Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply VIP RP
~Switcheroo~(1x1)~(Turningly Filled)~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:01 pm
Elryn watched the other rise and took an instinctive step back, watching Dimitri all the while. At the words, he cringed slightly before moving back a little. "And you will. That's why I'm here, I've been trying to find you so that you could get your body back. But what happened..it wasn't what you think! I've wanted to explain that too-"

"Explain what?" growled Derrick from the bed, "You're the one that made Dimitri a dog..and you stole his body!"

Elryn paled slightly, "It wasn't like that!" he looked to Dimitri and held his hands up placatingly, "Will you just..sit..and let me explain, Dimitri, please?"  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:17 pm
"You sit, and explain, cousin," Dimitri said. "As you can imagine, I'm not exactly in the mood to sit still." He was already pacing the floor waiting on Elryn to begin to attempt to explain himself.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:40 pm
Elryn grimaced before mumbling, "I'll stand.." he looked chastised, oddly reminiscent of the old days when Elryn had been Dimitri's apprentice and Dimitri had been his teacher.

Elryn paused a moment to collect his thoughts before starting. "I guess I should start with Ayla...I thought I loved her Dimitri, you know that..she meant so much to me, I just wanted to make her happy..to keep her safe. But I've always loved you, more than I ever thought I loved her. Your all the family I've got, Dimitri." his tone became slightly sad before normalizing as he continued. "Whenever you weren't teaching me magicks, I was off to see her..I thought she loved me too. And then," his expression hardened, "Richam came." Dimitri's rival and enemy. "He kidnapped Ayla, he swore he'd make her his whore and then kill her if I didn't give him something..the Switcheroo..I told Ayla about them, I didn't mean it to cause trouble..and I wasn't thinking at the time about how Richam found out..he told me as well that I had..to kill you and prove I'd done it.." Elryn shuddered slightly.

"And then you said that you were going to destroy them..I couldn't let you..and I knew you weren't exactly fond of Ayla, and I thought if I asked..you wouldn't help me. And I knew your magick was stronger than mine, so I couldn't just take them..so I used your own magick against you with the Switcheroo. I was desperate..and..That way, I wouldn't have to hurt you either! That's why I put you in Rue," Dimitri's dog. "Then I could do an imprint of your body and it would seem dead since all the magick was gone from it..I put you outside so that if he came by, he wouldn't find you..I was trying to protect you, Dimitri, I swear..I figured I'd be back within a few hours and could make things right again. I used my copy magick." Every magick user had a special talent, Elryn's was the copy art. He could use any spell, or make his magick match any level he saw. But with his training, he could do it only once per copy. Once he used his stored copy, he'd have to copy the thing again to have the power. After training for many more years, he should have been able to make copys permanent or at least last for more than once.

"I brought the necklaces to Richam..and Ayla came out..she was smirking and pleased and went right up to Richam and hung on his shoulder." his hands clenched. "She never loved me..she was Richam's all the time, it was all a trick. I tried to leave, but he put a magickal binding collar on me and took the necklaces. They locked me in the dungeons and left me to rot, thinking that you were dead and the necklaces were theirs. I found Giamonde and explained what had happened, he tried to go to you but they caught him. He punched Richam right in the face, he was trying so hard to come to help you. But Ayla turned him into a toad and threw him from a window, expecting he'd die. He did not, and two days later, he'd found a way into my cell. I used blood magick to restore his form and together we got the collar off of me, and then I helped him get his off.. We headed upstairs and were found by Richam and Ayla. We were ready then, and we started spell casting. But Richam soon tired of anything like fair play and he brought forth a void portal." A portal that was much like a black hole, simply leading to non-existence.

"Our magicks were all about and began mixing, and it struck the hole. There was a huge explosion and the portal began sparking. We tried a last ditch effort, things were so crazed..and then Richam came at me with a sword, Giamonde stepped in and took the blade's stab..saving me. Ayla cursed him then, I didn't catch the full curse but it involved the Demon's Wrath." A spell that inserted demon aura from the world around and forced them into a body. The happier a person got, the more the magick awoke and slowly changed the victim into an actual demon. And meanwhile, the demon aura would corrupt and infect the person until they changed or went mad. Any bad acts committed in the body would also help awaken the demon. It was a terrible curse and once one had it..it was almost impossible to escape.

"And then mine and Richam's magicks hit and the portal as well..there was another huge explosion..the castle crumbled and it was then that the rumor started about you being dead and the big fight and whatnot..when the smoke cleared..Richam and Ayla were gone, Giamonde was nowhere to be found..and the Switcheroo were missing. I headed home, intending to find you and use the Switcheroo spell I had copied to restore you..but you were gone, I couldn't find you anywhere..I searched the whole night and the next morning until I collapsed from exhaustion from the search and the battle..when that failed, I tried magick..but no matter how hard I scryed for you, I could not find you..no traces..so then I decided I'd try a Reversal Summons.."

Elryn grimaced again, and rightly so. It was a difficult spell, something that a wizard like Elryn who'd only just starting learning the middle magicks would never have even been allowed to think of attempting had Dimitri been around. The spell was often used in summoning the spirits of the dead, which made it already bad to try to summon Dimitri with, but it was also used theoretically to restore the dead or a wandering spirit to the body, although it was temporary. "I prepared for three years for the spell..I was thirty-two by then," little more than a child in wizarding standards. "I thought I was ready..and I felt so awful Dimitri..I was so worried about you." Tears entered his eyes and he wiped at them quickly, "I didn't care about anything but fixing what I'd done..I was such a fool..so I decided to use the Reversal Summons and add the Switcheroo I'd copied at the end so that it would be permanent..but it went wrong. A portal to the magickal ether opened," a void made purely of magick and spirit. "Rather than summon you, it tried to take me. The ether was taking my soul from my body and turning my body into spirit..I didn't know how to stop it, my magick wasn't strong enough.." A few more tears trickled down his cheeks, "I thought I was going to die, and then I used the Switcheroo spell I'd copied at the last moment and switched into your body. The ether took Rue's soul, and my body.."

Elryn put a hand to his eyes for a moment before finishing quietly in a sad voice. "I had no way to get my body back..no way to find you..and without the necklaces, I couldn't switch you back even if I found you..but I didn't stop searching..I've been all over trying to find you, any trace of you..and then I felt the magick of the Switcheroo being used..it's how I found you now..so late..your my cousin, Dimi..my family..I love you..I should have been protecting you, I should have been taking care of you..I should have just trusted you..I'm so sorry.." he slid to the floor on his knees, putting his palms on the ground as his body shuddered slightly with silent sobs. Elryn really had regretted what he done, and he loved his cousin more than anyone else..he'd lost his body trying to save him.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:16 pm
Dimitri tried to hold his stern demeanor, but when Elryn fell to his knees, it began to melt away. "Get up, cousin," he said a little less frosty than he had spoken to him before. "I told you that wretch wasn't worth your time. Perhaps next time you'll listen," he said with a weak smile as he helped his cousin to his feet.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:24 pm
Elryn heard that and swallowed hard, wiping at his eyes before feeling himself being helped up. At the last bit, his brow furrowed slightly and he said firmly, "There won't be a next time." And then he couldn't help but come forward and wrap his arms around Dimitri tightly, "I'm so sorry, Dimitri. And praise that Gods that you're okay..I was worried that..that.." he inhaled sharply and it seemed he might start to cry again at the thought of his cousin's death, but he just clenched his hands on Dimitri's shirt a little and exhaled, quieting as he looked up at Dimitri and finished with a soft, "I hope someday you'll be able to forgive me..cousin."

User Image (Elryn in his true form)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:45 pm
Dimitri held his cousin tightly. "Its alright Elryn," he said, comforting his cousin. "We're both safe. And I do forgive you. We're family and we have to stick together," he said, patting the other on the back.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:53 pm
Elryn felt himself being held, and he closed his eyes for a moment to allow himself to be comforted. He nodded against Dimitri, "Thank you, Dimi..I was a fool before, and I don't claim not to be one now, but I'll never betray you again Dimitri, not even accidentally." he vowed. Elryn leaned and pressed a cousin's kiss upon Dimitri's cheek, before pulling away as he looked to the Switcheroo around Dimitri's neck. His expression became solemn and then firm, "It's long past time you had your body back."

Derrick had been watching the whole thing play out, and he'd pitied Elryn at the story. He seemed to genuinely love his cousin. But that didn't mean he'd give up his body to the other. "Dimitri will get his body, but you're not getting mine." he said warningly and to his surprise, Elryn seemed almost amused and chuckled wryly.

Elryn nodded, "I didn't know he'd switched with someone else..but I knew what would be my fate before I came. Dimitri will have his body, you'll have yours..and I'll take Rue's body. This is my fault anyway, I should be the one stuck with that body." he said quietly.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:11 pm
"Thanks, El," Dimitri said softly. "And I promise...you won't be stuck like that for long. We'll find you a body." He embraced Elryn once more, unable to believe that finally...after all these years...he was going to be himself again. "So, D...you and I need to switch back first. And then El and I will switch," he said, working the pattern out in his head.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:17 pm
Elryn heard his nickname and smiled, hugging his cousin back. "No..I don't want to take someone elses body.." And he skipped ahead to distract from his words, "Sounds like a plan." he said with some false cheeriness.

(gotta go to work early dropping my bro off at work ,byezzzz <3)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:18 pm
Dimitri felt a sadness pass through him. "We'll try, though," he assured him. "In the meantime, with someone like Derrick here...being a dog is really not bad," he added, smiling at Derrick. Picking up his friend and holding him close, he held his necklace out towards the other. "Ready buddy?" he asked.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:36 pm
Elryn watched the exchange between Derrick and Dimitri and realized something..they seemed close. Very close. Could they be-

Derrick smiled back at Dimitri's words, "Ready Rowdy." he replied with a playful growl as he licked Dimitri's cheek, probably for the last time. Elryn came forward and helped Derrick join his piece of the necklace and stepped back as the Switcheroo went to work. Derrick felt the now familiar cold and darkness, and then when his eyes opened, he was looking down at Dimitri as Rowdy once again. He smiled and kissed Dimitri's nose before slipping his necklace off and holding it out to Elryn.

Elryn looked at it a moment before taking it. For a moment, he simply stared at the half of the necklace until Derrick was worried he'd changed his mind. But then a smile curved Elryn's lips to Derrick's surprise and the cousin came forward, leaning to press a kiss to Dimitri's head and murmur in the other's ear, "I have always loved you above anyone else, Dimitri. My cousin, my teacher, my friend, my family.."

It sounded oddly like he was saying good bye.. And then he placed the necklace around the neck and felt a cold, dark feeling. When he opened his eyes, he was seeing things smaller and felt himself being held in Derrick's arms, and he looked to Dimitri's body to see if all had gone well.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:46 pm
After both switches, Dimitri looked down at himself and smiled. Happily, he wrapped his arms around Derrick, trying not to squish Elryn. He couldn't believe it was real...after all these years...he was himself again.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:55 pm
Derrick grinned and slipped Elryn out and onto the bed, reaching to wrap his arms around Dimitri as well and give him a tight, long overdue hug. "Good to see ya, little buddy." he said playfully and sincerely, smiling brightly at Dimitri.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:00 pm
Dimitri couldn't stop smiling. "Good to be seen," he replied with a chuckle. He held on tight to Derrick, never wanting to let him go.  

The Lacey Bear

WitchAlchemist
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Derrick laughed and leaned his head against Dimitri's. "Well jeese, how am I supposed to have the advantage in pushing you into the pool now?"

"Elryn, stop!" the agitated voice came from Giamonde, a turtle once more and looking right at Elryn the dog.

Elryn blinked in surprise, "Monty.." But seeing the attention on him, he quickly finished what he was doing. Apparently he'd dropped an item on the bed, it appeared much like a bracelet with odd stones and jewels, a teleport bracelet. He had slipped it onto his wrist and he looked now to Dimitri with apologetic eyes. "May you have all the happiness and more that my foolishness denied you, I love you, my cousin." With that, Elryn bit down on his paw and let a little blood swell, bringing the blood to the teleportation bracelet before anyone could object and suddenly disappearing. Elryn was gone. And due to the nature of the bracelet, it would be impossible to follow his transportation trail.  
VIP RP

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games