Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, it's pretty awesome. And of course, it's always nice to see the voice actors. In the gameshow one, the husband in the audience is the voice of Otacon.

I was pleased to see that for once, Gamespot and IGN had their heads OUT of their asses, and actually gave MGS4 a 10, like it deserves.

He was Otacon? xd Let me guess, the old woman talking to David Hayter plays Eva? If so, she seems like a good choice for her. 3nodding

I don't like Gamespot or IGN that much. I use 1up for my game news/reviews. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:19 pm
I can't remember, actually. I suck with faces. I need to watch that making of feature again, to be sure.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:27 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I can't remember, actually. I suck with faces. I need to watch that making of feature again, to be sure.

lol That's fine. I can't remember faces too well myself.

About the possible MGS movie... I heard that Kojima said he was going to pick the director himself. He seriously needs to pick Hayter. *chuckle*  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:29 pm
I'd rather see Hayter PLAY Snake than direct the movie. Anyone else who would play Snake, would never capture that legendary voice.
And Hayter looks enough like Snake. I mean, he's got the general look.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:36 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
I'd rather see Hayter PLAY Snake than direct the movie. Anyone else who would play Snake, would never capture that legendary voice.
And Hayter looks enough like Snake. I mean, he's got the general look.

I was thinking that if Hayter directs then Hugh Jackman should play Snake. But either way, he really needs to be part of the production. 3nodding

David Hayter that is.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:37 pm
Well, we'll see what happens. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, we'll see what happens. Either way, I'm looking forward to it.

Deffinitely.

BTW, here's a MGS "Dream Cast" taken from an old OPM article (Feb. 2002):

Solid Snake: Hugh Jackman
Liquid Snake: Hugh Jackman
Solidus Snake: John Malkovich
Raiden: Forbes March
Meryl: Sarah Michelle Gellar
Otacon: James Spader
Colonel Campbell: Ed Harris
Ocelot: Rade Serbedzija
Fortune: Lil' Kim (XD)
Emma: Rachael Leigh Cook
Ninja: Jet Li
Sniper Wolf: Jolene Blalock

Again, this was from 2002. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:47 pm
Jet Li? Sarah Michelle Gellar? Definitely not.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:52 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Jet Li? Sarah Michelle Gellar? Definitely not.

Based off Meryl's sketch, I do see similarities, but there's no way she could play the part correctly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:53 pm
Yeah... Well, I'm assuming when one makes a dream cast, they should factor in acting abilities, not just appearance.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:17 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah... Well, I'm assuming when one makes a dream cast, they should factor in acting abilities, not just appearance.

That's true. Do you have any ideas on who should play the characters then?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:21 pm
Well, frankly, if I were to make a movie based on a game as legendary as Metal Gear, I'd like to audition and hire an unknown cast. I mean, we MGS fans know David Hayter, but he's not a famous actor or anything, so that's another reason he'd be perfect for the role. As for the other characters, I'd hire mostly a brand new cast. Although, actually, if you look at Paul Eiding, he also looks a lot like his character, (Campbell). I'd definitely look over the voice actors, and immediately hire any that fit the appearance of their characters.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:37 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, frankly, if I were to make a movie based on a game as legendary as Metal Gear, I'd like to audition and hire an unknown cast. I mean, we MGS fans know David Hayter, but he's not a famous actor or anything, so that's another reason he'd be perfect for the role. As for the other characters, I'd hire mostly a brand new cast. Although, actually, if you look at Paul Eiding, he also looks a lot like his character, (Campbell). I'd definitely look over the voice actors, and immediately hire any that fit the appearance of their characters.

With a big-name cast, it would gain publicity, but then all the attention would focus on the actors instead of the story. It would be best if the cast was pretty unknown.

I really like the Silent Hill movie over the Resident Evil movies because of the director. He actually played the games and catered it to the fans, not the mass, compared to Anderson who seemingly got his knowledge from a Wikipedia page.

Zombies+Bewbs+Explosions =/= Resident Evil  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:38 pm
Hey, at least Anderson still has Zombies, Umbrella and T-Virus in the movies.
Which is a lot more than I can say about what the Resident Evil games have become.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:52 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Hey, at least Anderson still has Zombies, Umbrella and T-Virus in the movies.
Which is a lot more than I can say about what the Resident Evil games have become.

The fact that they're now taking elements from the movies is what I find disturbing. confused

I'm still going to play 5 and I think I will enjoy the story, but I'm missing the zombies. I wish there was a way they could bring the old controls and zombies back (like in certain parts). I hate people bitching about the old controls. Back in the day there were many games with "tank" controls and no one bitched. The controls are odd, but you get used to them quickly.

I don't even think Mikami is working on 5 . I don't blame him after the s**t Capcom put him through during 4's release (like porting it to the PS2 against his wishes). Originally he intended 4 to be the final game in the series, but I'm sure Capcom told him no. I wish he would've stayed with the original plans for 4. The supernatural enemies looked really interesting.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games