Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply VIP RP
~Switcheroo~(1x1)~(Turningly Filled)~ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Dimitri was about to respond when he heard Giamonde. "Elryn! What are you doing?" he said, his voice panic-stricken. But it was too late...he was gone. "El..." he breathed sadly.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Giamonde, in his tank, seemed rather agitated now as well. "Don't just let him go, you've got your magicks back, use them. You can't follow the bracelet, but he's got your bloody necklace so follow the damned thing. For all his bursts of maturity he's still a child, he won't make it as a dog on his own, contrary to his guilt-ridden, stubborn thoughts."

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:40 pm

Dimitri snapped back into it. He muttered a spell that would teleport him and Derrick to the location of the other necklace. Like Gia said...he couldn't follow the teleportation, but he could follow the magic that he himself created.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:48 pm

Elryn had managed within the short time he'd been gone, to get caught by a dog catcher who didn't even belong on this side of town. He'd simply been in the area to deliver something to a friend. Elryn had taken his collar off by using some magick he'd copied earlier on, magicks he'd copied weren't affected by the dog's limited magickal abilities. The collar that had had the necklace on it. He'd left it near an alley, intending that Dimitri would find it after he'd been long gone...he didn't want to trouble his cousin and he felt he deserved whatever he got.

Being caught by the dogcatcher hadn't been in his plans, but there wasn't anything he could do. He looked like a stray, and was treated like one, shoved into the truck and taken back the dogcatcher's pound.

Derrick felt a whooshing feeling that left him momentarily dizzy before he looked around and saw that they were in an alley. "What..?" His eyes moved around and he spotted something glinting on the ground, the collar and the Switcheroo necklace around it..the latter without which, Elryn would be permanently stuck as a dog if he didn't put it back on. He'd apparently been serious about not wanting to take someone elses body. Derrick held the collar out to Dimitri, "He got it off somehow.." Derrick was actually worried for the cousin that seemed to care for Dimitri so much and whom Dimitri likewise seemed to care for.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Dimitri took the collar with a worried look on his face. "He doesn't understand that he'll get picked up," he said sadly. He looked around and called for his cousin. "El! Elryn!" he called, worry evident in his voice.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:07 pm

Elryn found himself at the pound not long after being picked up. He heard other dogs barking, and found he could understand them well enough as well. Some sounded utterly crazy, some were shouting canine expletitives that would make a sailor gape, and others seemed to be jeering at him. A few were quiet, and he struggled in the hand of the man holding him. "Let go of me!" but a bark was all that came out, they didn't know who he was. To them, he was just a stray, a mongrel or a mutt..and then Elryn found himself being more or less tossed inside of a cage at the end of line, one of the ones on the ground. He headed to the edge of the cage, "No! You can't!" And fool that he was, he'd left the collar..with the necklace..Dimitri wouldn't find him..and he knew what happened to stray dogs in pounds that didn't get claimed quickly enough.

They were put to sleep.

Derrick put a hand on his shoulder, "We'll find him, Dimitri." he glanced around, and something occured to him as he looked back at Dimitri. "Wait! Didn't he mention he copies powers? If he copied the necklaces..you could follow that, couldn't you?"

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:22 pm

Dimitri nodded. "I should be able to," he said hopefully. He muttered a few more words under his breath and took Derrick's hand so that he wouldn't be left behind in his attempt to find his cousin.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:32 pm

Derrick held on tightly to Dimitri's hands and again felt the rush as they were teleported. When he opened his eyes, no one was really around thankfully, or they didn't notice..perhaps the magick stopped them from noticing? But they were in front of..a dog pound. Derrick's eyes widened, "He must have been picked up!" he started to lead Dimitri inside, still holding the other's hand.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Dimitri followed Derrick inside. There was an animal control dispatcher at the front desk who looked like she really didn't want to be there. Dimitri stepped up to the counter, looking at the woman with pleading eyes. "Hi, was a dog just brought in here?" he asked, giving her a description of 'Rowdy'.
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:54 pm

The woman at the counter gave him a bored look before nodding, "Uhh...yeah..they picked him a little ways out..it's in the back, we're pretty crowded so it's probably at the end of the hall." she called the dog an it.

Derrick gave her a slightly disgusted look before continuing with Derrick behind the counter and to the dog area. All at once he was greeted by noises and howling and barking as he walked along. Nearer to the back, he scanned the cages but didn't see him. "Maybe she was wrong.."

"Dimitri? Derrick?" A surprised and slightly miserable voice responded from one of the cages that was on the floor. Elryn was curled into a little ball, but he rose and pushed his snout out of the bars of the cage as he saw them. Hope rose in his eyes before fading out, "How did you find me..? I left the collar at the alley.."

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Dimitri was used to being called an it...he didn't react except to give her a friendly nod and smile. He heard El and a wave of relief swept over him as he ran to the cage where the snout was sticking out. Smiling, he knelt in front of Elryn's cage, replying, "Magic, dear cousin. D, can you find out how to get him out of here?"
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:16 pm

Derrick nodded, "Alright." With that, he turned and headed back out to the woman to negotiate Elryn's release.

Elryn watched his cousin kneel and he backed up from the cage bars slightly, watching Dimitri all the while with somewhat solemn eyes. "I didn't think I was going to get..caught..but you weren't supposed to come for me. The object was to get away." he said with a little sigh.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:19 pm

A sad look crossed Dimitri's face. "El...why do you want to get away so bad?" he asked. "I just got the only piece of my family back in my life...I don't want to let you go. You mean a lot to me, cuz..."
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:31 pm

Elryn saw the sad look and cringed. And at the words, he felt warmth rise in his heart. "Dimitri..you mean a lot to me too..I spent a century of my life trying to undo what I'd done..and now I finally have..but I hurt you so much, Dim..my only family and I..betrayed you..because of me you suffered.." his ears folded back against his head, "Even in this body, I'd be happy just to be near you, cousin. Just to see you and help you in any way I could..that's why I have to leave..I don't deserve that happiness, and I don't want to spoil yours either.." Elryn's head bowed.

WitchAlchemist
Captain

The Lacey Bear

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:36 pm

Dimitri reached through the bars and scratched Elryn's ear. "Look...Elryn...you made a mistake which you've remedied. To be honest, if it hadn't happened, I wouldn't have met Derrick, and he's the best thing to happen to me in a long time. So, El...I should be thanking you." Ruffling his doggie fur, he smirked at Elryn. "I think you've punished yourself enough. Let's just leave the past in the past. You've fixed your mistake and now, we can move on."
VIP RP

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 61 62 63 64 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games