Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
.::Introduce Yourself (or face a life of lurking...)::. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:25 pm
Pen, I welcome you with open arms.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 2:44 pm
hi i'm akureifang
age 16
female in real life don't ask i felt like being a male avatar on gaia lol
um i live in canada ....manitoba go canadians woot blaugh  

xxvampirexninjaxx

AboveSkies

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:23 pm
I am Douglas, i'm 21.

I was a former Christian until I realize all of the loopholes with Christianity, and the contradictions. I do admire Jesus and the things he's done, but I do not believe he is a God. I am not a complete atheist, I personally believe there probably is something out there that balances the universe. I am more into the whole Gaia hypothesis [founded in the 1980's by new agers. It was also in the video game "Final Fantasy VII" ] For atleast that has some supporting beliefs to it, and doesn't require you to live a certain life just because of a hypocritical God.

Thats me pretty much.  
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:34 pm
Hello, I am Murasame, 15, I used to believe very deeply in the bible until I began to ask myself some questions mainly about the many contradictions in the bible. My parents didn't take to well to the fact that I didn't believe in god., but hopefully they got over it. As stated by many people, I agree with Jesus' message of peace, While I believe it to be a good one, I also believe that some Christians should practice what they preach.  

Dissnitive Blade

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:42 pm
Murasame, you've been posting forever and you're just now getting around to your intro? Shame on you!

For the rest, I send hearty welcomes.

...okay, to Murasame, too! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:06 am
Hello there. If you're lazy like me just skip the "HUEG" paragraphs below and just read the basic facts right here.
I am Amanda, or Mani. Ones offline, ones online. xd
Anyways.
I'm 20.
I like anime, manga, metal music, video games, sci-fi, sudoku, procrastinating, surfing the internet, being lazy, yeah thats it.
Got an awesome boyfriend (hes on Gaia but only logs on when I really want him to), we are awesome rational, logical free thinkers, especially him since hes a mathematician heart . I identify more with the "agnostic atheist" view of things, and he...well I know he totally shares the same views but doesn't really label himself. I've never felt the need to ask, I guess I've just assumed.
My family, I see them as mostly...well my dad I think hes agnostic. My mom, eh. Well her mom was Catholic, but my mom as far as I know never really followed that. I would just say shes agnostic or just apathetic, cus I don't know what she believes in if she does or if she cares.
When I was in middle school, well actually it started in 5th grade. Some church lady went around I guess looking for kids to pick up, to warp their minds ya know? Ooo lets get the little ones, and bus them to church! Yeah, but I mostly just fooled around, until in middle school my best friend at the time was a devout Christian. I went to church with her, it was a youth group pretty much. I was ya know, sucked in and all. Until she left town. Then I stopped going. I'm lazy. And just, over time my belief in a god faded. So now in my college age I've come to take pride and comfort in being able to think logically and rationally; think outside the box as my logic teacher said.
I think whats really pushed me to this point recently is just all of the fundies and the hypocrisy and flaws of religion and stuff. They drive me nuts. But the fundies, they're great fun to just make fun of; much love to FSTDT. heart
Okay so I've probably rambled on quite a bit.
Picture O Me (really recent)
Me & Mah Dude(2005)  

GlitteringGalaxy

Sparkly Nerd

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:01 pm
Theophrastus
Murasame, you've been posting forever and you're just now getting around to your intro? Shame on you!

For the rest, I send hearty welcomes.

...okay, to Murasame, too! biggrin

Better late than never I guess, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:13 pm
Hello guild! I'm DekoratedEmergencee, love me or hate me. wink ...but I'd prefer if you love me. blaugh  

Rabid Robot

Toxic Water Bottles

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 12:28 pm
Hallo all, I just recognized myself as Atheist and I want a place to feel welcome. surprised  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 9:05 pm
Welcome to all of the new people! Hope to see ya around. ^^  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Theophrastus

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:30 pm
Are those the kittens God smites due to peoples' dirty habits?  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:30 am
Hello all. smile

My name is Christina (lol rite?), I'm 23 and currently reside in Knoxville Tennessee. I live with my also Athiest boyfriend and our two kitties. I just graduated from college with a social work degree and I am working on my Master's now.

I grew up in a Primitive Baptist home. I used to lie awake at night terrified that I was going to do something to piss off God and if I died in my sleep I would go to hell. What kind of thing is that to do to a child? Around my teen years I realized how illogical it all was. How none of it made sense. All the hypocrisy, the lies, arbitrary rules, contradictions. I went through bouts with every religion, finally settling on Paganism, then Agnosticism, and finally, Athieism.

Piccy of mes. biggrin
User Image
User Image  

Satil

Dissnitive Blade

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 4:59 pm
Theophrastus
Are those the kittens God smites due to peoples' dirty habits?

That just made me laugh lol.  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:33 pm
Hi, I'm Myrphomatic (Myrph for short usually), i only just found the introduction thingy, so apologies for the lateness....

I'm 16, live in the UK, was born pseudo-christian (was never baptised/christened because my parents wanted me to have to freedom to choose (YAY)) and became atheist soon after i learnt what the word meant!!

Although I don't believe i a 'God', i believe we each have a purpose, which it is our duty to fulfil, and i also believe in stuff like the soul, and most of what happens in Terry Pratchets Discworld books!! ;p

I turned a fully-fledged atheist after reading 'The God Delusion' and have set myself the goal of reading most of the works of Richard Dawkins and his Atheist peers, along with some of the works of christians trying (hopelessly i might add ;p) to defend their faith!!

so yeah, hello to everyone!! nice to meet y'all razz  

Myrphomatic

Calypsophia

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:13 am
hey, I just got added this morning. just wanted to say a real quick hello, as I have to get to work. I'll explore the forum and post more when I get home sometime this evening.

have a good day, all!

Lori aka lilraine  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 59 60 61 62 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games