Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3570 3571 3572 3573 3574 3575 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Lost_Realms

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:25 pm

*ish trying to make a setting for a steam punk space futuristic whatever else there is genre*

So.. what do you guys think of this so far? Suggestions? XP

Among us people on the Earth, there is something in space that we call the North Star. Polaris, the Pole Star is the North Star and is a star on the constellation we call the Little Dipper. Throughout Earthian history, Polaris has been a constant guiding factor in navigation. But Polaris is not meant to be the only North Star.

A billion or so galaxies away or maybe in a completely alternate universe, a North Star once existed, but has mysteriously disappeared. Apparently, this North star not only served as a navigational sign, but also had enough energy to effect the orbit of the objects around it. Officers of the Galactic guard have been sent to figure out what happened. But they aren't alone. Private detectives, scientists, and others have also been hired or are interested in the situation.

The universal Galactic Guard deals with maintaining order in the galaxy. In a way, they are similar to an interspace government. They serve the police force that deals with interplanetary travel and also put into effect regulations for space travel in safety. As such, the Galactic Guard organization is as massive undertaking.

So, when the North Star disappeared, they had to become involved.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 pm

Greetings everyone!
My name is Celestine, and I'm new both to this guild and Gaia as a whole. I've been in the guild for almost a day now, and Gaia for a little over two days.
...And clearly I'm still very new to introducing myself in this context, so that's all I can think of. mrgreen

-Little Niankh-

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Wooooooooooow *gluggles all new ppls xp *
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:24 am

@ Lise - It sounds interesting but steam in space? (>O.o)> Based on your settings, I would think that space travel would have reached a magnitude way beyond steam at that point. Space travel by means of anti-matter, dark matter, wormholes, and such would theoretically be more efficient and possible at such levels. However, you know I'm always for twists and turns and such, so maybe you can make the concept work. You might get some inspiration from Dr. Michio Kaku and his works. How do I know of him? The History and Science channels. Heh...

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

Water_Dragon_Rai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:02 am

So my life has gone to hell in a matter of days. I can't get my textbooks because the bookstore has been closed due to a poweroutage for days now. I have to use my little free time at school doing homework. Which is one of the causes of my inactivity. My internet at my house is not working. I have to use the school library, which is this whole big mess. I will probably not be on alot until that is fixed. Sorry guys!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:22 am

Ouch . . . sorry Rai. I know what that is like.

As per the steampunk, I am hardly an official for such a subject. I wish you luck, but space travel seems too advanced for brass and steam. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:07 pm

I agree with Magni and yet....the whole point of fantasy genres is to bend the rules of the real world. Sounds intriguing.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:20 pm

Okees.. Yeah, true. sweatdrop

But what if the North Star were on a steampunk style world? XP

The Galactic Guard peoples would have to try their best to blend in, and then the world's people might catch wind of it end up being involved?

Lise Illumincroix

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:53 pm

@ Lise - I guess if it were a steampunk world to begin with, it could work.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:08 pm

it does sound interesting

AlwynRowanwind

blue-alien

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:49 pm

Arrgh!

sorry for not being active for the past few months, Trying to get though school the best way I can, I'm having my finals tomorrow and I'm cramming like crazy, so yeah, after next week I'll post here again, along with a couple of ideas.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:36 am

I got distracted by work and blogs and WoW. I think I'll start getting back into the RPs that I have that are still alive. XD Haven't checked yet though, to see which ones.

So sorry for not being around. ^^;

Panpear

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:41 am

WoW is rather evil . . . stealing away so many of my friends . . .

And do we really need yet another RIG?! gonk  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:14 am

im new here and i hope to enjoy a good RP here

Thesmashinggentleman

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:17 am

*Does the welcome dance from the ceiling*

Welcome, have fun, post lots, make friends, make gold, spend gold and jazz.
And most importantly have fun.
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3570 3571 3572 3573 3574 3575 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games