Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:07 pm
sad I try....

I am just not much of a writer anymore. I scribble. But it never amounts.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 pm
Aww, Tak. sad  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Culex Xeluc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:24 am
Hmm. I guess I never wrote an introduction.

Well, I'm Culex. 19, going to be a sophomore in college, doing that seems pretty much the exact opposite of writing: math, of the pure kind. I'm actually obsessed with math. I love it.It'd be my guilty pleasure if I felt guilty about it. I feel like it is the most beautiful artform in the world. As to what I'm actually gonna do with it, not sure. The thoughts of selling my soul to Wall St. are always there, but who knows? For the time being, math is my only preoccupation.

I'm Agnostic. I can't say where I'm happy about it. My last girlfriend kinda broke up because of it. I like to argue a lot, almost in a mathematical sense.

So why do I write? I dunno. It's enjoyable. I don't get much practice or anything, hence why its looks shitty or angst-ridden at times (works from my early teenage years have the typical teenage angst, as well as sucking in general). However, I mostly write whenever I get inspiration and motivation. Without the two, I am nothing as far as writing goes.

Hmm that was long. But yeah. I'll read stuff for you guys. I'm no expert in anything involving literature, but I'll give advice regardless.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 am
Welcome, welcome. heart
Your work thus far hasn't been TOO angsty--I mean, no pits of darkness and no mention of blood or despair--so I wouldn't say it's that bad. XD  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Nait Phoenix

3,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:45 pm
Call me Blaze! My real name is a mystery, but I go by the alias "Nait Phoenix" until I figure out who I really am.

I'm 20, and I love to write stories of great heroes and evil villains. I'm also a songwriter, but so far only on a more direct approach and less metaphoric like most songwriters, if that makes sense. I've continually tried to expand my hero story of "Nait" for years, but I haven't gone past character analysis and world description yet, but I'm working on it more in-depth than I have for the past six years.

Found badly burned and with a heavy case of amnesia, he does not know his real name, but has haphazardly agreed to become a soldier of the SS-23 under the alias of Nait Phoenix or Blaze 'for friends'. Nait has a strange mark on his back in the shape of a phoenix and has no recollection of where it came from. He is a skilled swordsman, and has strange fire powers that are triggered through emotion. It’s unknown how or when he acquired these powers, but he believes that the more he fights, the more he’ll know about his past and his future…

Almost done, but still working...

I plan to be a professional songwriter & have story writing as a hobby on the side. I might even sing a little.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:49 pm
Interesting. Welcome to the guild! =3  

Serenity Reed
Crew

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:04 pm
Hey newbie! smile Your stuff sounds interesting - try not to be scared off by the strangeness of some of us.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:53 am
Hey, there. I'm Sonya, and I'm 16-soon-to-be-17.
Some random facts:
-I like Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream
-I started writing when I was in 6th grade ( but I've been into art since I was 3 )
-I'm currently working on a series of books, 6 total. All will be novel length, and they will later be used as the manuscripts for my comic ( the story itself is totally planned out already...just none of it is written down. At all xD )
-Said novels are not going well because I lack any organizational skills, and the writing coach/teacher that was helping me quit showing up.
-I don't care if you call me a girl or a guy
-I write mostly long stories, but since most of those go unfinished, I've been working on short stories. I also write fanfiction.
-I enjoy horror genres most, and pretty much all of my work has a macabre element of some sort in it.

Eh, I think that's good for now.
^___^
(=^.^=)
(")UU(")

[Sonya--McCaw]

Dangerous Survivor

10,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:57 am
Welcome Sonya!
I thought for a moment you were me until the end. XD Except my comic dream may never come true because I'm still struggling with art. emo  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:09 am
Serenity Reed
Welcome Sonya!
I thought for a moment you were me until the end. XD Except my comic dream may never come true because I'm still struggling with art. emo

Thanks~ You could always team up with an artist - we're friendly folk ( unless we're drawing werewolves or something. Then you might wanna wait 'til we're out of that headspace... ).

And I've been working on the story as long as I've been drawing, so that might have influenced it a bit 3nodding  

[Sonya--McCaw]

Dangerous Survivor

10,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:11 am
[Sonya--McCaw]

Thanks~ You could always team up with an artist - we're friendly folk ( unless we're drawing werewolves or something. Then you might wanna wait 'til we're out of that headspace... ).

And I've been working on the story as long as I've been drawing, so that might have influenced it a bit 3nodding

Same. I was thinking of teaming with someone, but I don't know how I'd pay them--and I'm hoping I can get good enough to do it all myself one day. =3  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:16 am
Serenity Reed
Same. I was thinking of teaming with someone, but I don't know how I'd pay them--and I'm hoping I can get good enough to do it all myself one day. =3

Ah, I see. What style would you like to draw it in?

(( sidenote/question: Fanfiction is okay here, right? ))  

[Sonya--McCaw]

Dangerous Survivor

10,850 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:22 am
I want animesque combined with fifties fun. XD I'm sure I'll manage...

As for fanfiction, I honestly don't know. I've never seen any posted.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:43 am
My name is unimportant. I know who I am and I don't need a name telling me. But if you must call me something, call me Genesis.

My writing has always had a certain dramatic and horrific tendency, though not in my newest story. I'm currently working on a novel with a certain group called Akatsuki, if you know who they are, then congrats to you. In it are my 3 OC's, Kiomata, Maika, and Emi.

I don't really write long stories because I'm not the kind of person who drags things out like that.

Also, sometimes I overdose on sugar. Like yesterday, I had 2 Twix packs, a giant Reeses PB cup, two packs of M&Ms and a thing of Starburst. BY MYSELF.  

oO_Genesis_Blackwood_Oo

2,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:50 am
Welcome to the guild, Genesis. =3  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items