Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:40 pm

*gluggles Panpear* Most of us oldbies are well above the age of the average Gaian.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:54 pm

I act a lot older than a lot of Gaians, if that's any consolation.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:05 pm

i just noticed my previous post was in caps. whops lol. *gluggles all*
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:52 pm

I think I've always been older than most of gaians. But what can I say? Now that I'm out of school I feel more out of touch.

I guess talks of possibly buying houses can do that to a person.

Panpear

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:07 pm

I am more than double the age of the average Gaian, have a mortgage, car, wife, two kids, earning a college degree, and have a chronic back problem. You wanna talk old?!

Oh, and Yoder, you know that doesn't work, right? 4laugh

*goes over to the old fogey corner of the room with Panpear and takes a seat to comfort her*  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:16 am

Magnus, that just makes you hardcore. A good bunch of my friends happen to be adults I've met at cons who are in their 30s or so.

welian

Crew

Panpear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:06 am

Oh Talon, you've always been an old fogey. I'm just joining you now.

*dodges Talon's wrath*

I can totally see myself going to cons in the future. When I get to be 30. I wonder if I will be creepy then? XD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Oh, doesn't it, Alexander? *continues the crazy glare* pirate

*wishes he could join the old fogey corner, because the teenage corner is frightening him*

I've been to my state's Con twice and have seen plenty of older individuals and families. There's nothing inherently creepy about them, but seeing a lone 50-year-old dressed like Bobobo is unsettling.

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Yoder, I'm a teenager that's scared of the teen corner. I just want them to speak something other than moron. That's why I spend so much time floating to the ceiling.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:10 pm

eek ACTIVITY!!!!!

Eylios: At least I am now in the same category as I like my pron. ninja I've been around for a long time, long enough to know who I am, and what I want in the world. Kind of unsettling, and disappointing that it happened so late in life. Still, it is fun doing things with my kids that I enjoy. In fact, I got a few "like" tags in Facebook when I said that I enjoy playing Fallout 3 and other non-appropriate games with my 9yo sitting with me.

Panpear: Fair enough . . . no wrath for being honest! When I first got on the net, I was in a chat place and asked my age. They thought I was 60! I was only 18!!!! crying Not a big deal now. Evidently I sound just as old as I really am.

Snowman: You'd be surprised the things I might discern . . . You are welcome to visit me anytime in any corner, old friend. I'll shelter yah from the idjits.

Arctic: Teens are alright- it's the fads they get into that bug me.

-------------------------------------------------------

Never been to an anime con, but did go to Botcon once. Twas kinda disappointing, but would go again if the opportunity came along . . .  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:34 am

Speaking of inactivity, I suppose we could use a bit of an advertising spree.... Of course, it would help if Gaia DIDN'T EFF UP THE ANNOUNCEMENTS.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:53 am

Poor Talon. XD

Usually I get pegged as younger than I am, which is a little disconcerting. I think it's my mannerisms when I type (and speak, when it comes to my WoW guild). But when they ask how old I am and I say '23' (or now more recently, '24' XD), there's this silence followed by 'Oh'. Sometimes they follow that with something to the effect of 'I thought you were younger', but sometimes they just leave it there, making me wonder 'did they think I was older or younger?'

But since most people peg me as younger... *shrug*

Not that that's a bad thing. I know I'll start to get disappointed when they peg me as OLDER than I am.

Panpear

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:03 am

People think I'm older all the time. There's been, oh, six guys who I've met who've all thought I was 18 or so, even 20. I say I'm a junior and people think, "junior in college".

Neeeewp.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:38 pm

21 yrs old but i look like im 12 i get carded to go to the movies if u wanna see wat i look like give me a pm....

and im more of an everyone person ive always been more mature then my age so sometimes teens anoy me but i let it role off. personally i agree with arctic and the ceiling.

oh and i play wow tooo. i on the boulderfist server alliance.... toon name Sazariel guild.... the incredibles

AlwynRowanwind

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games