Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
does it make you a noob if... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

UmbraGallus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:43 am
Yes, they all have distinguishable differences and the titles on the case. razz 2 and 3 i might understand if you don't pay attention to the title screen but what are the odds of that? 1/8192? I doubt it.

Does it make you a noob if you buy nothing but Resident evil souveniers including some of 5?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:14 am
In Umbrella We Trust
2 and 3 i might understand if you don't pay attention to the title screen

2 and 3 are like, completely different though? =p

Anyway, no, that probably makes you a super fan.

Does it make you a noob if Sheva has become on of your favorite characters?  

FoxyAreku

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:08 pm
Hell yes. Unless EVERYONE'S your favorite character. Cause people shouldn't have more than 3 favorite characters, otherwise, they're not really FAVORITE, are they? And if Sheva's in your top 3... Well, let's just say, the ONLY way that doesn't make you a noob is if she entered your top 3 because you acknowledge the fact that characters like Leon, Chris, Claire, Wesker and Jill have been completely butchered and you hate them now, so in comparison, Sheva isn't so bad.
But even still, there's Billy, Carlos and Rebecca who haven't been butchered as of yet. So more likely than not, yes, you're a noob if Sheva's one of your favorites.

Does it make you a noob if you don't replay all the good RE games you have on a regular basis?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:08 pm
LOL. Guess I'm a noob then. Cindy, Sheva, and Billy FTW. Three most interesting characters the series has. heart

And no that doesn't, just means you have lots of other games you enjoy.

Does it make you a noob if you think Nemesis is chinese?  

FoxyAreku

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:48 pm
Um, explain to me how Chris and Claire's characters have been butchered. I mean, aside from the new, "stylin'" haircut and the grotesquely bulging biceps, he's pretty much the same ol' Chris: Joe Good Guy. And Claire? What have they done with Claire? Besides push her off into the sidelines in that CG movie so Leon could have a love interest.

And, umm... yeah, I guess.

Does it make you a n00b if if you think the main character in RE: Survivor is Vincent?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:17 pm
Sorry can't answer since I haven't played it yet.  

Alkaizer87

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:29 pm
Alkaizer87
Sorry can't answer since I haven't played it yet.

(A quick trip to wikipedia would of given you the information you needed to answer wink )

Yes, it does. For that game anyway.

Does it make you a noob if you think Dead Rising is canon to the series?  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:08 pm
Well, yes, turning Chris into the Incredible Hulk kinda does ruin his character. I mean, Capcom's riding the coattails of all the latest (and LAMEST) trends. Back in 2004 it was skinny prettyboys, with the emo culture: LEON!
Now, it's exceedingly burly commandoes. We don't need another Marcus Fenix, which is what Chris is in RE5.
And yes, that DID ruin Claire. They basically turned her into a damn midwife. Why? So that LEON could show off more moves for the nooblet fangirls. That, and they gave Claire that ugly Val Kilmer upper lip. *gag*

Dead Rising? Umm, yeah I'd say so. As much as it would make you a noob to assume that Assassin's Creed is in the same canon as the Prince of Persia franchise. Just because they're made by the same company and share some similarities... That's like assuming that Contra and Metal Gear are in the same canon because both involve soldiers fighting giant robots.

Does it make you a noob if you don't know what year RE1 was released?  

Biohazard EXTREME

NotteRequiem
Crew

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 am
Yes. Especially if you think it was 1998.

Does it make you a noob if you think Jack Krauser will come back from the dead and save the series?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:03 am
Yes. He might come back from the dead, it wouldn't surprise me, but the series is WAY too far gone beyond saving.

Does it make you a noob if you wish RE games had bonus costumes of Street Fighter characters?  

Biohazard EXTREME

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:43 pm
Well, I guess you have a point as far as the Chris thing goes. Aesthetically, the inspiration from Gears of War can't be denied. But I wouldn't say that butchers his character. It's quite possible that Chris could have buffed up. It's not out of the realm of possibility or anything. And yeah, they did make Claire a lot weaker than they should have in Degeneration, but pushing her off to the sidelines undermines her character more than it butchers it. It's not like the 180 they pulled with Leon's character. I mean, I'd expect him to have toughened up quite a bit after RE2, but not... well, it's a dead horse.

And no, not necessarily. Only if you pay for them via a download pack or something like that.

Does it make you a n00b if you just threw your Tyrant action figure in the garbage?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:13 pm
Well, butcher is a general term. I guess when talking about Chris and Claire, a more accurate statement would be that they made them lame.  

Biohazard EXTREME

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:14 pm
That wouldn't make you a noob, really. Just a terrible person in general. sad

Does it make you a noob if you think Umbrella is a clothing company?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:09 pm
Yes, but it would be cool if they were.

I'm gonna break from the game temporarily to steer it in a different direction. I'm assuming most people in the guild don't consider themselves noobs. So, let's all share our noob moments. Name an occasion pertaining to Resident Evil when you caught yourself in a "OMG! I can't believe I thought/said/didn't know that! I'm such a noob."
As an added bonus, comment on the noob moment above you.  

Biohazard EXTREME

FoxyAreku

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:13 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yes, but it would be cool if they were.

I'm gonna break from the game temporarily to steer it in a different direction. I'm assuming most people in the guild don't consider themselves noobs. So, let's all share our noob moments. Name an occasion pertaining to Resident Evil when you caught yourself in a "OMG! I can't believe I thought/said/didn't know that! I'm such a noob."
As an added bonus, comment on the noob moment above you.

Dunno if it's technically a noob moment, but it scared the crap out of me the first time I got hit by the zombie that comes out of the elevator on the hive, on the second floor. I had played that level at least 30 times before that and never seen it happen on the second floor before. XD  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff