Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Roleplay Refuge DJ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:44 am
The RPR Directory has been updated! heart

I mean, it's only been two years or so. sweatdrop

I've added RPs that have updated in May and June, and I took out the rest. And I changed it to sort things by the 'new' genre tags. blaugh

Now to take another break for a year! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:55 am
Woohoo! Oh, and I posted in Knights. I wonder if anyone else besides me and Panpear is online right now?  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:07 am
I'm lurking, but I'm probably not the droid you are looking for. I'm working on roleplay concepts so something may be launched. soon.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:35 am
well you know me skreemer im always interested in what you start  

AlwynRowanwind

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:29 pm
I'm here.

BI-WINNING!
My favorite is still: "The run I was on made Jagger and Richards look like droopy-eyed armless children."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 pm
Well guys, heres my current thinkings for what I could do
Pokemon Corps: Focused more on adventure and partnership than catching stuff, with people using a few pokemon that act as long term companions and sensible limits on whats available, ie no one has legendaries, starter pokemon are limited in availability and any problem faced needs more than one solution. That way it could have more focus on character too, kinda like Pacis Salus was.
Something with kung fu: Basically something which pays tribute to classic kung fu films and actors involving some kind of tournament
Monstrous Precinct: Police procedural with a precinct staffed entirely by classic monsters protecting the city from rogue members of their races  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:37 pm
I'm all for the Pokemon RP.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:51 pm
If done well, a Pokemon RP would be fun. Original 150 please. I don't really know any of the later ones. XD

And having it less fighting based would be better, as I'm not good at fighting. >.>

Then again, you probably shouldn't take my suggestions as I'm pretty slow at joining RPs anyway. XD

Eylios - I'ma gonna make up half of a phone conversation that leads us to that there bar. Okay with you?

And hopefully someone gets to the dreamworld soon so the Indigo knight has someone to talk to. Sorry Ruined.  

Panpear

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:05 pm
I like the first three generations - Typhlosion and Blaziken FTW!!! But I wouldn't mind having only the first generation, I love Dodrio and Graveler.

Totally cool Panpear! I think it would be cool if one of us fell asleep at the bar - maybe drank too much or something! XD That would get one of them into the Dreamworld sure enough.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:06 pm
Well, I am looking to make something that has its appeal to the guilds oldbies and regs. Less combat based is part of the idea yes. I'd let people make their selections from any pokedex they want, so for those not familiar with anything new theres the original 150, where I'd make selections taking team members from each pokedex.What I want to do is make it more focused on friendships between trainers. Things wouldnt be based on level so much like the game, more closer to the anime. Thered be alternatives to combat, such as breeders, nurses, rangers, etc. The premise I have is a new area being explored, colonised by a team of trainers, not all of them kids like in the games.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:09 pm
-is now working on a Pokemon trainer character-  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:18 pm
Heh. well, if anyone struggles for inspiration, we can make it about the founding of the kanto region, that way we can keep it original 150. But then again, I do like the idea of giving people a wider amount of choice in their teams. Even if they are limited to six pokemon.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

welian

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:30 pm
Heh. Crystal was the first Pokemon game I played, so I'm real partial to the 2nd generation (and the 3rd), and I love being able to explore multiple worlds in games. I'd rather have four different regions to explore than fancy 3d graphics.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:47 pm
Pretty sure the pokemon games prefer you to buy four different games than giving you four different places in one, even if they were old places. XD

Since I wasn't allowed a gameboy growing up, I played the original pokemon games via an emulator (the japanese version, at that, which means I named my pokemon "Smilie face / other smilie face / Smilie face" and I got stuck at the point where I needed a water bottle XD ), and later on via the game cube. And when I couldn't play it on the gameboy, I played the card game (I still got my cards!) and watched the tv show. So I'm pretty familiar with the original 150.

But by the time more generations of pokemon came out... well, I think I was done collecting cards/playing the games by then. And I was horrified that I might've had to memorize another 150 names of pokemon. crying

However, I did buy Pokemon black recently, and it's pretty fun. Unfortunately, I just call all the pokemon by their original 150 counterpart. "That's a Dovey you say? Look like a Pidgey to me!" XD

So I'm cool with people playing with the other region pokemon in your RP - they just gotta link to the pokedex of those pokemon so I know what they are, duncha know. XD  

Panpear

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:10 pm
Works for me. I'd keep a link to Bulbapedia in the list of resources, as well as a guide to what people can and cant have. Obviously legendary pokemon are off limits, since theres only one of them in the world technically, but they will appear in times of crisis, for example Cobalion appearing to defend pokemon from harm during disasters. The working title I'll give you all is Pokemon Expeditionary Corps.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3764 3765 3766 3767 3768 3769 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games