Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 3597 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:16 am
That's not a book from my childhood. Unfortunately, us Scots didn't get Bunnicula. We got something boring to read instead. i can't even remember what it was. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:46 pm
Can one of the guild moderators move the "School of Pranks" roleplay to the Archive? Thanks.  

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:48 pm
Electric Kool-Aid
My fish died. *Sigh* ah well.

NOOOOOO!!! I'm sorry to hear that. I'm a fish owner myself, and an enthusiast of aquatic life in general. 29 gal tropical freshwater is what I have. What kind of fish was it? Did it die of old age?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:44 pm
Lol, it was a gaia fish. And now I make no money off of it.
I'm in a dorm and they don't let us have ANY pets (fish included) which is very silly in my opinion. So I have an aloe plant instead.

I've had a couple betta in the past and a feeder goldfish named "Blubber" who lived alone and sad in a 10 gal. tank for far longer than we'd ever assumed he would.

What kind of fish do you have?

Electric Kool-Aid

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:57 pm
I have five cats and now two frogs . . . cool  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:21 am
@ EKA - Ohh, I see, but I guess it was still old age. No pets whatsoever? I know some colleges let people own at least a 10 gal or less aquarium, but to not be allowed to have one at all is a bit of a downer. Aloe plant, eh? I used to have lucky bamboo, but it died.

Bettas are quite popular although I've never owned one. At least you didn't put Blubber in a fishbowl. I've always discouraged the use of fishbowls since entering the hobby as they have limited space, filtration, aeration, and such. There are exceptions... very few.

My fish?

4 Black Skirt Tetras
5 Serpae Tetras
3 Neon Tetras
4 Green Glolite Danios
3 Albino Corys
1 Gold Weather Loach
1 Pepper Weather Loach

@ Magnus - That's a lot of cats. I had two frogs myself several years ago. They were African Dwarf Frogs. They never grew more than around two inches and stayed submerged for nearly the whole day. They got along real well with the fish.  

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:43 pm
Pet discussion?

Two cats and a dog. They're my furry children, as I am not ready to have the slightly less hairy kind. But I likes fish! I grew up with many fish, I would cry when they died >_< lol...I was a child!

razz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:06 pm
I has three cats. one is senile and decrepit, one is gigantic and one has no tail.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:00 pm
I've got a fat cat and a garden panther (not really, just a black cat). They can't stand each other. xd
Oh, and a senile dog that just wanders onto the road. It'll be the deth of him one day.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:35 pm
If I could afford it I would have a kitty. My current roommate is allergic though, and I really just don't have the time. Also I'm away from home too much, poor thing would be home on its own :< Oh well, someday....  

Cobalt

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:44 pm
I adore my kitties, and the frogs are indeed African Dwarf Frogs. Came in a small enclosure, a mini environment. It contains a bamboo shoot for oxygen, special gravel for nitrates, the frogs to process oxygen into CO2, and all they require is food twice a week. A nice little aquarium for $30.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:03 am
Wryyyyyyyy so dead around here anymore?!  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:10 am
Blame it on communism Magni.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:11 pm
@Degenerate: My brother used to have a dojo and one of our Japanese exchange students kept telling us how tasty he'd be if we'd eat him. 0.o

At home I have two kitties (Tsuki and Kiki (named LOOOONG before Gaia ever came into my life)). I'm currently trying to convince my boyfriend that rottweilers are cute and fluffy and that we should get one by sending him only pictures of adorable puppies. He's amenable but I'm not sure that he knows they get big (and cuter!)  

Electric Kool-Aid

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:21 pm
Alexander Magnus
I adore my kitties, and the frogs are indeed African Dwarf Frogs. Came in a small enclosure, a mini environment. It contains a bamboo shoot for oxygen, special gravel for nitrates, the frogs to process oxygen into CO2, and all they require is food twice a week. A nice little aquarium for $30.

Ooh, what a coincidence. Your setup sounds nice. I hope you have fun with them. What do you feed them? I used to feed mine bloodworms back in the day. Had to be patient though as it sometimes took a while for them to sense them. Sometimes I fed them by hand which led to them biting my finger, but it didn't hurt.

@ EKA - Ah, so you've seen a weather/dojo loach before! Aren't they awesome? They have quite the jovial personalities, and make for an interesting addition to any aquarium. You know, I actually did hear they taste good, but those of course are the wild ones and not the ones in a pet store.

Well, if you get a rottweiler soon, I hope they get along well with your kitties!

Looks like there are lots of cat owners here based on the posts I've read. Hope everyone's enjoying their pets though!  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 3597 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games