Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:13 am
razz indeed XD My personal RP guild kinda died in feb XD too lazy to start it up again though...

Hmm, in the way of RPs I quite like adventure RPs, like ones with a definite story to work through biggrin I also love freeform XD Not too fond of romance though, I can never work through them :/ Saying that it's been a while since I tried one ninja Maybe I'll look one out XD
Is settings I like a good Sci-fi, post apocolyptic, or Realism. OH! I do love realism XD none of this getting shot by a sniper rifle and 'shrugging it off', or master swordsmen at the age of 16 lmao!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:18 am
Wow, Giyari. That totally explains why you like Falling In Time, lol!

Anyways, this is my other guild, the CSD. It died back in April, and I'm only just now beginning to care about it again. I can't wait till I start inviting people... I spam invites like there's no tomorrow, it's great. A properly written invite can get close to a 10% join rate.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:20 am
Romance normally pisses me off for some reason. Although, on the flip side, I can stand it if no one's going, "Pink pink, yellow sugary princess, make-up and happiness transformation. Sparkle sparkle." If you don't know what I'm talking about, I mean those cheesy, unrealistic romances that are always full of both parties giggling at each other and denying the imperfections in their lover.

Seriously. Romance is sickening. And yet it's that very thing I crave in a good role-play. Nothing cheesy, mostly dark, realistic romance. I'm a rather morbid person. XD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 am
I'm not too bothered about Romance, but other than that, a good story and a bit of realism. That is all I ask.  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:25 am
LOL! Dark and morbid can be good razz

I usually find my characters either mirror my personality and be mentally over active, cheekey and attention seeking, mouthy bastards with flakes of total stupidity XD. Or my 'bad guys' they go well... kinda brutal lol, harming and mentally ******** up everyone for a laugh. Wouldbn't call them bad, more antihero but without the good intentions.

EEEDDDIIITTTTT::::::::::::::

This is my comatose guild XD though I have no plans to 'reactivate' it XD more reincarnate it lmao! I'm gonna take the concept and transfer it into annother setting lol. actually theres a thread in the guild about that XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:30 am
Yeah, I'm not really a romantic person either. I don't mind it at all if it comes naturally between the characters, but I don't like it when it's the whole goal of a roleplay.

Of course, a good man would be all it takes to distract Aubia...

welian

Crew

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:31 am
You can tell my real villains from everyone else. While all my characters are highly flawed, not all of them can be considered evil. Secondly, my characters often differ as I see fit.

Do people here role-play in mostly original settings or fandom settings?

It takes a special man to bag my Lerena. That's why I often don't role-play her when I'm looking to develop a relationship with some character. In some cases, I create a new character entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:33 am
*ponts at his edit*^^^^^^

Yeah xD Romance is actually better if it developes randomly smile Adds flavour to the RP ^^
I mean look at FiT, it's probably really realistic for romance to develope in that scenario ninja Not that Jack will be gettin in on any of that lol XD

And as for originals or fandoms, I've seen both but originals tend to do better in here than the fandoms.  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:46 am
I think my role-play might succeed then. It depends how things go. I'm asking about what everyone likes, because I want to create a role-play people will actually join. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:32 am
I know a guy who's been trying to get a mass sci-fi RP going for almost a year now, but it's really hard for him to find interested people. I wonder if I should persuade him to apply for the Mass RP subforum....

That was random.

welian

Crew

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:59 am
so... I move on sunday. I've got almost everything I need packed now, but I'm still missing two important things. Weed and cigs.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:08 pm
... Weed and cigs? Sounds like it's time to run to the corner store.  

welian

Crew

ProphecyEmpress

Dangerous Worshipper

10,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 pm
Eylios
I know a guy who's been trying to get a mass sci-fi RP going for almost a year now, but it's really hard for him to find interested people. I wonder if I should persuade him to apply for the Mass RP subforum....

That was random.

I want to start a role-play of maybe 3-4 different people, but sadly, not even that many are interested in a role-play like one I want to create. XP  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:18 pm
Ouch, you can't even get 3-4 people? I'm used to hanging around, like, upwards of 10 other folks. Why not tell us about your idea? Maybe we can help you figure out how to make it more appealing.  

welian

Crew

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:21 pm
Eylios

That was random.

Me maybe? XD Well, nah not me but I'm in the same boat lol...

Eylios
Military Grade Chocolate
so... I move on sunday. I've got almost everything I need packed now, but I'm still missing two important things. Weed and cigs.
... Weed and cigs? Sounds like it's time to run to the corner store.

LOL! That's epic xD But I don't think you get weed at your every day corner store XP  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3651 3652 3653 3654 3655 3656 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games