Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● OOC
Official OOC Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tragic lVlelody

Cuddly Puppy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:07 pm
Yummy Galaxxy

I actually won!? Yay! whee  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 pm
User Image

нαρρч вιяᴛнםαч ℓσ!

A total of five years ago, on October 12th 2014, we started this magical adventure of Soleil City together.

And so many things have been discovered! It's been an absolute treasure
making these memories with all of you by my side. New or old, veteran or not, I want to thank
you for taking the chance to be a part of this guild. It's absolutely outstanding knowing this
roleplay, my roleplay, has been cherished enough to keep going for five freaking years.

So to give you guys some of my perspective- Let me show you these crazy facts.
Because I'm not even kidding. Insane. You ready?

Total profiles gone through LO: 1,013
                - That averages to about 200 to 250 Gaians passing through the Guild.

Oldest profiles: Aubrey Clark and Tyrese Havens
                - Who also happen to have become a couple without any planning.

Total posts made: About 45,000.
                - 2,487 of which have been in the Beach forum alone.

It's only been 11 months in-RP.
                - In this time only ONE couple has attempted and made it to Love's Orchard.

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Lord Hedo

Combative Rogue

16,700 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Novice Striker 150
PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:42 pm
oOo Tragic Melody OoO
Yummy Galaxxy

I actually won!? Yay! whee

*Claps hands for you* Congratulations Melody! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:24 pm
User Image

We only had one entry for week 2...

So uh....

October 19th 12:00am Central
!

User Image

Congratulations!

We've sent over your prize of 50bil gold (or 5k plat)!

Falling Scattered Petals

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Falling Scattered Petals

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:00 pm
!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:13 pm
Chibi_kitty_101

Merrily Mari

Amrith-El

Plump a c o r n

momokonda

EchoMonroe

glitter_lola

Sofaking Adorabel

Sinberyl

Lazerous Binks

honeybadgerhannah

narxfang

Sven Bergfalk

Lyana_of_Valoria

Forks Anonymous

Artan Zuill

vader-lifer14

Eltheran

Sarria_Holyfire

Waffle King Richard

User Image

If you are being quoted here, that means you're up for deletion!

Hello, hello! We just wanted to give a friendly little shout out
to those on the LO chopping block that you have one week from now to make
a post or you will be removed from the guild! This is not through malice or
anything like that - and if you'd like to leave and come back when you have
more free time, you're more than welcome to! We do this monthly as a sort of
"activity" check. So if you'd like to get started on a character, please do that
now! And if you'd like extra time to stay in the guild but don't currently have
the time to make a character, simply either post below or let me know
personally. yum_puddi

Thanks and have a great day!

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:48 pm
User Image

It's time for the final spooky vote!

Take your vote in this OOC for your favorite Halloween outfit!
Just follow the numbers. yum_puddi

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxUser ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

User Image

October 30th 4:00pm Central
!

User Image

Congratulations!

We'll be in contact with you shortly for your prize!

oOo Tragic Melody OoO
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:31 pm
whiters4

oOo Tragic Melody OoO

Genkawolf

yo punny nut

Kurisuchin Saiyuki

asbloodrunscold

KawaiiYukiHime

AnnoyedPanda

xXGhostStalker

Katze Allemon-Schatten

Cho-Cho Twain

By Bi Blitz

Butterscotch Faerie Tales

Lord Hedo

ll Neo ll

AwkwardGirlhood

kotaro17

TenTenPrincess23

Rhun Tolihzeh

Amour1568

Remses

Yami Miyagawa

XxXZephyr_SkyXxX

Falling Scattered Petals

Fierro_Fenrir

Metal Mannequiin

Lady Lacey Fox

BlueEyedSuccubus

The-DJ-Ghost

tiny14xx2

Amethyst joe

LordJaxTheSadistic

evil little mousie

Spicy Cal

lightbbulb

Teuicui

Runic Spring

x Winter Bunny x

Klause Rammsteiner

Lyndranna

Princess_Tyranny

Yoon-Mi Lee

killer-wolf-kun

SapphireUmbra

The_Little_Rabbit

Elsa Amora

Ren Gray

POLL RESULTS

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Alright y'all so I'm just going to go ahead and
give some results cause I think we need to have a bit of a talk over this.

What we (the crew) already know:
              A lot of you took the time to write in your own answers. And we appreciate that! However, a lot of you also wrote things that we are very much aware of. So let me start off with this: We, as the crew, already know that real life comes first. We in no way expect you to put any guild writings/roleplaying before your real life first and foremost. Alright? So let's get that out of the way first. Everyone has things unexpectedly pop up into their life, everyone has prior plans that become a bit overwhelming at times, everyone just has things that come up. I feel like we've made that beyond clear but people, for some reason, seem to think they need to reinforce it like we don't. So since I'm quoting everyone in this post, there is no excuse to think we don't. This is exactly why we have something like an absence forum and why, previously, we've only required for people to post once a month.

Secondly, this is in no way intended to be harsh, but a lot of people need to take a long look at their roleplay styles. For the past several months we've developed a new 'trend' of people essentially ditching their roleplay partners until the last minute. Yes, this does not apply to all of you. And if you don't feel like it applies to you, then don't take it like it does! Those that know will understand who I'm talking to. But the point is, it takes 0 effort to let someone know that you've gotten busy and that you may need to prolong the RP exchange into the next day, stop to do it over PM/DM, or just talk out the interaction. Please keep people in your thoughts because saying "real life got in the way" can only be taken so many times. That's all we're asking. We're not telling you that you need to constantly keep up on plots (take a break every once in a while - that's fine!) but please don't make a bunch and then ditch them for other characters or "forget" to let someone know that something came up. It still hurts.

And to add to that: A lot of you have built up 4+ characters but only favor 2. It's fine to have a lot of characters (even if you're using a few as just side stories), but please keep in mind how often you're posting as certain characters and whether or not it's worth it to keep the others.

Now then! Let's get to the poll results and what we're going to do about them.

The Results:
              Unfortunately we only had about half of the active members respond to the poll, but! That still means that's half of the Guild's opinion. These results will show a total of 25 responses and any 'other' answers have been "divided" into 'yes' and 'no' areas for each question.

User Image
          How do you feel about the day change?:
              Leave it at 2 weeks: 48%
              Bump it to 3 weeks long: 40%
              Neutral: 12%

This one in particular is pretty self explanatory and starts off with how 50/50 this poll really was. Essentially, more of you seem to like it leaving the day at 2 weeks instead of 3, but honestly just barely. Because of this and other question answers (that we'll get to here in a minute), we're going to leave it at 2 weeks. Not only because of how long it takes- One RP week is equivalent to 3.5 months in real life, but also because no one seems to be that excited about moving it up to 3 weeks.

User Image
          Do you feel people post too slow nowadays?
              Yes: 44%
              No: 42%
              Neutral: 14%

This question's answers was probably the most ridiculous one of all. A lot of these answers, you'll notice the entire spectrum of colors between blue and red, could have dwelled down to either 'yes' or 'no'; so we divided them as such. For example, "We all have lives. People need to understand RP isn't life." was decided into 'no' while "Yes- but understandable in some cases.. and then since never respond or let the person their working with know" was decided into 'yes'. Though we did keep the few that were definitely neutral as neutral. In summary, again, it was split mostly in half with more people leaning towards the fact that yes, people are posting too slow nowadays. Which brings us to our next big-ish change in the next question.

User Image
          What if we required for people to post more often? Our current rule is that people only have to post once a month.
              More often: 58%
              Leave It: 40%
              Neutral: 2%

This was probably the only question that actually had a complete lean of an answer. Yes, we are very, very much aware that every guild has a requirement that's much more strict than LO's. Many of them require for people to post at least once a week. And what we would want to do, is bring our posting limit up to once every 2 weeks - meaning that we would require people to post once a day change with the absence forum we have on hand taken completely into consideration. However, because of the few amount of responses we got in comparison to how many people are included in this guild, we've decided we're going to up the posting requirement to once every 3 weeks. On top of this, we'll be privately keeping data to count how many people would be removed if we had decided on once every 2 weeks and around New Years (in 2 months), we will be either making more changes or running another poll.

This is not to intentionally hurt anybody. Because again, we understand that everyone has lives outside of the guild. So if you feel like something has/is coming up, feel more than welcome to post in our absence forum! It's been there since day one of the Guild being open. However, people lacking in following up with partners has become a bit of a problem and in order to fix that, we're taking the opportunity to buckle down on how many times people post.

User Image
          If you were to leave the Guild at this moment, what would be your reasoning for leaving?
              Wouldn't leave: 4.2%
              People take too long: 4.2%
              There isn't enough to do: 6.3%
              I don't have time anymore: 25%
              It's hard to find partners: 25%
              People are already in cliques: 35.5%

This one I wasn't going to post up but I think it'll also bring some solace to those that are having a little trouble finding partners and RPing with people that are available. So here goes: Remember, you don't need to sit around and wait for someone to pick you. A lot of you reported that you have anxiety to picking out other partners and that's okay! But sometimes you need to just buck up and realize that if you don't get picked, then get your picking gloves on cause it's your turn. So reach out! Talk to people! It's going to be okay. There are 50+ active people here. One person not responding isn't going to be the end of the world.

Overall I have to say the few that did give responses were pretty split in half.

But one thing is for sure: People are posting slow nowadays and we want to
help expedite their process! We know you guys have lives and we know that
sometimes, it's hard to keep up, but that's what the absence forum is for,
that's what the discord is for, and that's what Gaia PMs are for. So be nice
to each other! Keep your communications open! And don't be afraid to let
people know that there's a problem they need to know about.

As for now, the only major change we'll be making is keeping a hold of that
data and changing our requirements to have deletions every 3 weeks instead
of once a month. So keep that in mind! And be ready to make changes accordingly.

** And if you feel like you should've gotten a chance to submit in the poll, please let me know! **

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 5:54 pm
POLL RESULTS (CONT.)

Lastly we had some extra commentary I wanted to address personally!

What is your opinion of dead memes?
              How dead we talkin'?

I might've had a question for ya but I got ti*ties on the brain and can't focus now. Such is my curse.
              Does everyone not have that curse-

All in charge are doing a great job.
              Thank you! yum_puddi

For the guild to have more events that isn't mainly about socializing. The limits of characters allowed per member should be three instead of six. If the person they are posting with doesn't reply within a couple the person waiting shouldn't have to wait until day for their character to be allowed to move on.
              Ahh- To be honest, that's kind of the point of our events. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by events that aren't controlled by socializing? Unless you mean something actiony, which we can definitely do! We actually have 2 we're currently working on that don't require anyone to talk to each other, so hopefully that'll resolve some of that.

However, I'm not sure how other people having over 3 characters effects you in particular unless you're the one being shafted; which would be understandable. I can't say we have any plans to change that unless people are asking for over 6 people.

Lastly, no one's stopping you from moving on from the interaction, lol. The only thing we require is that your character can't be in two places at the same time. However, I will say that I think you'll lose partners more often if you're impatient with them responding than you will gain. But it's up to you! That's your choice to make on your own.

Ya'll are lovely folks and your dedication to the guild is impressive. Hope you have a fine day! Also I'm perfect ,': -)
              No you. c;
              But thank you! That's so kind of you to say!

hi cutie
              Hey bby how you doin'.

I wish people would be more open to RP. Some seem to stare blind on the soul mate part when, especially a slice of life as LO, you can also RP as friends or even just passing by and meet coincidentally.
              Us too! Not everything has to be a romantic interaction, it's okay to form platonic relationships! And not everything also has to be a "*trips over rock* "omg are you okay??"" interaction either. LOL!

Maybe have other types of events? That might encourage more people to explore the city and allow more for creative postings from characters that want to show off their unique abilities smile
              Whatever you say, boss! We'll work on it. n v n

Nothing, really. The guild itself is pretty good as-is. I'm just finding it hard to branch out because I am a bit rusty/shy when it comes to RP. It feels like the main premise (characters finding love/the fabled Nanoa fruit) isn't really the main focus. I know something like that should take time, but if it's been five years and only one couple has even made the attempt, It makes me /really/ tempted to try and be part of the second couple to make the attempt. Yet with my shyness and everyone being busy, it's hard to find that person with that character who'd be willing to do so. (Sorry if that sounds confusing and/or rude.)
              We understand! But also keep in mind, there are 50+ active members in this Guild alone as of this very moment. So one person deflecting/rejecting you isn't going to be the end of the world! And that's okay. Sure, it'll suck, but it's better to reach out than it is corner and bundling up in the dark. No one can see your true potential that way!

But trust me, it makes me ridiculously sad that ONE couple total has gone for the fruit. So you aren't alone in that one either.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:37 am
By Bi Blitz

LOL, no! You were totally fine. I was just taking a little break for a few days. rofl

On a side note though they should totally be friends with my slime.

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Yummy Galaxxy
By Bi Blitz

LOL, no! You were totally fine. I was just taking a little break for a few days. rofl

On a side note though they should totally be friends with my slime.

That sounds like fun to me! If you wanna make it happen just say!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:14 pm
Yummy Galaxxy

Aw I wasn't quoted! I found out about this post through guild forum activity to the right o-o

Anyways! I love how you set this post up Yummy smile It's nice to read other people's replies to the polls and the extra ones as well. I saw one of mine was there too! (Not saying which openly xD ) When I answered the poll, I did not really expect it to show up like this, but I loved it :3  

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:28 pm
By Bi Blitz

Yeeessss, please!
They sound like they could be bffs!

Rhun Tolihzeh

You were quoted in the first post, I just didn't tag anyone in the second since they were all anonymous questions. But thanks! I'm glad you liked it and that people are reading it. ; ^ ;

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:51 am
Yummy Galaxxy
By Bi Blitz

Yeeessss, please!
They sound like they could be bffs!

Rhun Tolihzeh

You were quoted in the first post, I just didn't tag anyone in the second since they were all anonymous questions. But thanks! I'm glad you liked it and that people are reading it. ; ^ ;

Just say when and where and I'll get the post out!  

By Bi Blitz

Distinct Fatcat

Rhun Tolihzeh

The Committee Staff Vampire

3,600 Points
  • nuGen Staff 25
  • The Committee Staff 25
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:09 am
Yummy Galaxxy

It was awesome! At least, I thought it was lol.  
● OOC

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games