Welcome to Gaia! ::

Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Back to Guilds

This is a writer's guild where all can gather for feedback and advice on all mediums of writing. Plus it's a great place for conversation. 

Tags: Writing, Writer, Writer's Block, Critiques, Friends 

Reply Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild
Newbies-Introduce yourself here! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 365 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

charbookwyrm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:22 am
What Ser said. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 am
Just call me whatever you want, but most people I know call me 13 since it's my lucky number.

I go to a college-prep school, and the college prep school is also a school of the arts (drawing, writing, music, drama, etc.)

I write deep stories, alot of poetry and songs. But I tend to write fanfiction on House MD, and tons of anime. I love RPing, drawing on myself, and writing. And I love to sing.

Me and my friends in real life are making a manga called 'Inappropiate MD'. Six doctors, one epic manga. The manga lives up to it's name. Manga storyline for volume 1 is done, now I have to sketch it out and draw it.

I am very random and shout things like... 'WHY WAS THERE BACON IN THE SOAP?!?!' (I'm a huge Invader Zim fan. As well as a House MD fan.) but that doesn't happen often.

Oh, um... I'm going to find the cure for Huntington's disease. As it says in my siggy. :3  

Julienne Dreams

Beloved Sweetheart

24,850 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 am
Welcome! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:14 pm
Hi there :]
I don't mind what you call me (Belle or Carter is fine) 'cause I get bored with names and things often, so I change it a lot... anyway. I absolutely love fiction - my favorite genres to read are fantasy and romance, sometimes sci-fantasy, though to be honest, I'll enjoy any book if it's really dramatic. I just find
those storylines addictive...

I write stories - mostly short ones at the moment, as that's most convenient with my studies going on, though I've planned a TV series at home, and as soon as I have time, that is what I'll be working on, aswell as a story I've had forming in my mind, though nothing certain yet. I've been posting chapters of a short story on Wattpad (Link if you wanted to hit it up :])which is about abuse... I've recently got into this hard-hitting, unwanted-truth kind of genre, which deals with hard stuff like this; 'Dreamland' by Sarah Dessen got me into it, and it's a totally awesome book, in my opinion. I'm just a sucker for high emotions, I really am... Anyway, I update it about every week or fortnight, because I am very busy at the moment. I'm one of those writers that has a vague sense of what she's writing beforehand, but no planning, and then basically I just wing it when I start writing my short stories like this. Usually I'm inspired by something, a dream, or something I see - TV shows inspire me, books and songs inspire me, everything, to be honest...

I love writing short stories, though I'm pretty bad at poetry, and though I do like to occasionally write song lyrics, they don't make much sense due to my extreme lack of musical understanding... xD (Oh, yeah, I use that smiley alot :])
I'm also artistic - I love to sketch, especially people and shades.
Most of all.. I just LOVE to read. So expect some feedback! I love reading, and if there's something I think is awesome, or could be made better, I will tell you - though mostly it'll be compliments, trust me! The only thing I can't stand in a story is cliché in the main character, to be honest...

Oh, I'm rambling xD If I sound self-centered, I'm sorry! I just hope this mass of thought makes some sense xD Nice to meet you all! :]

Belle Carter

Therizinosaurus90

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm
Nice to meet you Belle. You're in good company, there's quite a few of us fantasy genre lovers here.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:13 pm
Welcome Belle! =3  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Chrysanthius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:52 pm
Hello everyone! My name is Dain. Well, I'm not sure what to say about myself, and I honestly don't want to ramble incessantly during my very first post. I am 19 years old, in college, living with my parents (as well as my brother and two cats), have an obsession with classical literature, and I also have an obsession with Moi dix Mois, Mana-sama, and basically anything to do with Mana-sama. (Seriously. It's pretty sad. I somehow turn every conversation into something about Mana-sama. Yesterday, I had to write a paper for my English class, and I ended up making the entire paper about Mana-sama. Also, to anyone who might be annoyed that I use "sama", because I am not Japanese -- All I can say is that Mana-sama IS Japanese, and I feel he deserves proper respect, which is why I add the "sama" every time. Just putting that out there. ...What was I rambling about?)

ANYWAY! I started writing around the age of eleven. Although, I began storytelling at the age of 3 or 4. Apparently, even as a small child, I would spend hours every day weaving long tales about aliens, vampires, demons, etc. Once I hit middle school, though, the whole "pre-teen angst" thing set in, and I was in a position where I didn't have any true means to express myself. Thus, I began writing. I'll be honest, I'm quite rusty these days. Back when I was at my peak of writing, my teachers were telling me I was on a college graduate level, my stories were beautifully written and poetic with wonderful grammar, and I was only thirteen at the time. Sadly, after having received horrifying criticism from my mother, I stopped writing all together. As a young teen, I wanted to please my mother who believed writing fantasy was idiotic and would only lead to me being poor for the rest of my life. I wish I could go back in time and give myself the support I needed, because writing and music were my loves in life, and because of my mother...I gave them both up. My life became hell after I shoved aside my only joys.

YET! Here I am, writing this insanely long, rambling introduction for you. Also, I have a guitar waiting for me at a pawn shop which I'll be officially purchasing on Monday. This is me. This is my life. Music and writing. I only hope it's not too late to get back in the game. I've spent too long without my greatest loves, but this time, I won't let anyone stop me. I'm very glad to be here, and I'd like to thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day! heart  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:07 pm
Welcome Dain!
I'd probably go insane if I gave up either of those... Luckily my parents ignore me, so it's all good!
I hope to see some nice fantasy from you. =3 heart  

Serenity Reed
Crew

Fallen Royal

3,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:36 pm
Hi Im new here and my W:N is- R L C (Lynn)

i write everything but mostly storys, Plays, and short storys but i love to go travel and turn them into Romance/ Horror books. I plan and hope to get one of my books published sometime.
Im very discriptive about my writeing too.
I love watching movies and going online.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:18 pm
Well I've been slacking again so I am so backed up that I just have to say a WELCOME EVERYONE! I am glad to see so many new faces in the guild!!! I love newbies. smile  

Spastic waffles
Captain

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 am
Rambling is my favorite type of writing. That is all I do anyways. razz
That and fish stories... But that is more or less stream of conscious rambling... yadda yadda...

WELCOME EVERYONE! I tend to lurk around here, seeing as I am a little out or sync with my writing at the moment. So if there is ever anything specific that you would like read and reviewed let me know and I will be sure to visit it. Or if you just want to talk. smile  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:06 am
Hi! I'm Sapphy (short for Sapphyra), or at least that's what I call myself on Gaia... Really it's just the name of a very overused elf character.............
I love to write, so much I really don't have room for all the random used loose-leaf in my room.
I also need to refrain from using "..." Maybe I'm just a hesitant person, but I don't know. sweatdrop
I've been through the forums and am definitely not as good a writer as these people sweatdrop But I love getting and giving constructive criticism. I would also probably die without Firefox spellcheck, but I hatehatehate bad grammar. Such as when people run their dialogue or don't capitalise... Makes me mad... scream
I also am pretty fluent in French (and English... Obviously). I love sugary sweets but am trying to eat healthier (not working out to well for me) and exercise (ditto).
I look forward to seeing everyone's work!
Thanks!!!
Sapphy whee  

Ninja Baby Blues

Serenity Reed
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:34 am
Welcome Sapphy! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:17 pm
Just a warning Sapphy, you shouldn't read my writing. I may give you a heart attack.

I believe grammar is optional in most, if not all cases of writing. Many of my pieces are just chunks or words that make sense and go, but are not grammatically correct. Or maybe they are... I never pay that close attention.

(This is not to say that I cannot be a proficient grammar nazi when I try. I just don't like to in my own writing.)

That was my disclaimer, because I don't want you to read something and have your brain explode at my insanity and lack of grammar usage!

Im TJ by the way! Welcome!  

Tak-Jak
Vice Captain

Spastic waffles
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:54 pm
Welcome Sapphy!!!  
Infinite possibilities-A writer's guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 365 366 367 368 369 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash