I didn't need to but I did it.) Any way the kiddo is fine thankfully minus the whole bummed she can't really kid around, but she has many loving and caring family near her so she'll heal up in time and never feel unloved as we'll keep beside her long as she is here.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:11 am
Tobi Kaito

Eh, less shouting is still good, and pity trophies are still trophies.

No fun about the hurt kid, though! Not being able to run around at that age is just the absolute pits. Not to mention how hard it must be for the others not being able to play all together like normal. I'm sure she'll heal quickly enough, though. Goodness knows one of my younger cousins did when he sliced his leg open with a machete one summer. =w=; (Kids will be kids, right?)

Don't blame you for spending so much time making sure all the glass was cleaned up, though. Leaving behind even one tiny sliver can become quite the nuisance later. (I say from experience, having had to dig a bit of glass no more than 3mm diameter from my beau's foot after he stepped on it. He left a literal trail of blood from the kitchen to the bathroom before finally deciding to call on me for help. Good thing I have steady hands and am skilled with a needle.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Uchi-Michi

Mind-boggling Conversationalist

20,840 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:54 pm
User Image
Queen Spazzy
Uchi-Michi

User Image
Oh! Hello! Thanks for stopping by my little corner of Gaia~
Been a while since I've had a new visitor, haha~
How are you doing? blaugh User Image

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 369 370 371 372 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games