Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:34 am
Maybe it's time we all worked together on one roleplay, a fairly open one.... and just encourage as many people as possible in the RPR to join.  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:46 am
Agreed. I've been meaning to start RPing in here again, but there aren't many active RPs that I'm interested in (and the ones I'm sorta interested in have been running a long time, and I have a tendency to accidentally kill long running RPs. sweatdrop )  

Panpear

Cobalt

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 12:28 pm
Well, what kind of roleplay could we do that most people would be interested in? Perhaps one of those open-to-all, local pub-type things where anyone or anything is liable to come in the door? Or should we try for something with more of a plot?  
PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:36 pm
Steer away from arena combat. I did that, and it was okay for a while, but died painfully.  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:20 am
I'm thinking of one. The problem is that I can't decide whether I want to make it more fantasy or more contemporary.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:40 am
Those pub type ones always seem to be a hit or miss. However, since they usually don't have tooooo much of a plot I don't think it would hurt to set one up in addition to something else, eh?

I prefer fantasy settings myself. More flexible to more character types, duncha know. And by 'types' I mean 'species'. XD  

Panpear

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:57 am
I have many that I remember- one was rather ambitious. Each player took on two roles . . . that of a god of their own design, and of a mortal 'partner/champion' for that deity. I kinda liked that one . . .  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 am
Hey, I remember joining that one. I probably still have my app around somewhere too. XD

I'd probably do something different this time though. I'm not too good at controlling two characters at once like that. XD  

Panpear

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:31 pm
I've always had a fondness for magic robots.... just a thing.  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:46 pm
Hi biggrin |waves energetically| Um. Call me Sabby outside of RP smile Thanks for letting me in. :3  

Sabby_420

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 5:55 pm
I also lean toward fantasy setting and I'm totally down for a more open ended rp!

Welcome Sabby!  
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 6:02 pm
ahow about a pub with several portals that lead to a world where thee is already an established conflict.. make a dice roll to see where you end up and a dice roll to make you a specific type of character when you enter said portal. everything else is made up  

AlwynRowanwind

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 7:51 pm
Didn't we do something like that last time?  
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:38 am
I rather miss N.A.T.A. and his original Redstone Inn. The owner's deal was that if you told him a good enough story, you got your meal free. The people who rented rooms were given a key, and the key always reflected something about the person, as did the room it went to.  

welian

Crew

Gale OverDrive

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:10 am
That reminds me of a certain manga . . . hmmm.

More ideas are starting to form.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3758 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games