Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]
Spastic Spazzing Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:51 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2024 7:05 pm

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2024 3:58 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 1:44 pm

Queen Spazzy
Blind Blindness
Aww okay. Sounds good! Spending quality time with your s/o is nice. My 4th of July was a bit lower key myself. My mom and I visited my grandma in the nursing home. Aside from that, not much. A few fireworks out my window, but no parade haha. I saw a movie with my friend this weekend, Maxxxine. I don't know if you've ever seen "Pearl" or "Ex", but it's based off that series. Had Dippin' Dots. That was a treat! Trying to hang in there, and I hope you are too! Don't ya hate it when medical/physical stuff gets in the way? Haha. But we are fighters.

We probably could have walked across the street and let ourselves into the parking garage to watch fireworks from the roof, but we were both pretty caught up in the game. Who needs fireworks when you have a new expansion to play, right? Plus, I don't really like leaving my cats alone with potential loud noises. Not that it has ever scared them or anything, but at least one of them is liable to do something dumb (like jumping at the bedroom window that we keep baby gated off) if he hears people outside. Shima is the neighborhood watch, by which I mean he wants to watch everyone that comes through our part of the neighborhood and gets quite angry when he isn't let into a window but can hear things going on outside.
Oh, your grandma is in a nursing home now? I think that's a new development since the last time we talked. Nice to spend some time with her for the holiday, though.
Behold my knowledge of pop culture; I have heard of exactly zero of the things you mentioned. I haven't been to a theater in... years? It was well before we moved... The last Despicable Me that I watched with my mom, I think, however long ago that was. Two years? And the beau hasn't been to the theater since that new Evil Dead movie last year. And so far as we can tell, the theater we like here is closed for renovations. (Or that's our best guess, at least; they don't seem to be operating at the moment, but they've retained their web domain and are updating their site per the notice when I visit it.) They had two dollar Tuesday showings, so I hope they reopen.
My medical stuff gets in the way for about two hours every eight weeks. We usually just make a day of it, go somewhere fun afterward like a thrift shop or our favorite discount shop. Plus I have the whole infusion time for reading, so could be worse. cat_xd Honestly, worth it since this one seems to actually be working. I can even eat ice cream again!

That's awesome, Brandy! Good logic and good news. I have one main movie friend so I usually go with her. I haven't seen the latest evil dead one but always down for horror. Oh I love ice cream. That, pizza and cake are a few of my favorite foods.

Yeah, well now she's in the hospital with covid. Gotta send you an update.

Blind Blindness
Captain

5,075 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2024 4:53 pm

Blind Blindness
That's awesome, Brandy! Good logic and good news. I have one main movie friend so I usually go with her. I haven't seen the latest evil dead one but always down for horror. Oh I love ice cream. That, pizza and cake are a few of my favorite foods.

Yeah, well now she's in the hospital with covid. Gotta send you an update.

There just aren't many movies we're willing to pay to see. Like, the lion's share of the things we're interested in we can watch through a streaming service if we wait long enough. Plus the only other cinema in town is expensive. Not even sure where it is, either...
I haven't watched the newest Evil Dead, either, but my beau liked it. The trailers for it made it seem more gore-y than I like, so I skipped that outing. According to the beau, though, the trailers really played up the blood and it wasn't actually that bad. Y'know, in case you are also averse to modern "gore-or" movies.
I can eat pizza, too~ cat_whee Still can't do mozzarella, but red sauce is okay, so all I have to do is substitute an aged cheese like cheddar instead. (We actually have a good place nearby that lets me do that, so I can even order out for pizza!) Cake is a bit of a different animal, though. I can eat it if I make it or if it's vegan, but I still don't get on well with butter. =w=; (Which means unless they're vegan/dairy-free, most other baked goods are out, too. That's kinda whatever, though, since I'm an excellent baker.)

Oh dear, sorry to hear your grandmother is ill. I hope she gets better soon!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2024 4:45 am

Queen Spazzy

Aye the forum events are ngl... just awful to do.
Back in early 2000's they seemed fun but back then the forum events were like 'pick a camp like science, juvenile, jock, and rich' and there was so many people spit to make a fairly even match for all. (mainly as gaia had a lot more people back then to distribute to all sides.)

Well Nathan told Travis the plan about Valkyrie if she isn't gone by end of this month (being overly nice,) and Travis texted Regina about it, so here's hoping things all go and that Mike magically isn't señor súper gritador about it all and tries to fight somebody or everybody. (If he gets that way even, honestly idk how people will always turn out but 7/10 times they're always the worse case scenario for me, so I'm beginning the whole expect the worse always.)

I know it's weird but oddly Cappi does it and she passed it onto my young cat so now she does it too, we could have a 100% to even 110% clean box and those two will pick my bed's mattress or bedding if it's all covered up again.
(I honestly Cappi only does it due to she had to live with Nathan's parents once in her life and Nathan's parents can't or don't control cats so they have a whole army down there and I think she got the idea herself from some older male when she was younger.)

But if not all that nonsense sense making of insanity, I'm going to toss it more towards the two cats being stressed out they are marking spaces for the other why they do it.

Third option is saying they're tomboy girls. xp

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2024 4:15 pm

Tobi Kaito

Yeah, I think if they had more than just the two sides, the forum battles would be more enjoyable. But with ONLY two, there's always one team with overwhelming numbers snowballing the other team and it's SUPER annoying. Like, if they're going to regularly make it so we can switch sides at will and collect both sets of team items, why not just assign the starting team at random the first time a user visits the event page? That would at least help even the odds somewhat, and it's not like the winning team has determined any plot or event-end prizes or anything in years at this point. It'd still be disgustingly grindy, but I think it would noticeably less painful.

Expect the worst, and you can never be disappointed, only pleasantly surprised. Honestly, it's how I live my life at this point. If something can go wrong, it probably will go wrong, I might as well be prepared for that eventuality. And, honestly, if anyone tries to be a jerk about what happens with the dog, they had PLENTY of warning about it. FAR more warning than you had that you would suddenly be the dog's sole caretaker. If they had ACTUALLY cared about what happened to her, they'd have taken her with them, or AT LEAST left you with information about why they didn't take her and how long you could expect to be their dogsitter. So, yeah, zero sympathy for them in this regard.

Ah, Cappi marking her territory actually makes a little more sense if she lived somewhere with a big cat colony. Feral queens will mark out their territory and beat up any male that crosses into it outside of prime mating times. They'll chase off other queens encroaching on their hunting grounds, too.
Stress is almost certainly a contributing factor, too. And cats tend to be creatures of habit, so not having the run of the house or their box in the usual place can lead to them getting destructive/messy. Even just the addition of a new animal to their "clowder"/family can make them act out.

(I've really been lucky that my current boys will adapt to pretty much anything as they have Their People [me, my beau, the beau's parents]. They had an uncle who was not so adaptable that I had to send back, my mom was ready to wring his neck by the time I finally decided it wouldn't work with him.)

In other cat news, my in-laws acquired (read: had dumped on their lawn in the middle of the night) a new kitten. They named him Murphy (no, I don't know why). It took them three days to catch the wily little bugger (he went under the porch and hid under their house and cried for over a day before they managed to tempt him out and into a cat carrier with wet food), but he has acclimated to the family (which includes three dogs, a goat, and half a dozen or so other cats) quite well. They had to get kitten milk replacer for him because he wasn't quite old enough to have been weaned. He was a scrawny little thing, but now he is a healthy ball of fur with plenty of energy. We stated explicitly we could have no more cats in our apartment so they wouldn't try to bring him up when they visited.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:55 pm

I found a coffee substitute at a local specialty grocery shop that I can drink!
It's just barley, rye, and chicory. Zero caffeine!
I like it pretty well, my beau still says it tastes like Sugar Smacks, though.
(But he's not the one drinking it, so whatever. :p I've probably also been making it a little weak, coffee substitutes tend to run a bit pricey, so I want to make it last since I got this one half off. cat_sweatdrop )

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2024 6:12 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2024 9:50 am

Queen Spazzy

Aye, if we do two sides that get swapped don't make me pick a side cause I'll either pick the side with too much people or too little. And cause of that my mood for the event will drift south into wanting to quit the event early at some point as either I can't do jack for I post once and get ganked, or I can't find a user on the side I need to attack for any experience in the event to be earned. (Honest the two achievements on me was barely done by mainly trying to attack mules of users allowing it, and or just all the users done with the event as the anger of users was high and blocking was becoming the insane habit.)

Honestly the more I live my life the more I see that I should always expect the worse in life and be 110% prepared for that BS. sweatdrop emo
I mean the list of BS my family done in life to screw us over is bad; related to two church arsonist, related to two child predators (one's an uncle of mine, the other is Regina's ex-husband Austin that all the town knows she was with once by now as Regina doesn't understand what to keep to herself of life issues.), all of Regina's six kids have issues with kleptomania, lying and fighting, due to how Regina is being dodgy the health and welfare officer has us all on her s**t list [us here cause related to her or knows her.], Mike Regina's new male partner honestly has his own cases of issues mainly exploding anger, my mother's sisters all suck now {Her full blood sisters suck as they talked at my mom's funeral how she has to be in Hell & how I'm a b*****d child as I shouldn't have been brought into life as they were against my father being with her, and her half sister whom was good for a while is now sadly a heavy alcoholic abuser as of 2022 but I found out this year that case when she shown up drunk as drunk gets to the wedding of Adrianne an Thomas that she didn't even recognize her own family members.}, both of Travis and Regina's parents cheated on the other during their sloppy divorce, Claudia (Travis and Regina's mother) has mental issues where she's younger than she really is and doesn't understand social norms as when our father was having his really close to death moments (idk what you call that state tbh but I do know I hate it as it's what had him breathing hard and flashed me back to my mother's death I witnessed at five when she died from an acute asthma attack.) but moving on... she didn't comprehend that in that state our father couldn't actually respond to her waving her hand in his face which made his passing on more painful, Terry (Regina and Travis' father) also in life got Alzheimer's so we're all feeling screwed on the not getting or getting getting Alzheimer's case, & finally with our ancestor mixture (Cherokee, Irish, German, English, and even some we haven't learnt yet as we're always learning more later from sadly dying death bed tales, or already dead members of our family's funerals when we finally gather together again.) but overall apparently cause of our mixture the officers are more inclined to not like us in town here and some even prejudge us as guilty if anything happens around us (and cause of the earlier bits I shared you can guess how much worse it is lately for that.)

{Normally I try to not be all share my family's BS but as late I learnt it's better to talk about it and relief myself from all that stress they cause. xp }

Aye she does have the queen mindset and my baby having come from there as a kitten barely has the same mind as unlike Cappi my Katt Bartlet was only there for the min longest age required before adoption so seven months old.
But overall both are stressed out the most as they're use to the litterbox in the bathroom, my bedroom door left open for them to run in and out of the room as wish as they're normally good not to mess 99% of the time, with the 1% being when the box was dirty and we were too slow to clean it as two cats one litterbox nightmare. emotion_skull

Alas though if we do have to give Valkyrie over to a good shelter "we" (more Nathan & Travis looking into it all than I am.) found we're semi-prepared more or less for the bull of Mike's anger outburst, which I fear will happen most of all as Mike in my mind loves to go into rage.
Kids don't do chores come in and yell at them for hours.
Kids act up yell at them for hours.
Bad mood yell about it at everyone for hours and pick arguments with people trying to calm you down or getting angry themselves from the anger vibes.
Think nobody cares again yell at everyone.
Yell about lights being left on by kids.
Yell about doors not being closed by kids.
Yell about kids being kids and having a water fight in the gfd Summer when we're in Emmett Idaho with temperatures some days hitting 100+ fahrenheight cause we are a flipping desert state!
Yell at kids for being too noisy as people are trying to sleep. (gfd we all hated this one and are glad for the fact they are not hanging here atm cause less of that BS yelling now for us.)
Yell at everyone to move faster cause he's in a rush.
Yell at people thinking we do not care for his dog. (I'm at point I'll go living outside with his BBB, bringing out her food and water bowels and stay outside the whole day and night holding her leash until I am tanned so dang dark doctor's share the news that I have severe skin cancer due to spending too many long hours in the sun! Or people mistake me for a homeless person and call cops to remove me from my own home. may make a sign to wear/hold saying what's up.)
Yell about my bedroom's smell. (told him many times why it smells.)
Yell about the smell in the bathroom holding all those doggy pee towels to be washed. (again like my room case.)

So yeah... I'm honest feeling prepared for Mike to "become a drill sergeant." as I'm sure you catch my meaning, even with all the warnings we done. sweatdrop

I'm even mildly feeling prepared for them to all arrive here tomorrow as you know what July 21st is for me by now. (but just in case you have forgotten, or this is other people reading this post... for all your information about this July 21st is my birthday.) And little as I really want that to happen as it'll over excite their dog just for them to probably leave without her again, so we all got to suffer the sad howls of a pitbull baby it'll most likely be the case as they are related to us, know my birthday sadly, have six annoying kids whom will remind them, have my dang FB that will tell them, and etc they got ways of knowing my b.day is tomorrow so they could all come over randomly unannounced like most friends and family of mine in town here likes to do. (I got a few whom will call Travis now as I got no cellphone atm sadly, and say they're on their way but overall all just arrive randomly over here

Woo tomorrow celebrating 31 years of my life!

Tobi Kaito

Sweet Punk

28,275 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • The Sweetest 250

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2024 5:54 am

Tobi Kaito

I only finish the forum events out of an obsessive compulsion, usually. cat_sweatdrop Have to have the full set of items and all that. My tactics for the forum events are to refresh a page with a "boss" account on it every few minutes and attack when I can, and to comb through threads with a lot of pages to find offline accounts to attack. Less chance of retaliatory strikes or block list idiocy that way.

You're welcome to talk about whatever you want with me. I may be terrible at the whole "functioning adult" shtick, but I'm a fair listener. Your ancestry is similar to mine, by the way! I also have some French and Dutch, and possibly Russian on my maternal grandfather's side. He didn't really talk about the family background much, so it's all guess work, but a fair number of people with the family name seemed to have had roots in Russia, so the probability is more than zero, at least. Might be why he never really talked about our heritage, actually... It's daft to judge people by their bloodlines, though. We are not our however-many-greats grandparents' sins and should not be forced to bear judgment or punishment for things with which we had nothing to do.

Can commiserate on the two cats one litter box pain. One of my boys, in addition to being a picky priss about the states of the box he considers acceptable, has been having problems making it to the box recently. He pees in the box, but he's been leaving gross little "gifts" in the floor the past few days. He still poops in the box sometimes, though, so we're at a bit of a loss as to why this keeps happening. Best guesses so far are he's having trouble holding it all the way to the box (he is technically an old man cat at this point, being over thirteen years old), or maybe he ate something off the floor that he shouldn't have (I swear the little b*****d has pica; if it fits in his mouth and doesn't eat him first, he will do his damnedest to consume it).

Bleh, how can an apparently functional adult be so childish and unreasonable as he regularly demonstrates? I mean, especially yelling at the kids for being noisy at bedtime. Like, who is honestly causing the bigger problem here, and how is making more noise than the kids going to help anyone? At least you don't have to deal with him on the daily now, I suppose.

Hippie bird day to you~
(Do I take every opportunity I can to trot out this pun? Yes, yes I do. Do I feel any regret over it? No, none at all.)
Sorry you'll probably have to deal with the clan. Hopefully they'll bring cake to soften the blow. Or ice cream. Or, better yet, cake AND ice cream. You can also give them a good dressing-down in person over how they're treating their dog and interrogate them as to their plans for said dog! It's your birthday, surely you deserve some answers on your birthday.
Regardless of all that, though, hope you can manage to make part of it a good day, you deserve it!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2024 7:26 am

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2024 7:32 am

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:33 am

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100

Queen Spazzy

Vice Captain

Anxious Neko

42,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:04 am

It Even Comes In a Can! [[Spam Forum]]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games