Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 pm
I would gluggle, but I ish a kitteh. Thus . . . *rubs up against her leg and purrs*  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:35 am
I daresay that the RP i'm currently working on had the makings of a MassRP. Hmmm, but how does one build economy?  

Gale OverDrive

Panpear

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:51 am
With real gold! Then there will be consequences!

I'll volunteer to be the banker. >_>  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:40 am
Easier said than done. x_X  

Gale OverDrive

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:40 pm
-Cuddles the kitteh ojiisan-

Trying to remember what I was going to do for currency on my .Hack// RP... Might be able to find the files for it, but I think I was going to have a separate thread for people to hold their inventory and income lists... But that was going to take a lot of monitoring... Like...

+200g
-30g on an item
-50g on an item
+60g from a monster

It also would've taken a lot of scrolling...  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:42 pm
Ruined Horizon
bleargh. I just got a message from my final assignment. The instructor warned me my sentences can be a bit "chewy" at times, and encourages me to not use so many flowery words. She said it is abundantly clear that I am an intelligent person- and that I don't need to try so hard to show it.

I didn't try! I just wrote how I would talk about the subject, using appropriate terminology!!! I speak too 'smarty' for Master's level courses?!?

Heters gonna hate...

OH! and anyone like Foo Fighters? Anyone also like electro awesomeness?
Howsabout both rolled into one ninja [link]  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 pm
nice smiley!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:21 pm
While the song offered was not my speed, hearing some of the Metallica remixes made me smile in ways that get people arrested for criminal intent. twisted

Crowbar to the Knights thread is go.  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:09 am
I've been listening to this for a few days now. Inspiration music for a possible new RP from me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:39 am
>.> I was just taking a break after coming back from my sister's 3-day wedding, guys. No need to go psycho.  

welian

Crew

Eloquent Conversationalist

Seraph Stray

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:35 am
o.o I'm not sure how to respond to that post, Ruin. Are you trying to destroy the bar.... or what? >.> That's what "void's" generally do.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:52 pm
Not necessarily, Seraph. A black hole or gravitational vortex would destroy. The point in the bar is like a push, everything being shoved out of that spot. There is no destruction, only a "hole" in the air. Ultimately, it will become a portal that the void knight will pass through- if nothing stops her, or breaks the concentration.....

And I adore that you called me the same name as War's horse from darksiders.

eylios....I didn't pitch a fit.... neutral  

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ezreal Goes Exploring

Dapper Informer

3,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm
Children, Children.
Please...  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:12 pm
Articx-Frost
I've been listening to this for a few days now. Inspiration music for a possible new RP from me.

Of which I've hijacked and made awesome >.>

Right I warn you, this is EXTREMELY rough... We've worked on it fooor like an hour so far, and only have pages of notes so far... Emm, I'm actually writing from these notes trying to place them into a slightly coherent story board thingimajig here XD

So, keeping that in mind... Anyone Up for futuristic mayhem?

Back story idea

A human colony on a planet called Gliese-581-d in the future. A robotic revolt happens (matrix style) ending with the robots and a small number of humans constructing their own civilisation (kinda matrix style) where they live in more or less isolation for a few generations

During those generations, the robot colony has flourished dramatically, and the human population there grown to a recognized minority within the robotic community, quite a number even embracing cybergenetics.
The Human colony on the other hand went down hill, with the loss of a large chunk of the mechanical work force plunging it into a sort of depression. And from watching the robotic colony grow and flourish from satellites above, they get nervous, angry, and decide to 'take back what was theirs to begin with'.

So, who do we play? Which action do you choose? Well, I recon you could play anyone really... Though the main force would be in the humans of the robotic colony, with maaaybe like some robots... And their choices between which side they take and how they react to the coming war. Would they side with the humans who have been suffering without their knowing, ignored by the robots for generations? Side with the Robots, that's what their ancestors did after all and there's the possibility that you might even be more robot than human anyway...
I don't think playing as humans from the human colony would be for the best, as they would work better as faceless NPC soldiers.

Other crap

The planet biggrin (this was just for fun really fun...) The planet is twice the size of earth and has an oxygen/nitrogen based atmosphere, the climate of almost consistent late spring due to a spin on both the X and the Y axis. This causes two sun rises a day, the morning sun rises in the west and sets in the north, and the evening sun rising from the east and setting in the south.
A day on the planet is still 24 hours, though a year lies somewhere around 10 months instead of 12. The year is still split into 12, though missing a few days out of each to make up for the difference.
The planet has solid ground at both traditional poles and has 2/3 land mass to water. The majority of the water forms super massive river like seas that circulate the planet like massive intertwining snakes, which are utilised for planet wide travel.

Technology is that of far future, just make it up and I'm sure it's there.

Soooo... anyone interested? Wanna fire some ideas in? Or fire some bricks at me for being so stupid with this idea? lol  

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

Disturbing Tale Teller

Fuzzy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:31 pm
Sounds neat! But not exactly my cup of tea... sweatdrop

-Starts beating the dust out of the pillows in her pillow pile- ninja -cough; sneeze; eyes watering; nose running. A massive dust cloud appears around her-  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games