Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
PYP thread? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 492 493 494 495 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Funky Monkey Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:04 am
People call me all sorts of things. Two girls in 7th grade thought I was from Puerto Rico. They weren't quite as insightful as Keeskee.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:48 am
Funky Monkey Bill
People call me all sorts of things. Two girls in 7th grade thought I was from Puerto Rico. They weren't quite as insightful as Keeskee.

They just don't know their racial characteristics, is all. (Does being able to tell where people are from make me somehow inherently racist or something? :/ )

Only two ethnic demographics get the epicanthal fold- also known as a 'monolid'- and those are Asians and Native Americans. You're too pale to be Native, and have pretty classic Asian features otherwise, anyway. Even with a pretty serious tan, I can't see how anyone would mistake you for any sort of Spanish descendant. neutral  

Keeskee

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Funky Monkey Bill

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:30 pm
Keeskee
Funky Monkey Bill

They just don't know their racial characteristics, is all. (Does being able to tell where people are from make me somehow inherently racist or something? :/ )

Only two ethnic demographics get the epicanthal fold- also known as a 'monolid'- and those are Asians and Native Americans. You're too pale to be Native, and have pretty classic Asian features otherwise, anyway. Even with a pretty serious tan, I can't see how anyone would mistake you for any sort of Spanish descendant. neutral
Actually, I am 1/16 Native American thank you very much. My grandmother's grandma is 100% woot woot.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:18 pm
Why does race matter so much anyway?
Point here is: Nationalism is dumb, and so is ancestral pride.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

StormDawn

3,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:26 pm
And by saying that you lose all my respect.
But yes, to a point Nationalism is dumb, but only in extremes.
otherwise it can unify a country, make things better for everyone.
And ancestral pride is something the human race shouldn't even lose.
If we lost that, we would be a collective of the same.
Me, I am a proud Viking.
If I was just human, and nothing more, I would feel no pride in almost anything.
Kuzo, Race should only matter to the individual that held it.
Race matters, but can be taken to Racism, which it shouldn't.
Really, you have to look at the whole picture.
nothing is black and white these days.
-Sigh-  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:51 pm
StormDawn
And by saying that you lose all my respect.
But yes, to a point Nationalism is dumb, but only in extremes.
otherwise it can unify a country, make things better for everyone.
And ancestral pride is something the human race shouldn't even lose.
If we lost that, we would be a collective of the same.
Me, I am a proud Viking.
If I was just human, and nothing more, I would feel no pride in almost anything.
Kuzo, Race should only matter to the individual that held it.
Race matters, but can be taken to Racism, which it shouldn't.
Really, you have to look at the whole picture.
nothing is black and white these days.
-Sigh-

Nationalism unifies nations, not the world, nor does race, or racial pride. It's only more ways for us to divide ourselves unnecessarily.

Same goes for religion.

All are just excuses for over-zealous people to start wars.  

Kuzodav

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:56 pm
MY GREAT GREAT UNCLE ONCE FOUGHT A WAR THIS IS IMPORTANT TO ME AND I WILL ARGUE WITH YOU OVER IT  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:37 pm
s**t wayne i just lost all respect for you  

Kuzodav

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:50 am
I don't even know what my ancestry is at all, and I don't really care to. It doesn't change who you are.

And it kind of bothers me when people take "pride" in stuff like that. "Oh hey a bunch of people that are long dead ******** each other and this is what I am now. lol i'm a mutt"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:40 am
Meta_Fish
I don't even know what my ancestry is at all, and I don't really care to. It doesn't change who you are.

And it kind of bothers me when people take "pride" in stuff like that. "Oh hey a bunch of people that are long dead ******** each other and this is what I am now. lol i'm a mutt"

That's one way to put it. xd
I'll never understand the ridiculous pride some people have behind it, but I can certainly understand the curiosity. It's definitely interesting to know exactly where you came from. My mother's bloodline has existed all over Romance-Language-Speaking Europe before coming to Cuba, and later, the US.
Plus, it's a little more dear to some people for different reasons. For instance, I'm attached to my Cuban bloodline because my family is so close-knit. (I know my fifth cousin by her first name. No joke. xd )  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:27 pm
I'm not related to anyone famous. emo (!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:38 pm
Wantcookie
Meta_Fish

I'll never understand the ridiculous pride some people have behind it, but I can certainly understand the curiosity. It's definitely interesting to know exactly where you came from. My mother's bloodline has existed all over Romance-Language-Speaking Europe before coming to Cuba, and later, the US.
Plus, it's a little more dear to some people for different reasons. For instance, I'm attached to my Cuban bloodline because my family is so close-knit. (I know my fifth cousin by her first name. No joke. xd )

What else would you call them by?  

Kuzodav

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 pm
Kuzodav
What else would you call them by?
Nothing, because you most likely wouldn't know who they are.

Wantcookie
I guess it's kind of neat to know, but people have pride in stuff like that and... I don't know. It reminds me of religious people that are so proud of having this certain belief and acting like pricks because of it, so it bothers me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:32 pm
*drops into conversation randomly* >.>
.... I think I'm giving in. ~_~
I don't usually post my picture, but whatever. x'D ...
User Image
This year, week after Valentine's Day I think. *sneezes* O~o
Now... *scuttles out for now*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I shall carry my egg with me wherever I go. o_o
Cause I'm strange like that. ;D

Xathoa

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:33 pm
Elemental Draconis
*drops into conversation randomly* >.>
.... I think I'm giving in. ~_~
I don't usually post my picture, but whatever. x'D ...
User Image
This year, week after Valentine's Day I think. *sneezes* O~o
Now... *scuttles out for now*
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I shall carry my egg with me wherever I go. o_o
Cause I'm strange like that. ;D
Those gloves scream "Pokeball go."  
The Gallery

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 ... 492 493 494 495 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games