Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:32 pm
Queen Spazzy

Sometimes very rare they got things randomly for me after I watched all those kids.

Aye my case of not asking is due to mix of my older siblings asked for too much money when I was growing up that we literally struggled with money, and due to that my dad was upset over money issues and my siblings asking for more as dad couldn't stop being a helpful guy. Overall I eventually got to the point I didn't want to ask for even a dollar to see movies with friends or family members when I was young.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 10:41 am
Tobi Kaito

You deserve better than "rarely" receiving something in thanks. I mean, you're not obligated to watch the children, so they should really be showing gratitude more often in some kind of way. Doesn't even have to be a THING, could be an act, like offering to wash some of your stuff with theirs (ignoring the part where it's your own washer and dryer in the first place), or taking out trash, or any one of various household chores (again ignoring that they ought to be contributing to these anyway). It just frustrates me to no end, the way some people are like this, just expecting things and not pausing to return what is actually a favor being done for them.

Yeah, once I was a teenager and my parents had split, money was always really tight, so I know how it goes. My ma is disabled, so our income was fixed and very limited. (She's been having to fight social security again over her disability, actually; ******** want to take all her benefits. And, one, since she first got disability, nothing has changed, could even argue she's worse off now. Two, she's close to retiring age anyway, the actual ******** do they expect her to do?) We couldn't rely on my father to do anything without strings attached (like when we had to have him pay for the wisdom teeth I had to have pulled, he shorted us child support so we could "pay the bill back to him" or when my ma let him claim me on taxes so long as some of his return came back to me and the jerk kept my portion to "save for a car for me," when it was clear that I had no desire to drive), my uncle and his kids were on as tight a budget as we were, and my aunts are stuck-up twats that would sooner light themselves on fire than have anything to do with us poor folk. So, yeah, I generally didn't ask for anything even from my mom. Probably needless to say, but I didn't get out much as a teenager. cat_sweatdrop Not that I was much bothered by it, libraries are free, after all.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2024 11:17 am
Queen Spazzy

Oh they're "helping more" in chores. (I quote it cause really they're making the kids do more chores around here & well you can guess how well that's going.) It's something but it's obviously not the grandest.

Aye, the only good I had in past was food variety in my youth even when struggling along. As an adult t feels my things are ramen only with a rare dip of corn dogs, hamburger, and burritos but still overall cheap bulk packs of ramen which could stay good if I had other things to make it 'different flavors' i.e. small add ins like chips, cheese, cheap meats, or really anything to make those flavored noodles pop more.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 7:51 am
Tobi Kaito

Sigh, and if the kids aren't under supervision while doing the chores, I expect they mostly just make more work for you in the end. But it IS something, which is better than nothing, even if only marginally.

Oh, I might be able to help out with the ramen conundrum, actually! Cheap tinned foods and condensed soups can work WONDERS with instant ramen! Also, and I know how weird this is going to sound but it is good I swear, mustard! Just skip the seasoning packet. I LOVE mustard ramen. If you can swing a can of cream of chicken soup, a bit of that with the chicken flavored ramen is a favorite of my mom's, and was a staple of childhood before I was allowed to make my own food choices and became a vegetarian. If you have any soy sauce kicking about and a bit of oil, they're good for stir frying, too. You can also chill them and add salad dressing, basically instant pasta salad. And if you're not opposed to tinned meats, Spam is supposed to be good with ramen. You can also use the noodles uncooked; crush them up a bit and sprinkle over sale salad, they're basically croutons. You can also make the confection I know as "haystacks" with them, according to a recipe I remember seeing ages ago. (Actual haystacks are basically just little piles of chow mein noodles covered with melted butterscotch chips, in the event you've never heard of them. I'm never sure which things that are common to me are specific to the Midwest until someone is like "wtf are you talking about." >>; So I tend toward explaining first just so that doesn't happen.)
We, uh, we ate a LOT of ramen when I was growing up. And when I was in uni. cat_sweatdrop
I even have a whole book of recipes for instant ramen... cat_redface

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:18 am
Queen Spazzy

Yup, worse off half the time the kids expect us to do their chores anyway & I'm here internally all "not or job you little shits, so we don't want to do it!"
Yet thanks to the BS of not doing it we do it any way because we do not need Mike being shouty so early morning at those kids, or we would love to have our own stuff cleaned up here soon if we can have it so!

Ngl mustard ramen is my favorite to make cheap meal mix, but overall like most I assume whom dealt with struggles 900% I'd rather have anything else still if had the cash to have other loads better foods. xp
{Not that I eat any healthier things out there as I'm still a cheap many issues in it mixed ethicancy American red neck family person with my own delinquent past making matters more maddening on what counts as "decent meals" to "gourmet meals" in my world.}

A great example of that is the fact that one gourmet meal to me is getting two different three topping pizzas smashed together in a way to anger the Italian youtuber's Lionfield as I make them a sandwich along with a soda from any pizza chain.
As for a decent meal just get some chicken nuggets and French fries.
(100% not healthy sounding foods there at all really, but they're not ramen overloading me to point I'm bringing out the ramen recipes booklet myself. sweatdrop )

{no issues with ramen just I'd enjoy the other foods too ere and there to not feel the struggling times. emotion_skull }  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2024 9:41 am
Tobi Kaito

Ugh, that's really frustrating. Like, chores are a drag already, but having to put in more work to correct the "work" someone else does, regardless of whether they're a child or an adult, is even worse.

!!! A fellow mustard ramen enjoyer! Oh, happy day, people always look at me funny when I put mustard on ramen, so it's nice to know I'm not the only one out there eating it. (I still remember where I got the idea to try it in the first place. Ah, old school Beyblade anime, you were something else.)

Definitely understand wanting other things than ramen, though. Like, when I'm experiencing/recovering from a flare of my condition, it's easier to list what I can eat than what I can't. (It's a boring list; boiled potatoes/mashed potatoes without peel, vegetable broth, ramen, white bread, white rice, saltines, peanut butter, almond milk. It gets old really fast.) But wherever you shop, just keep an eye out for foods priced for quick sale; they're usually approaching their sell-by date, and most places give a deep discount on them. Was about the only way my ma and I got any fresh (well, fresh-ish) produce. Like, there's nothing actually WRONG with the food, the stores just can't keep it on the shelves after a certain point and it may not have as much of a shelf life as you might be used to, especially in the case of produce and meats, so you'll have to either freeze it to keep it from spoiling or use it within about a week (I'd recommend within three days for most meats unless you freeze them, though). Still, when you're on a shoestring budget, beats the hell out of ramen or plain white rice every night. And if you happen to have any bargain/discount shops like Ollie's nearby, sometimes you can find non-perishables fairly cheap and the only "problems" with them are, like, dented cans or slightly smushed boxes or whatever. I LIVE for shopping at bargain stores like that, really makes a tight budget stretch further.

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 12:37 am
Queen Spazzy

Aye, and the worse chore the kids slack on or outright ignore really is dog care for Valkyrie.
As for their reasons I'm mixed on understanding it but also all like "Mike's your step-dad to be (if not already.) so best do the damn chores for Val now!"
{Besides that I'm not the lover of their attitude when Val makes a mess on the floors because the kid was all "it's Mike's dog I don't have to take her outside." which sure he wanted the dog most and had to have a dang pit puppy with a excitement bladder issue, but they're a family take the damn dog out as I despise picking up the most rancid smelling dog shats that linger for hours to days depending her diet. And I swear the next little punk whom says "Mike's dog, he has to clean up after her." after she drops a stink bomb I'm suplexing the child into the stink bomb. evil }

I don't see why it'd be weird but with younger people I guess it's just how they are as the kids of Regina dislike the idea of cheese on apple pie, ranch on pizza or even pizza rolls/pizza hot pockets dunked in ranch, and honey on pizza. (course a few peers or elders of mine my also judge some of those too really and idk for I don' pay attention enough to their reactions. About the only thing I seen dislike on mixed most is having olive and pineapple pizza.)

Discount foods are good still and having lived with my father I honestly have a minor iron gut of I can take starting to go foods more than most I know. (mainly as my father would make me eat starting to go foods a lot growing up & seeing as he was born in 1933 so he had some time in the great depression as a young child I feel that may have some factors as to why we had to deal with curdling milk, mold scraped off of it bread, and two years plus expired foods. (All which I lived with and still do live with doing to myself now sometimes even when clearly don't need to. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 8:05 am
Tobi Kaito

Honestly, I'd probably put the doggy dook in their shoes or something, that should teach them pretty quickly that it doesn't matter whose dog it is, dog messes are gross. Also, it's not like the poor dog had a choice in all of this, it's just plain cruel to not let her out when she needs to go. Maybe tell the kids since you're not their parent, they can't use your bathroom, see how they like being treated like that, because that's exactly what they're doing to the dog.

For mustard, probably because people can't think past it being a condiment, so they can't imagine using it for anything other than sandwiches. Also, I think most of those things are atrocious, but in an only-to-me way (because it's 100% just a me thing, I'm a texture eater, so even the thought of thick dressing with pizza is enough to make me shudder; sprinkling some ranch seasoning in with sauce or cheese, on the other hand, I could definitely live with). If other people think it's tasty, that's their choice, and I'm not going to side-eye them or tell them it's gross, or they're gross for eating it. Just because I'm not willing to eat something doesn't mean it can't be tasty. (With the right toppings and cheese, honey on pizza would be divine, by the way. Olives and pineapple make sense together, to me. A salty sweet combo. 'course, the only way I can stand eating watermelon is to put salt on it, so maybe I'm simply weird enough to imagine it working, who knows.)

Honestly, most foods are fine well past their "expiration" dates. And plenty of 'spoiled' foods are safe enough to eat. Don't recommend testing your luck with meats, of course, but, like, moldy cheese is perfectly safe to eat after cutting off the molded bits. Most bread molds are harmless unless your immune system is compromised, though there's no "cutting off the mold" for bread like there is for cheese; bread is soft, full of air holes, so there are microscopic "tendrils" of mold throughout once it has grown to the point you can see it on the surface. And while curdled milk certainly isn't pleasant to taste, it's generally not particularly dangerous, either. (I mean, that's basically what cottage cheese is, after all. Not to mention sour cream being exactly what it says on the tin; soured cream. Plus you can curdle milk yourself just by adding lemon juice to it, and you can use that in baking as a replacement for buttermilk.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:17 am
Queen Spazzy

I've got evil plans of other I got to share tp adults if they continue this action with pet.

Food mixes with all be weird to others is all I can say, met back in school a cook whom was trying to made squid ink jelly a thing for foods. (wonder if he got it by now as I was about eleven back then.)

Aye meat isn't one of those you could make work, unless you're a delinquent looking to make a pet have horrid poops for at least a day if lucky. (yes some bad plans I have was mentioned here.)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2024 9:42 am
Tobi Kaito

I like a good evil plot. gaia_contract However it shakes down, I hope it's entertaining for you!

Squid ink foods are in vogue these days, so I'd wager they managed to make their recipe stick somewhere. Whether it's "jelly" like the coconut jelly squares popular in certain Asian confections, or like the jelly you put on sandwiches. But I can totally see squid ink jelly squares being a dessert at a high end establishment. (And I'm in a position to the sorts of things that make it onto the menu; my beau is a chef and has worked at high end places before. I've seen weirder things on the menu at his former workplaces.)

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 4:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2024 6:29 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2024 6:40 pm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2024 12:53 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2024 2:27 pm
Queen Spazzy
]

i'm praying it is so, cause so far after gong to my older sister Tina's the rv crew (as i called them) seem to be gone now.
So we're praying they went got a house somewhere & will be only back to get their dog val and things they left behind.
{I can haz my poor sanity bak!?}

i been gone so long i forgot what evil plan. sweatdrop

chef work is good work.  
It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out