Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:21 am
Sorry, darlin, you are still losing me . . . State Magnet Program? Sounds like indoctrination into government . . . sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:40 am
-sigh-

OKAY. This is the same talk we have to give EEEEEEVERYONE.

Governor's School is NOT a school to become a governor, or any sort of politician.

It's an art school.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:01 am
That would be cool though razz
And tbh from what I've heard quite a few govenors could do with going to one >.>  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 am
Just a quick audience gauge here, would anyone be interested in a Magic The Gathering RP? Or, an RP using Magic The Gathering to cross over other stories that could fit logically?  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Panpear

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:15 pm
Magic the Gathering isn't my thing, though I'm sure someone else here wouldn't mind an RP like that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:05 pm
>.> I've never heard of it...
What is it? :3

Also, I'm enjoying playing as Gretel WAY too much for it to be healthy...  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:37 pm
I could never get into M:TG much, but oddly enough became a big fan of the anime bastardization of it . . . Yu-Gi-Oh. At least, I did for a while. I lost interest after they got rid of the Yugi character, and the cards just became redundant and prolific as fuuuuuuuuu!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:42 am
To Giyari: Magic the Gathering is pretty much THE first trading card game. It's been running for at least one if not two decades, and has one of the largest player networks. Just about every other card game is based in some small way off Magic's system. This includes Pokemon.

To Magni: It's okay, not everyone can get into Magic. Everyone has a reason why they like it. For me, it's Elder Dragon Highlander and the flavor of the game. EDH is a fun variant to play, and the worlds of magic are way more interesting than the cards.  

RP_Master_Jak

Invisible Hunter

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Junior 100

Panpear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am
I started playing Pokemon first, so that's probably why I preferred it. (Also - so cute!) However, the gameplay is REALLY dumbed down from Magic. In fact, it's simpler than Yu-Gi-Oh too, I think. I recall playing a game of that once too.

Actually, I think I played Magic once, but it went a little over my head.

Later, we started collecting the World of Warcraft TCG which is, of course, similar to Magic. Sorta. One day we decided to play some of the Pokemon game... and it was really hard to get back into because the rules were so simple!

But I remember the good ol' days when me, my future husband, and our mutual friend would go to Toys R Us and play in the Pokemon league there. You were supposed to play 6 card games in order to get a stamp (enough stamps meant you got a badge), but we would go in a corner and play 'sudden death' games with 1 card, and just send up a different person to get a stamp. We also were probably the oldest ones there (~13 or 14 or so at the time).

I remember there was this one girl who loved to play against my 'stall' deck, because it was a badly built deck I made on a lark that only had one energy (resource) card in it, meaning I could do nothing. She liked demanding to play against it so she could guarantee more stamps for her book. XD She was young enough that I didn't mind doing it, haha.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:11 am
ok, got an update in Pokemon, not much but a better indicator of whats happening in it. Next step will be making the guide to character creation, then the rules on pokemon selection. I'm going to limit people to having their selection from only those available in a certain region for most their party, with two spaces to choose any regions pokemon.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:35 pm
I could never get the point of the Pokemon TCG. I mean, isn't the whole point of the Pokemon games to "Catch, train, battle, and evolve" the little creatures (cough-slaves-cough-legalized-cockfighting-cough)? How can you evolve a card game?!

Even though it isn't perfect, i still am very fond of the deck I made in my Yu-Gi-Oh DS game . . . I dubbed it the "Foe Hammer" as virtually every card was made to destroy an opponent's monster, or be a powerhouse. Barrel Dragon, oh, how I adore you! Slate warriors were good too, as were Blast Spheres.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:48 pm
Catch = buy cards
"Train" = training yourself how to play the game/practice battles
Battle = moar card battles
Evolve = buy more cards! Also, game rules say you can't place already evolved pokemon, so you have to evolve them during the game to use their big attacks. XD  

Panpear

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:39 pm
stare Four tenets reduced to two. Purchase, battle, battle, and purchase again. Not for me, thanks.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:23 am
Welp, I'm a college freshman now.  

welian

Crew

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:10 am
And I'm drunk! and being invaded by an uber butch cat.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3767 3768 3769 3770 3771 3772 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games