Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 9:53 pm
Welcome Sabby . . . is it wrong that I initially read that as "Stabby?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:40 am
Welcome to you Sabby!

I've got two RP ideas formed, but I don't know which one would garner more attention. They're quite similar, though, so I don't know whether either would really make a difference.  

Gale OverDrive

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:48 am
What's bouncing around in your head, Gale?  
PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 7:18 am
Something like a Mercenary Guild/Academy with either Fantasy or Steampunk/Techno/Magic mixed in.  

Gale OverDrive

Cobalt

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:27 am
I always thought it would be kind of neat to do a mercenary-type thing where all players, on a rotation basis, are responsible for coming up with the plan for the next adventure, not just the admin of the thread. Makes everyone work a little harder, but hopefully they stay a little more invested and keeps the creativity alive. Also lets you take a break from your character and have a go at some other, more relaxed characters for the short-term, and gives other characters a bit more chance to interact with everybody - breaks up comfortable groups a little. Unfortunately, it seems a little too ambitious, I've never actually tried it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:57 am
Hmmm, thats actually a great idea. Now you've got me thinking again. And in that respect, it actually has the grassroots beginnings of a guild-wide RP in the making.  

Gale OverDrive

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 6:26 am
I like the idea Cobalt, all until it becomes my turn to think up a mission. ninja Since I suck at running things, I'd kill the RP dead.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 10:56 am
If I may speak up, I have an idea for a roleplay as well. It's not as original as other roleplays - it's definitely got some anime influences.

We would need a pair of psychic siblings, six "Knights" based on elements (fire, water, air, earth, light, dark/void), and then nightmares. Lots and lots of monstrous nightmares.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

AlwynRowanwind

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 12:59 pm
Gale OverDrive
Didn't we do something like that last time?

i dont recall if we did or not eek  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 3:16 pm
I MADE UP MY MIND. After thinking about this all day, I'm starting a new RP in here. Hopefully it will liven the place up. It has 9 character slots that need to be filled, and some people in there are already interested. So, I'm going to go ahead and post a thread and get to work.  

welian

Crew

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:29 pm
I'm interested in Indigo, just cos it's a cool colour.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:47 pm
twisted twisted twisted twisted  

welian

Crew

Cobalt

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:58 pm
Yeah Magni, that's why it would be hard to get going - lots of rpers just want to go along with things, not have to move it forward themselves, either because they don't want to or aren't good/practiced at it. But that's why I'd hoped to do the rotation, one person isn't always responsible for storyline all the time - you'd have your turn, and then when the story arc (as short or as long as you want) is done, someone else takes over and you can go back to being a regular player.

Maybe the main moderator could work with the current story generator, help them out, bounce ideas back and forth, fill in where needed, give prompts, etc. so that there's continuity and support....  
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:42 am
My story arc would have to be simply "get a beer at the bar" sweatdrop Something absurdly short to keep from destroying the work of so many.

You have my attention , Eylios . . . ninja  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 7:49 am
With void taken, i wonder what I should pick . . . makes me want to pull the whole "Palladium fantasy" trick with the elementals. Warlocks are specific casters that are limited to their element. However, being a caster of that element means mastery of it and the abscense of it. For instance, an air warlock could create a wind, or support a vacuum. pirate  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3759 3760 3761 3762 3763 3764 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games