Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:00 pm
All I'm saying is, it's a big pet peeve of mine when people complain that Anderson's movies are so different from the games, but they treat RE4 like it's the best game on the planet.
You know what it comes down to with those people, they're fanboys, simple as that. They'll kiss Capcom's a** and blindly adore anything that comes from them, but as soon as the franchise goes into someone else's hands, like Anderson's, they complain because he 'bastardized' the series.
When I started playing Resident Evil, I liked that it had an international super wealthy corporation, virus-created zombies, and movie-like gameplay style.
Well the way I see it is, the movies have zombies, Umbrella, and since it's a movie, it retains that movie-like quality. Obviously.

Resident Evil 4 got rid of Umbrella, got rid of Zombies, and made the camera over the shoulder, which makes it more like an action game, and less like an interactive movie.

So the way I see it is, Anderson stayed more true to the series than the creators of the series.

EDIT: Also, it's pretty common for games to take elements from the movies that aspired from them. You can see the evidence of it in Mortal Kombat, if you're familiar with both media. You can see it in Silent Hill 5, with the way the nurses were designed. So it's not uncommon. You just gotta learn to do it right. Which Capcom hasn't.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:31 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
All I'm saying is, it's a big pet peeve of mine when people complain that Anderson's movies are so different from the games, but they treat RE4 like it's the best game on the planet.
You know what it comes down to with those people, they're fanboys, simple as that. They'll kiss Capcom's a** and blindly adore anything that comes from them, but as soon as the franchise goes into someone else's hands, like Anderson's, they complain because he 'bastardized' the series.
When I started playing Resident Evil, I liked that it had an international super wealthy corporation, virus-created zombies, and movie-like gameplay style.
Well the way I see it is, the movies have zombies, Umbrella, and since it's a movie, it retains that movie-like quality. Obviously.

Resident Evil 4 got rid of Umbrella, got rid of Zombies, and made the camera over the shoulder, which makes it more like an action game, and less like an interactive movie.

So the way I see it is, Anderson stayed more true to the series than the creators of the series.

EDIT: Also, it's pretty common for games to take elements from the movies that aspired from them. You can see the evidence of it in Mortal Kombat, if you're familiar with both media. You can see it in Silent Hill 5, with the way the nurses were designed. So it's not uncommon. You just gotta learn to do it right. Which Capcom hasn't.

I liked the second and third movies, but I really wish they would've picked Romero over Anderson.

I wonder what would've happened if 4 didn't sell? Would they have gone back to the original formula or discovered something that was better?

What is your opinion on Umbrella Chronicles? I thought it was good, especially the multiplayer. It was Survivor done the right way.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:35 pm
Well, Romero's script was pretty bad. At least the one that leaked. It involved a sex scene between Jill and Chris at the beginning of the movie. Chris wasn't a STARS member. And upon decapitation, zombie heads remained animated. So it was really far removed from what RE is. It would've been a Romero zombie movie with RE label, and Character names. Nothing more.

I was always a fan of On Rails shooters. Nothing better than House of the Dead at the arcade. I just really didn't like the storyline of Umbrella Chronicles. They killed the mystery behind Wesker, and made him very unappealing. In addition, they introduce Sergei like he was there all along, which, I thought was a stupid decision. I really didn't like the idea that this guy supposedly was there all along, with a T-103 following around. So, I really didn't like what they did with the story.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:57 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, Romero's script was pretty bad. At least the one that leaked. It involved a sex scene between Jill and Chris at the beginning of the movie. Chris wasn't a STARS member. And upon decapitation, zombie heads remained animated. So it was really far removed from what RE is. It would've been a Romero zombie movie with RE label, and Character names. Nothing more.

I was always a fan of On Rails shooters. Nothing better than House of the Dead at the arcade. I just really didn't like the storyline of Umbrella Chronicles. They killed the mystery behind Wesker, and made him very unappealing. In addition, they introduce Sergei like he was there all along, which, I thought was a stupid decision. I really didn't like the idea that this guy supposedly was there all along, with a T-103 following around. So, I really didn't like what they did with the story.

Woah, a script got leaked? I didn't know about that. From what you said about it, that does sound crappy. sweatdrop

I like playing House of the Dead at arcades too! Well, at least I used to. The arcade in the mall where I played the first two scaled down recently and they were taken away along with other games. sad There is House of the Dead 4 at a Dave & Busters, but it's over 100 miles away from here (I only go to the mall where it's located once a year for Christmas shopping.).  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:00 pm
So yeah, having an on-rails version of RE was fun, but I was so disappointed with the story that I really didn't think it was worth keeping the Wii for.
Whereas, if I only had one GameCube game, and it was Remake, it would be totally worth buying and keeping the console for.

Speaking of On-Rails. I wanna get Time Crisis 4 for PS3, it comes with a GunCon, so that'd be pretty cool.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:22 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
So yeah, having an on-rails version of RE was fun, but I was so disappointed with the story that I really didn't think it was worth keeping the Wii for.
Whereas, if I only had one GameCube game, and it was Remake, it would be totally worth buying and keeping the console for.

Speaking of On-Rails. I wanna get Time Crisis 4 for PS3, it comes with a GunCon, so that'd be pretty cool.

I didn't like Wesker's voice in Chronicles (too cheesy) or Remake (too pathetic). I hope the man who did his voice in CV (Richard Waugh?) returns in 5. His voice for Wesker was perfect. He sounded so creepy and menacing...how a main villain should sound.

I liked playing Time Crisis 2 and 3 at the arcade. 3nodding I haven't played 4.  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:26 pm
It was good in REmake, not the best, but decent. Frankly, I think they should've hired Richard Waugh, but with no accent. The actor speaks casual North American english, afterall.

I don't remember if I played TC4, but I just like the idea of a PS3 game with a light gun, on rails, sounds like a fun time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:45 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
It was good in REmake, not the best, but decent. Frankly, I think they should've hired Richard Waugh, but with no accent. The actor speaks casual North American english, afterall.

I don't remember if I played TC4, but I just like the idea of a PS3 game with a light gun, on rails, sounds like a fun time.

There's apparently some extra modes where you can move around on your own. I don't know if I like that idea. confused

I gotta go and get some sleep. It was nice talking to you. 3nodding  

MadamTarantula

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:47 pm
Hmm... But that'd be kinda difficult if you're handling the GunCon. Maybe it's optional. Either way, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Good talking to you too.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:33 am
I played the RE3 arcade shooter once before. ninja

It was so god damned hard. xD  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:35 am
Umm... RE3 arcade shooter doesn't exist... Are you sure you weren't talking about Code Veronica, a.k.a. Gun Survivor 2?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:36 am
Yeah it does, I played it at some arcade in Japan. It was actually the first time I had played an RE game.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:02 am
Sorry, but I'm gonna have to challenge you on that. I wanna see some proof that it exists.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:07 am
Sorry, but the only proof I have is my memory, which I am almost absolutely certain is accurate. This was also somewhere around seven years ago, mind you. I don't even remember all that much, but I do remember that it was an arcade game called Biohazard and if you didn't complete some tasks in a certain amount of time, Nemesis would come after you and you died. I don't blame you for not believing me, but I can almost guarantee you that it exists.  

Kaworu__Nagisa
Crew

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:31 am
Actually, that's Code Veronica, the one I was talking about. Yes, Nemesis was in it, but it's not RE3. It starred Steve and Claire, and had all the monsters from CVX.  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games