Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:03 am
Because I know a guy that might be willing to pay a handsome sum for that . . . ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:45 am
I was thinking of opening an art shop, but the only reason I have so much time on my hands NOW is because I happen to have a four day weekend - Monday is teacher work day, and then Tuesday is election day.

I've never done commissions, so I have no idea how to price myself, as awkward as that sounds.

AND YES I CAN DRAW LIKE THAT.

http://welian.deviantart.com/

I take it we missed the "art student" classification along the line, huh?

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:42 pm
daaaaaaaaaaamn . . . I just wondered 'cause I could use some art of an OC from Bleach. Your tagline was missed, indeed . . . but doesn't mean your work isn't appreciated now.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:29 am
Halloween Costumes (no I don't have huge bruises on my arm, it's supposed to be engine grease...) Ayup.  

Electric Kool-Aid

Panpear

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 am
Magni Prime
Well, I did end up getting ears after all- dead ears. Mickey skull face with ears decorated with cobwebs. I did see many people with the bride and groom ears, but thought them rather tacky.

(That's probably the main reason we didn't get those bride/groom ears. Especially when Disney was pretty much just handing out 'celebration' buttons that had 'just married' on them. We came home with lots of buttons.)

Magni Prime
That is me, the wife, my two kids, and a niece and nephew. We took them along for the ride because they never got out of the state before, so we went across the country. Was a once-in-a-lifetime trip for them, and they seemed to really enjoy it.

That was nice of you to take them. :3

Eylios - that drawing is totally awesome! (I too have missed the 'art student' classification).

I just quickly trolled the mini-shop forums, and for a color of that quality I think you could charge 200k-300k+, depending on the coloring or the pose, or if you think it was worth your time. I think 100k-200k would be lowballing the market for similar works, though my sampling may be off.

B&W line work or sketches would be less, of course, probably around 100k for clean line work and maybe 50k for sketch line work. And all those prices assume full-body poses. Half-body and headshots would be less, as I assume they're easier. XD

If you're too busy to open a shop, what may work better is to troll people looking for commissions. There are lots of threads with people saying 'looking for X to be drawn, have XXXk funds available'. That way you know they could pay you. All you really need is to show 'examples' of what your commission style is; which pretty much means you only need to copy/paste the same information and wait for a taker. And you'd only need to do that when you actually have time to draw, AND you can avoid commissions you'd rather not do!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:39 pm
Always looking for avi art, and still trolling for OC arts! 3nodding  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:11 pm
I could.... possibly take you up on that offer.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:00 am
Just one of many offers you could take him up on.  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:19 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:39 am
Electric Kool-Aid
Halloween Costumes (no I don't have huge bruises on my arm, it's supposed to be engine grease...) Ayup.

Nice biggrin
Halloween lasted 2 days for me, was mental lol
XXX I'm the guy furthesr to the right... Yes I did look like that all night XD and no, I haven't been cut out of the picture biggrin  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:52 am
Eylios
I was thinking of opening an art shop, but the only reason I have so much time on my hands NOW is because I happen to have a four day weekend - Monday is teacher work day, and then Tuesday is election day.

I've never done commissions, so I have no idea how to price myself, as awkward as that sounds.

AND YES I CAN DRAW LIKE THAT.

http://welian.deviantart.com/

I take it we missed the "art student" classification along the line, huh?

I'd haaaappily pay for some Ava art from you :O cause you're pretty good biggrin
Only problem is I don't feel like I have enough DX
Could maybe give you some sort of cash shop item for one though :3

I mean that is if you're up for doin one? User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:25 am
Hold up there, Noob Saibot! I was first in line for commissions, if she is up for em. wink

My costume was perfect. I went as a person that gives a s**t at work. stare  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:16 am
Am I the only one that smiled when the fact came to my attention that our guild has . . . 666 members for Halloween? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:08 pm
Whuuuuuuut?  

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:17 pm
Yeah, I just noticed that today, and had to laugh. blaugh  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3694 3695 3696 3697 3698 3699 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games