Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3558 3559 3560 3561 3562 3563 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

the whole nine yards

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:16 pm
@ magni - Haha, yeah, same here. You're on EST too, right?

@ frost - Pfft, guilt is for those who don't understand the brilliant complexities of intent. wink Enjoy that chocolate, and enjoy the sweet bliss of knowing that right now, somewhere in the world, there is a person depriving themself of alcohol and chocolate... and you're not that person. ...ALSO WHY ARE YOU A TIME-TRAVELER >: THIS IS NOT FAIR

@ arcana - Welcome, fellow guild-newbie! C: Gaia's a pretty fun place, especially for roleplayers, so I bet you'll enjoy it.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:32 pm
Time travelers? In MY Refuge?!

Celebrated the new year by using half my box of tissues and drinking two cups of lemon tea liberally dosed with honey, and by watching the new Star Trek movie. Saw it in theaters, but I have to start the new year off right, by nerding out, you know? :3

PS Welcome new kids!  

Cobalt

the whole nine yards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:55 am
It's more likely than you'd think!

I know exactly. I celebrated by watching Live from Lincoln Center on PBS, which is probably somewhere in the same plane of nerdiness. c:

Ah, I actually saw that movie recently at school, which kind of negates the awesomeness, lol. I never realized how cool sci-fi could be. *A* Hope you start feeling better soon -- it sounds like you have something nasty.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:35 pm
I dun wanna go to work on the morrow. . . . not only is it a**-early, but we are forecast to get anywhere between 6 and 12 inches of snow in the next 36 hours. crying  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Cobalt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:57 am
I HATE HATE HATE driving in snow. :< All the idiots in their SUVs and trucks who think they can go 40mph cause they have a big car when I'm going 15 because I'm sliding around a bit on the roads.... and then they tail you, instead of changing lanes to pass you... urrgghhh, that pisses me off the most, when they drive on your butt precisely when that's the least safe thing to do. scream I drive 20-25 minutes to work on a normal day, but when it's snowy and the roads aren't plowed well it can easily take me 45 minutes to get home, and like last night, I was shaking when I finally arrived because I was so stressed about my own driving and everyone else's. gonk

I love snow because it looks pretty and because snowball fights and sledding are fun, but I really really hate driving in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:45 pm
I don't particularly relish the idea of driving in snow, but living in Central Pennsylvania, I have little choice. sweatdrop  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Skunk Blossoms

Alien Aura

7,975 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Budding Witch 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:47 pm
Oi, same here! Central New York is horrible in winter D;  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:04 pm
Same here - I live in NE Ohio, and we get lake effect snow from Lake Erie all the time, wet, sticky snow that can come down fast and thick. It just seems like the last couple of years they haven't been plowing as well as they used to. I know last year they were talking about the salt shortages - whether or not that was true, it shouldn't have affected plowing.... was budgeting that tight that they threatened public safety by skimping on plowing their roads? Maybe I just don't remember that well, and it's always been this bad. Ugh. I just bought new tires last February, and they sure don't seem new now.

Sorry for Grumpy Cobalt today. *bakes cookies*  

Cobalt

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:34 am
OMG They named a Road after me in Air Gear! Mikan sure seems a whole lot cuter to me now. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:33 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHUhygdAZIw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRbLJ2GEtns

WATCH and enjoy the AWESOME!

That's right, I just sent my first spam. Forgive me.  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:40 pm
I'm in Connecticut, so driving in snow is a must, but I dont mind it too much.

I almost forgot: Happy New Year! biggrin

That new moview looks pretty cool, Magni. I might go see it when it comes out.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:26 pm
I may just enjoy that with my kids. Or myself. Or both. Several times. I am so psyched about this movie!  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

itsalloverbyebye

1,350 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:37 pm
Erm.. Hia? Teehee...

I just got accepted today about 2 hours ago..

And I have to agree, driving and snow.. not the best combination there. And I only have my permit at the moment.

If you must know, I'm fifteen, turning sixteen in march. On the seventh to be exact.

I look forward to roleplaying with you guys. =]  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:36 am
Welcome, Angel-Savy!
Your birthday is a day after mine, though I'll be turning twenty. smile  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

DarkScarlettVixen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:02 am
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=77

Vgcats.com, ladies and gentlemen  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3558 3559 3560 3561 3562 3563 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games