Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:18 pm
Yeah... the few guilds I'm in seem to be snails pace just now confused which is not good... they were so alive not long ago

Either that or I'm in a massive rut in my life and can't be bothered with anything sad Seems to happen periodically  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:22 pm
^My other guild is the same way now. It was pretty active before I went on hiatus, but now...eh.

On another note...anyone have any ideas for an RP they want to start?

Atsuta

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:23 pm
STEAMPUNK!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:37 pm
Electric Kool-Aid
STEAMPUNK!!!

OMG HAI I haven't seen you in ages! -gluggle-

Ruined Horizon: Try the CSD guild in my sig. At the very least, you'll meet some cool people.

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:57 pm
*sneaks in and leans in to lightly rub the tip of his nose on the side of Eylios' neck in a slow upward trace* Hey darlin. You do realize that I am Ruined, right? wink

Steampunk sounds awesome, but I don't know how well I would do in it. I love the aesthetic, and enjoy Abney Park's music, but don't know enough about it to truly dive in. sweatdrop

I have long since given up on running . . . every time I try it ends up either dying far faster than I wished, or not even taking off. The only bit I had that worked took the basis of the Ronin Warriors (Yoyoraiden Samurai Troopers), and mixed in aspects from Mage: The Ascension, and the mask concept of Bionicle. That one did okay.

I also was really happy with the concept and work put into my shifters RP, but that one never lifted off. crying  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:56 am
I have a few ideas floating around, but I'm waiting on one of my Rp's finishing. (Rare thing that...) I should (hopefully) be able to start my next project near the end of November.  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:22 am
Electric Kool-Aid
STEAMPUNK!!!

I've been working on one for the best part of a month, no one seemed interested though xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:44 am
Seems you have at least one. 3nodding

I wonder what happened to Krome. She seemed interested in trying out that Green Lantern RP, and then disappeared.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Millenium Joker

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:05 pm
I've been gone because of Fallout: new Vegas..........

I'll be back within a few days, checking back occasionally.

Remember, just because I don't post doesn't mean I'm not lurking.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:23 pm
I'll get that game soon enough. Just will get it secondhand and not pay $60 for it. sweatdrop  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Atsuta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 am
Giyari
Electric Kool-Aid
STEAMPUNK!!!

I've been working on one for the best part of a month, no one seemed interested though xD

I would definitely join. I've been in a couple different steampunk RPs that worked out pretty well. Do you think you'll end up starting one?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:01 am
Atsuta
Giyari
Electric Kool-Aid
STEAMPUNK!!!

I would definitely join. I've been in a couple different steampunk RPs that worked out pretty well. Do you think you'll end up starting one?

Yeah, there's a description of a general thin plot a few pages back :3

Quoted for conveniance...
Giyari
SO, I know people were saying that there isn't many RP's for more experienced among us, and that there's been a few ideas floating around too.

Now I remember seeing that Bioshock trailer a while back and there was a bit of a buzz about it, so why don't we actually do it? Could be fun, steampunk isn't really a genre that RP ventures into much, so it could be quite interesting biggrin

I was inspired by that bioshock trailer, alchemy classes in 5schools (though I'm a little hesitant about including magic in a steampunk setting) and a song I like from a sound track lol. I also have a few Ideas about plots but nothing concrete yet...

rough back story
I kinda wanted to weave it into the multiverse that Articx and I have made by using the 'shard'. He suggested an 'animate shard', which can animate any inanimate object, possessed by an inventor who creates a fleet of household robots *cough hack8 irobot *COUGH* that run autonomously without the need to refuel. They work using power given to them by the animate shard, but are ultimately all still under the control of the original inventor. He abuses this by using the robots like a personal army, and since they've been distributed all around the world it doesn't take long for him to seize control.
Of course this is only an idea, not saying it has to be this.

rough setting, plot and characters
The setting could be anywhere. I think a city could maybe be too small, but I also think a country could be too enclosed... World wide might be too big as well, but it does open up more possibilities such as submarines and airships biggrin But over all it would be steampunk.
The objective of the RP would be to defeat the inventor, simple enough and not all too simple with the hordes of robots and other things in your path.
Our characters would consist of a team of individuals who have never trusted the robots of the inventor and even though the characters are of course each person's own creation, I was thinking having everyone being being various other inventors. The reason being that if your character is just some citizen then there's a high chance of them missing out on any wonderful and fabulous gadgets, and we don't want that!

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Atsuta

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:09 pm
Bioshock-inspired? That could definitely turn into something cool. I really like how dark that game is.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:01 pm
The moral ambiguity, the dark subject matter, just about everything of that game is golden. 3nodding Personally, I think my favorite is the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2. Now that s**t got DARK!!!  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:28 am
Wow . . . got deathly quiet in here . . .  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3691 3692 3693 3694 3695 3696 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games