Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:53 am
I adore that series. Wish I knew why . . . but I do.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:50 am
Perhaps the mechs, the strategy, the cat-and-mouse, the progression . . . I just love the series as a whole so much! heart heart heart  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:42 pm
Amen to that. <3  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:48 am
I love the character development and the plot, I've not seen a plot as gripping for a long time razz
And just, yeah... It's awesome  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:46 am
I particularly love the evolution of the relationship between Suzaku and Lelouch. From friends, to adversaries, to hated foes, to allies, and ultimately close friends again. A great dynamic. I also loved the way they handled Euphemia to be a catalyst for so many major characters! Cornelia, Lelouch, Suzaku, Nina, and even Schniezel in a way.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:21 am
Yeah, and the plans Lelouch had all the way throuh it were, wow! XD
Even when it looked like things were goin into the shitter it turnned out he PLANNED it to lol, bloody mind warp and a half, specially cause by doing that you never know if he's a good guy or not nd if you really should be rooting for him...  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:09 pm
Yeah, the ending blew my mind away. Throughout the whole series, Lelouch kind of came off as a heroic douchebag, but in the end, you see that's what he planned all along... How the hell do you do that? Btw, Nunnally's little bit at the end was uber sad, especially because somehow she got to see that her brother wasn't the world's biggest a*****e.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:59 pm
One could say that was her Geass . . . though she never was given one. She could see the truth of things as long as she touched the individual's skin. Only Lelouch and Suzaku seemed to realize it, though. She did love her brother . . . so very much. And to see he literally destroyed everything- including himself, all for her. That is heartbreaking. I also loved that Nunally and he had the same idea. He used himself as a focal point, she tried to use the Damocles. Love that reference for the sky fortress!!!

As for his failures, I don't think everything was planned. Still, as a master strategist, he was able to turn the disadvantage into an advantage. As for his alignment in the series, I never thought of him as anything more than unscrupulous. A dark side of selfish . . . he was out for himself above almost all others. Only Nunally and Euphemia had a higher rank in his mind. I still feel a wellspring of emotion when Euphy fell a victim and had to be put down. crying crying crying

Probably the oddest recurring theme is that the only true opponent to Lelouch was . . . his best friend. When they were on opposite sides, neither made any real progress against the other. When they worked together, nothing- nothing stood in their way.

On a side note The Megas is an interesting find!  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Talon StarDrifter

Aged Citizen

11,650 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:32 pm
Oh don't even get me started on those two (Suzaku and Lelouch). Both thought their own ways were right, and neither of them were, really. I do agree they were really kickass when they worked together, especially in the last episode. Beautiful. <3

Euphemia was really awesome and I couldn't believe Lelouch accidentally geass'd her. That was a really powerful episode, and it was so sad to see her go that way.

He did seem very much an a** in the second season... I felt really bad for Rolo, even if he did kill Shirley (another "WTF?!"/sobfest moment) because he srsly loved Lelouch. Which Lelouch totally didn't deserve.

What really threw me was when he basically spat in the face of his mother and father. THAT s**t was awesome. The whole "humanity's collective consciousness" was a freaking awesome idea.

User Image

^ One of the best scenes in the series.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:13 am
Magni Prime

On a side note The Megas is an interesting find!

Nice razz

And yeah, Code Geass really is awesome lol  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:50 am
Annother interesting and supprisingly good find razz
XXX  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:50 am
Giyari, I raise you THIS.  

welian

Crew

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:56 am
One was blinded with the system, the other was blinded for the system. Both characters were deeply flawed, and yet managed to work the world to their needs. I personally respected both of their positions. They were just awesome characters overall. The antithesis of the 'mary sue.'

As for tearjerkers, oh yes! Euphemia was such a sad episode. Lelouch had even said he'd change his plans to include the special zone. She could have made Suzaku work with the Black Knights so much earlier. Instead the worst possible time for Geass to evolve happened. That was a true tragedy, and a high point for the series for emotional involvement. As for Shirley, she was almost as tragic. Falling for him over and over again . . . and then dying in his arms. Damn . . .

As for what he did against Charles and Marianne, what else could he do? His whole life had been spent trying to make a better future- looking to the future. Charles and Marianne wanted the world to stop and revel in their own memories.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:48 am
I
AM
ALIVE!

DX

I've been sick.... and I HATE my head cold!  

Millenium Joker

Hilarious Lunatic

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:53 am
I think it's still a toss up between Rolo and Mao for who has the best geass though. Time freeze or mind reading (sort of). The down side to each power was well explained and integrated through the show as well. A truely magnificent anime.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3696 3697 3698 3699 3700 3701 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games