Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
What could ruin Resident Evil? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Could Resident Evil ever be ruined?
  Yes
  Never
  Resident Evil 4
  Resident Evil Movies
  Other reason
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:00 pm
Mr. Kennedy
You say he was a fan of RE4 AND the films? I can't decide if that's good or bad.

Yeah I've been meaning to check it out since the teaser was first released.
Well, if you're not totally repulsed just by thinking about RE4, you might enjoy it. I couldn't watch 11 minutes of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:07 pm
Seriously? Well normal T-Virus zombies are in it right? What's the problem?

Oh, Leon must leaped off some walls into a crowd of zombies and murdered them all or something then.  

Mr. Kennedy

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:44 pm
Revy_TwoGun
Actually the movies are based on the games just not the storyline.

Canas Renvall
As for the movies, they can't/didn't ruin Resident Evil. They have nothing to do with the storyline of the games (like oh say, RE4), therefore they can't ruin the storyline of the games (like oh say, RE4).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:58 pm
I believe in some retrospect the movies did ruin the face of Resident Evil which also led to the demise of Resident Evil 4. The creative flow was so much altered as soon as the movies were in development. So, that's one main reason I think Capcom sold themselves out in the beginning. Too much new fan-base. evil  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:08 pm
Mr. Kennedy
Seriously? Well normal T-Virus zombies are in it right? What's the problem?

Oh, Leon must leaped off some walls into a crowd of zombies and murdered them all or something then.
Oh, I stopped watching it well before Leon even first appeared.
The writing was terrible, I mean, you got this big mean executive guy, the most stereotypical fat cat you've ever seen, and he actually says something like, "You call this coffee!?" That line has been used since the 1980's, and only in comedy, come on!
Claire turned out pretty ugly too, what's with her upper lip? Her lip's worse than Val Kilmer's.
And frankly, according to Canas, the movie does mention the events of RE4 to some extent, so it's a lost cause for me.

RE4 came out after Apocalypse, the movies were around long before Capcom sold themselves out. Don't blame Capcom's (well... Mikami's) dumb decisions on Paul Anderson, the man's retained what Resident Evil is truly about: Umbrella, Zombies, T-Virus. The fact that Alice takes up too much spotlight is a well worthy sacrifice. I'd rather watch Alice beat up zombies in an Umbrella base alone, than watch Jill, Chris, Leon, Claire, and every possible game character kill weird barbaric parasite people that are a part of a cult.

You'd think people in Africa would have grown to reject any evil parasites, what with the worm infested water they drink. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
I'm more talking since the beginning of the movies to the end result of Resident Evil 4. No offense to the movie goers of the series, but their complete crap. Action is all what it takes to get new fans to watch and get involved in the series. Like you said Bio, Capcom are becoming more of the trend than trend setters. That's my take on it without blowing it out of proportion.  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Thee Stranger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:24 pm
MM-212 Beta
I believe in some retrospect the movies did ruin the face of Resident Evil which also led to the demise of Resident Evil 4. The creative flow was so much altered as soon as the movies were in development. So, that's one main reason I think Capcom sold themselves out in the beginning. Too much new fan-base. evil

I agree wholeheartedly. And notice how they are now using a lot of the same stupid crap from the movies, such as the laser corridors and the 'Red Queen' Umbrella A.I. And doesn't the "Bird Lady" in RE5 bear a striking resemblance to the way that Alice was depicted in the last live-action movie? Oh my god, I just thought of something... the girl in the tube. eek I swear to god, if there are a bunch of Jill clones in RE5 -- if they ruin Jill's character by making her a knock off of that stupid a** Alice from those god-awful movies, I'll never forgive them. evil Alice sucked. She's a good reason why those movies ********' sucked.

Keep those pieces of s**t away from my games, Capcom. Thank you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:27 pm
I enjoyed Alice in the first film, but....yeah...  

MM-212 Beta
Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:28 pm
That laser hall was the best part of Umbrella Chronicles. Well, until Chris ruined it with a backflip.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:50 pm
Would you have enjoyed RE4 if they took it the direction of the supernatural route, with limited free control cameras and killer toys? I would've...s**t look scury!  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm
Stranger to Paradise
Would you have enjoyed RE4 if they took it the direction of the supernatural route, with limited free control cameras and killer toys? I would've...s**t look scury!
Just because it would've been scary, doesn't mean it would be the right direction to take. That's the problem, once you take Science Fiction and turn it into fantasy, you're completely destroying the artificial universe that you've already established.

If Capcom wanted to do something new, they should've just done something new, and not put a Resident Evil label on something that's lacking virtually any traces of what the series used to be. Toss a couple of familiar names in there and a 1 minute recap at the beginning and you're 'continuing the storyline.'  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:27 am
Biohazard EXTREME
AngelaAshford
Translation = he hated the story.
You're forgetting the over the top acrobatics, stupid monster designs, weapon upgrading and shopping in general, enemies dropping money, too much ammo, lack of horror, I could go on...

True....I guess somehow the gameplay to me was fun enough that I over looked a lot of it. Also I roped it under the possibility of them being afraid the games getting boring due to the similar gameplay over and over, thus tried new things. I tend to forgive sequals that do this alot lol sweatdrop  

Belbecat

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:55 am
Yeah, but that's like... If square changed Final Fantasy into a hack and slash instead of a classic turn-based RPG--... Oh wait, they did... Those idiots...

Imagine if Nintendo made Legend of Zelda a first person shooter just to keep it from getting boring. And made the setting like... Steampunk futuristic.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:43 am
Bio, I have been looking forward to a steam punk or futuristic setting for Zelda since I first got into the series in '95. Also, Link's Crossbow Training is just a shooter...I don't remember if it's First Person, but a shooter none the less. Another also, I recently obtained FFXII, and the new fighting mode is addicting, and I will admit that I want the past to be the past. Change is good. Remember who's the President now. I understand where you're coming from, but do you really think they'd turn Zelda into a FPS adventure? That's a hyperbole of the type of change that the Resident Evil series made. Plus, I will also admit I'm from the group of gamers who doesn't like to see repetitiveness from a long standing series. And when I say that, don't dare try to make a jab at Zelda's game play.  

King of Paradise

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:10 pm
Do I think they will turn Zelda into an FPS adventure?
Well, that's kinda like saying, "Do you think they'd turn Resident Evil into an RPG?" But surprise surprise! Enemies drop money, weapons are upgraded through a merchant, your max HP is increased throughout the game. It's an RPG.

Oh, and Link's Crossbow Training was pretty much a "Let's show off this new Wii Zapper" it's not like it's a full fledged Zelda game with an adventure, dungeons, bosses, etc. So it doesn't really count.

You know, there are some things in this world that need change. But that doesn't mean that we have to abandon EVERYTHING that we knew and loved. I like change as much as I like tradition. And there are certain things that you have to either keep the same, or abandon altogether.
I mean, imagine if next year, Christmas is celebrated without an evergreen tree, or Santa Claus, or christmas songs, and the only indication that it is indeed Christmas is that people exchange gifts. What kind of Christmas is that for a North American family?
So it's the same with Resident Evil, the only indication that it is Resident Evil is the nomenclature. The character and title names and vaguely appearances. That's it.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games