Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::
::Grill 13 Restaurant:: NEW Pictures on the Menu! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:55 pm
Hey Bio, speaking of game music...have you ever listened to a couple of Japan-exclusive tracks for the original Biohazard? Both have some guy singing in them. One of the songs was featured in an ad, while other track I consider a guilty pleasure for me. razz

I originally discovered them on Galbadia Hotel.

BTW, I saw you joined the cat lovers guild. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:12 pm
Yes, I saw the banner in your sig, and I love cats.

No, I don't believe I heard them. You do know that site has been shut down, right? So I can't really download them if I wanted.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:24 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yes, I saw the banner in your sig, and I love cats.

No, I don't believe I heard them. You do know that site has been shut down, right? So I can't really download them if I wanted.

User Image

R U SHUR?

What exactly are the Drama Albums? O_o

Biohazard 1 Original Soundtrack

The songs I'm talking about are the bonus tracks.

Is it okay for me to post these links? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:25 pm
Oh... Well, the site has been down for the past several days. But of course, as soon as I bring it up, they put it back up, just to prove me wrong.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:30 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh... Well, the site has been down for the past several days. But of course, as soon as I bring it up, they put it back up, just to prove me wrong.

lol Sorry I didn't know about that. I haven't browsed the site for a while until now.

When I first discovered this site, I was excited about seeing the Shenmue soundtracks, but ended up being very disappointed that most of the cassette songs were not available or even ripped from the game. sad

I got the MGS Collection a few days ago BTW. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:34 pm
Awesome. Did you know that MGS4 sold 1.3 million copies worldwide on its first day?

But no, I haven't heard these bonus tracks before, and honestly, I'm not too crazy about them. I guess J-pop has ruined most of Japanese singing for me.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:42 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Awesome. Did you know that MGS4 sold 1.3 million copies worldwide on its first day?

But no, I haven't heard these bonus tracks before, and honestly, I'm not too crazy about them. I guess J-pop has ruined most of Japanese singing for me.

Holy s**t that's awesome. eek

Aw c'mon, you gotta love the singing as much as the game's voice acting! mrgreen

The opening theme is especially cheesy but I love it. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:47 pm
Well, that's the thing... I'm very happy that I have Remake, because that song might just have ruined the ending of DC for me.
But I think the problem with many franchises these days (those that haven't been ruined by the companies) is the constant inside jokes that the fans make. Which is okay in moderation. But around the time the Silent Hill movie came out, it got so bad for Silent Hill, that it almost ruined THAT franchise for me. It was difficult to take it seriously anymore, and that's when things start dying for me.

Somehow, I managed to take SH seriously again, and am happy for it.

Director's Cut was pretty badly done, and until REmake came out, I officially considered the book "Umbrella Conspiracy" to be the canon version of it.
But Remake fixed it for me.

Anyway, I digress. Somehow, I can tolerate Director's Cut much more than I can tolerate a bad Japanese song.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:08 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, that's the thing... I'm very happy that I have Remake, because that song might just have ruined the ending of DC for me.
But I think the problem with many franchises these days (those that haven't been ruined by the companies) is the constant inside jokes that the fans make. Which is okay in moderation. But around the time the Silent Hill movie came out, it got so bad for Silent Hill, that it almost ruined THAT franchise for me. It was difficult to take it seriously anymore, and that's when things start dying for me.

Somehow, I managed to take SH seriously again, and am happy for it.

Director's Cut was pretty badly done, and until REmake came out, I officially considered the book "Umbrella Conspiracy" to be the canon version of it.
But Remake fixed it for me.

Anyway, I digress. Somehow, I can tolerate Director's Cut much more than I can tolerate a bad Japanese song.

I don't have a problem with inside jokes myself, but I see where you come from on that. It reminds me of a site that's seen better days for similar reasons (except the inside jokes are overused by immature newbies).

On a random note...that opening FMV when you start up REmake scares me to this day. I refused to watch it again after just a couple times. It's just too creepy. *shivers*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:11 pm
Well, obviously it's okay in moderation. But everyone thinks that making a Pyramid Head joke is funny, and one thing leads to another, I can't play SH2. So, I stopped talking to that community for a while. Replayed some SH games with a fixed mind set, completely serious. And it was good.

The opening cinematic in remake is so awesome, though. You should give it another try.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:25 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Well, obviously it's okay in moderation. But everyone thinks that making a Pyramid Head joke is funny, and one thing leads to another, I can't play SH2. So, I stopped talking to that community for a while. Replayed some SH games with a fixed mind set, completely serious. And it was good.

The opening cinematic in remake is so awesome, though. You should give it another try.

I guess you just gotta watch out for which fan forum you visit then. 3nodding

Wait, are you talking about the sequence when you actually start the game? If so, I was meaning the sequence that appears when you start the disc...the one with the zombie on the bed.

Until it gets shot, it just stares at you... eek  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:28 pm
Oh that one. Well, I guess by skipping it, you're not really missing out on a storyline. But it's still cool.  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:43 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Oh that one. Well, I guess by skipping it, you're not really missing out on a storyline. But it's still cool.

The remake was a good example how to reinvigorate the series. It was much more difficult and the monsters were truly scary looking. The moment I realized that a handgun wasn't going to take down a cerebus like before, and the first Crimson Head I ran into (it wasn't the one in the coffin, it was THAT ******** ZOMBIE THAT I THOUGHT WAS ALREADY DEAD IN THE HALLWAY WITH THE MIRROR gonk ) are two examples. Every RE game has jumpy, scare moments, but REmakes didn't leave me heartily laughing at myself. I was on edge most of the time. Getting scared and challenged was fun. 3nodding

Speaking of scary monsters...no one ever mentions the nurses in SH4. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:46 pm
Yeah, and you know why REmake worked so well? Because they went back to RE's origins. They made the backgrounds pre-rendered, tank controls, item boxes, everything that the fans grew to love about the series. They innovated the graphics, and only several gameplay elements, but kept it the same. And yet, it felt like a new Generation of Resident Evil. All without having to change everything around.

Actually, SH4 is the only SH game that has no nurses. I'm sure you're thinking of Patients. The ones that make a belching sound when you kill them?  

Biohazard EXTREME

MadamTarantula

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:02 pm
Biohazard EXTREME
Yeah, and you know why REmake worked so well? Because they went back to RE's origins. They made the backgrounds pre-rendered, tank controls, item boxes, everything that the fans grew to love about the series. They innovated the graphics, and only several gameplay elements, but kept it the same. And yet, it felt like a new Generation of Resident Evil. All without having to change everything around.

Actually, SH4 is the only SH game that has no nurses. I'm sure you're thinking of Patients. The ones that make a belching sound when you kill them?

My only complaint about the REmake was the tank controls on the thumb stick. For some reason, it was hard for me to adjust (while I didn't have too many thumb stick problems with CV on the Dreamcast). lol Jill was spinning in circles before I finally got used to it.

It's a shame Capcom didn't realize their answer was the REmake...

About SH4...I don't remember if they made that sound, but I know they were ******** amazons. SPOILER: Also, beating the s**t out of Walter with a baseball bat is the best feeling in the world. smile  
::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 835 836 837 838 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games