Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jessica Malatori

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:07 pm
Hi! I'm Jessica Malatori. I'm an avid member of various guilds, I love Gaia... I'm addicted to caffeine, I play tennis, and I am obsessed with History and Science.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:46 pm
I like your lab coat. biggrin  

Theophrastus

dr_nuby

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:43 am
I'm eric. 16, and an atheist. even though i dont have a religiouse affilation, i do enjoy learning about other religions (except when its forced on me) ... um, somtimes my mom cries when she asks why im not going to church and i have to tell again that i dont believe in god.

EDIT: it may take me a lil while to start posting and stuff, cause im currently battling off massive amounts of spyware  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:47 pm
I'm pretty much your [below?] average 17-year-old psychotic b*****d. Of course, that's only because the doctors diagnosed me with Type II Idiosyncrasy and I'm scheduled to spend 3 months in rehab for SDD (Social Dissension Disorder).

I've been in the guild for about two weeks now, and I probably should have introduced myself sooner, but as they say... better late than after the second coming of Christ.

I'm an atheist because I prefer reality over synthetic security. I'm not the type of person that lies to himself just to hang on to a comforting illusion. This is all there is, and sometimes that's just the way it is.

I think I'm going to like it here.  

Six Billion of Spades

Familiar Phantom

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:40 am
Welcome to the guild everyone! Hope to see you around and making lots of little topic and post babies. :0  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:09 pm
Hello all! This is my first post in the guild, and I'm very pleased to greet everyone in person (or rather, post).

I wrote a lengthy essay for my entry into the Guild, so I'm somewhat "talked-out" for the moment when it comes to introductions, but in gregarious spirit, I'll try to do so (though most of it will be a rehash).

My name (or rather online alias) is Cirosan. I don't share my real name because that's, frankly, irrelevant to me, because here it doesn't matter who you actually are. I've been an Athiest since age 10 or 11, I'm not 100% sure of the date. I am one because, for me, it is a question of logic. I could not accept answers to grand questions based solely on faith - particularly when such blind faith is very destructive. Thus, I accepted scientific answers instead, and in turn Atheism.

With that of course came discrimination and persecution, but that is one of the drawbacks. I applied to this Guild because I wanted to find acceptance in the very thing that exiled me in the first place.  

Cirosan

Dathu

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:43 pm
Cirosan
Hello all! This is my first post in the guild, and I'm very pleased to greet everyone in person (or rather, post).

I wrote a lengthy essay for my entry into the Guild, so I'm somewhat "talked-out" for the moment when it comes to introductions, but in gregarious spirit, I'll try to do so (though most of it will be a rehash).

My name (or rather online alias) is Cirosan. I don't share my real name because that's, frankly, irrelevant to me, because here it doesn't matter who you actually are. I've been an Athiest since age 10 or 11, I'm not 100% sure of the date. I am one because, for me, it is a question of logic. I could not accept answers to grand questions based solely on faith - particularly when such blind faith is very destructive. Thus, I accepted scientific answers instead, and in turn Atheism.

With that of course came discrimination and persecution, but that is one of the drawbacks. I applied to this Guild because I wanted to find acceptance in the very thing that exiled me in the first place.

Yeah, I'm the one who approved you so I had to read that little thesis. xd Glad to see you put some thought into it. It just kind-a felt like I was in a Atheist confessional. xd Welcome ta da Gield!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:01 pm
Dathu
Yeah, I'm the one who approved you so I had to read that little thesis. xd Glad to see you put some thought into it. It just kind-a felt like I was in a Atheist confessional. xd Welcome ta da Gield!

Yeah, sorry, I probably overdid it. Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Thank you for the warm welcome inta da Gield.  

Cirosan

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:47 pm
Welcome, freshlings. Let me introduce you to Dathu, our resident flesh-eater and baby-stealer.

I mean ...

Uh ...

... super nice guy.

Please don't strike me down, His Unholy Glory, Master Dathu!!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:49 am
;laughs;

Welcome all those who are new to the guild. It's nice to see all of you here, not post, post, post and post!

Sanguvixen

God of lunchboxes

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:53 pm
Konichiwa! ^.^ I just joined. Nice to meet all of you.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:58 pm
hello everyone im jacob and im 15 years old and i am agnostic  

flame skulls

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:19 pm
Shed-ra. Come out and play-ay!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:06 pm
Hello everyone biggrin

I'm looking forward to posting here, this seems to be realy intersting place.  

JakRandom

Nopenname

Beloved Prophet

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:49 pm
Hello, I'm Pen.

I'm a 25 year old female. I've been married for 7 years in August, and I have two young girls (3 1/2 and 1).

I started life out without any specific religious direction from my parents, my dad claims he's Lutheran (though he's never ever so much as been in a church for the 25 years I've known him) and mom is agnostic. I spent a little time as a Teenaged Witch and then got to college and exposed to a good liberal arts education and am now a true blue skeptic. I don't just don't believe god(s) exists I do not believe in anything metaphysical that can not be proven to me through empirical fact. AKA: A spoil sport. xd

I intend to raise my girls atheist not only with the knowledge that God does not exist but that it is not so much a belief as fact.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games