Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yin Yun Yang

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:59 pm
Whee, videogames.

Lots of fun they are for me, I play them quite rigourously. Not really, I just wanted that to rhyme.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:04 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I'm not the type to use gameshark. Instead, what I do with a lot of RPGs is I'd be over half way, and if I don't like something, I'd start a new game. I'm so notorious for doing that. I restarted Pokemon about 3 times before I actually beat the Elite Four.

Well, I at least hope you beat MGS3.

I usually don't resort to the gameshark or a strategy guide unless I feel like I really need it.

Restarting the game? I can't imagine myself doing that for most games, but kudos to you for having the patience. smile

I haven't played MGS3 yet. crying I haven't played too much of the first MGS either. I only played a demo of the PS1 version years ago, and then I've rented the GC version, but I can't remember how far I got (I think I met Meryl...but I'm not sure. confused ).

Now...should I order the Porkchops or the Chickenheart Chicken Fingers? question  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:06 pm
Yeah, well, with RPGs you get to do certain things differently, so I got to explore those options.

But... If you have so little experience with MGS, then a lot of things in MGS4 will fly right over your head. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:24 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, well, with RPGs you get to do certain things differently, so I got to explore those options.

But... If you have so little experience with MGS, then a lot of things in MGS4 will fly right over your head. confused

I know there's stuff online that I can read that will help me out with understanding the story more, but I want to experience it through playing the games. I have a lot more fun with a game if I don't know what's going to happen. I can still have fun with a game if I already know the story, but the feeling isn't the same...

I do know some stuff that's already happened though (like Snake finding out Naomi is actually a spy and that she injected him with the FOXDIE virus), so I'm not fully in the dark when it comes to the MGS storyline. sweatdrop

I don't have the money to buy the collection at the moment (with the collection I'll be getting another copy of MGS2, but the one I currently have isn't Substance so it works out), so I might have to resort to getting it by not the most legal of methods... ninja  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:27 pm
Yeah, but actually, the events that happened in MGS3 play a vital significance to MGS4, so you might wanna be caught up on that.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, but actually, the events that happened in MGS3 play a vital significance to MGS4, so you might wanna be caught up on that.

Thanks for the advice. 3nodding

My favorite scene in 4 so far is when Sunny was serving eggs to Otakon and Snake. razz  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:33 pm
Well, luckily you're not too far into it yet. But I really suggest you catch up on MGS3 before you play Act 3.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:40 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, luckily you're not too far into it yet. But I really suggest you catch up on MGS3 before you play Act 3.

So I don't get lost right? Okay, thanks. 3nodding  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:42 pm
Well yeah. Of course, if you actually play MGS3, not only will you not get lost, but you'll also get the ol', "Holy s**t! Wow! What a twist!" Which you probably won't get as much if you just read about it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well yeah. Of course, if you actually play MGS3, not only will you not get lost, but you'll also get the ol', "Holy s**t! Wow! What a twist!" Which you probably won't get as much if you just read about it.

Kay, now I definitely have to play it. lol

I love big twists. smile  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:53 pm
And MGS is always good for those.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:58 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
And MGS is always good for those.

What's up with the tv channels in the beginning? Are all of the actors the voice actors as well (I know David Hayter was in one of them)?

I also noticed there's two Hideo channels, but nothing comes up on them. Yet.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:05 pm
Well, the thing about them is that they made like, fake shows and fake commercials to kind of show you what the world of MGS has become like. So in essence, those are commercials that you'd see if you were living in that world.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:07 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, the thing about them is that they made like, fake shows and fake commercials to kind of show you what the world of MGS has become like. So in essence, those are commercials that you'd see if you were living in that world.

That's some pretty dull programming then. sweatdrop

Well, I haven't fully watched the cooking show yet, but that one looked funny.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:10 pm
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. And of course, it's always nice to see the voice actors. In the gameshow one, the husband in the audience is the voice of Otacon.

I was pleased to see that for once, Gamespot and IGN had their heads OUT of their asses, and actually gave MGS4 a 10, like it deserves.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games