Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:43 am
Eylios
There's a glitchy supercomputer on the loose and almost no one taking advantage of it just yet. That seems a little... strange.

Well, send me a PM, and I'll take a look at what you want to see happen and what I can come up with.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:54 am
In a bit, I got chores to do. But lemme tell ya, I play a mean damsel in distress.  

welian

Crew

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:48 pm
Well, I play a cerebral character- anxious to prove I'm better than others. *considers pulling his current favorite character from the Bleach RP and putting him in this area minus his shimigami powers, of course*  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:27 am
I dont even know what characters I play XD
Either verging on insane evil dudes, or happy go lucky cheeky peeps ninja  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:25 am
Mine tend to be very down-to-earth and stubborn, or highly intellectual. either Selfish, or just plain mean. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:56 pm
I go for the Practical Opportunists and Rogueish characters, and occasionally a more useless character cause they're fun. I play a lot of similar characters with the occasional one that's very random I think. I try to make them different, but while I feel I'm a fairly strong writer, I'm a less strong character developer methinks. It's all good  

Electric Kool-Aid

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:05 pm
I haven't RPed in so long I can hardly remember. However, in the ongoing D&D games run by my roommate at college, I've been playing characters (one in each successive game) based on the seven deadly sins. Not a terribly creative lot, but I've had a ton of fun twisting the usual archetypes in some unexpected ways.

*rummages through some old text files that contain character profiles for RPR RPs* It looks like a played quite the variety, though nothing that strayed too far from normal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:30 pm
My characters tend to be foils. I look at what characters already exist in a story, and use those attributes to create a character that will make everyone go "WTF".  

welian

Crew

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:03 pm
Yeah, a lot of my character development comes from what's missing from a storyline or set of characters. It's fun to do some totally oddball stuff.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:30 am
Ahhh, tabletop games. How I miss you.

I remember once sitting in on a one-on-one to catch a friend up in the timeline. To help out, I gave my talents to an NPC or two, only to voice them and give interaction. It lead to an epic laugh. The character had just taken down a cyclops to gain access to the orc tribes. He was an orc already, but the whole rite of battle kind of thing. After he won, the group were all screaming in approval when the cloaked leader of this group appeared- obviously not an orc.

Leader: *monotone* You killed one of my cyclops.

Orc Chief: *roaring in pride* We have initiated this one into the tribe!

Orc Chief: As one of us he need never stand alone on the field of battle! *roars of approval from the tribe*

Orc Chief: *still roaring, happy as all get-out* As a member of our tribe, his glories are shared upon ALL of us, and ours upon HIM!

Leader: *stern voice* You don't understand. You killed one of my cyclops.

Orc Chief: *still smiling, drawing out the beginning of the word* Yyyyyyyyes.  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Panpear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:56 am
Haha, nice one.

Most of my characters tend to be... um.... happy? Clueless? Sometimes silly? If I don't send in one of my archtype characters, I also tend to try to 'fill in the gaps' based on what characters are already there.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:12 am
Nice one panpear . . . you've shorted out the avatar system . . . instead of a blank, I had a link to 'avatar'! rofl  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Panpear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:12 pm
XD nice.

I suppose I should resave my avatar sometime, since I -do- have the zombie skin and all.

But... then I can't be a random link? lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:20 pm
One thing is for certain, Panpear . . . you have the most unique avatar that I have ever seen. Ever. Nobody can cosplay that easily- if at all. Now being the only unique one across all of Gaia? That's saying something.

Just don't try zOMG with that thing. rofl  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:00 pm
I don't try to fill in the gaps so much as I try to make my character different enough from everyone else's characters.

Yeah, tabletopping really scratches my roleplaying itch, so to speak.

That'd be hilarious to see someone at a convention wearing a white box with a little red x in the corner. xd  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3723 3724 3725 3726 3727 3728 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games