Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Pokey thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:17 am
In my History GCSE for each paper (there were two) I wrote.. around 9 sides. Not too much, but the timing of those exams is SO tight.. and I guess I have quite small handwriting (which is actually illegible in exams xD).. I was actually just finishing my last sentence when the invigilating teacher said "okay, stop writing"~ xp

Some people wrote SO much, though.. like 16 sides.. @__@;;  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:10 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
Hist > Geo

@'elfy - Don't be ridiculous. It was a ditzy moment, y'know.. it doesn't mean I can't read maps or know my directions.. and a tip - don't TELL someone you're going to go on about something at them, it sort of defeats the point.. well, defeat what little point it had in the first place.. rolleyes

Can't you realize I was joking in those last few posts? it was just a play on the joke Toki said about you. blaugh rofl

Snow: Um, pretty much everyone is in high school or above (except for Tosh). And grade (or primary) school in Australia and perhaps the Uk's the same as in the US. The curriculum for years 1-6/7 are pretty much set with no choice for electives. But the subjects broaden out the further you advance in high school.  

Minielf

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:25 am
History > Geography.

Agreed. 3nodding

Geography was the only subject at gcse I got a B in. mad  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:16 pm
@'elfy - I honestly can't tell when you're joking, because half the time you're being mean to people seriously >__>;;

@Toki - Ouch, that must have been so irritating..  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:31 pm
It was irritating at the time and my parents and relatives were repeatedly pointing out how I didn't get all As and A*s. Damn them. stare

But afterwards I didn't really mind that much, seeing as gcses aren't that important. Well they are, but it's mainly the A levels that are the deciding factor so I didn't care.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:13 am
Niphredil Ithilmir
@'elfy - I honestly can't tell when you're joking, because half the time you're being mean to people seriously >__>;;

He he, that's why I like playing jokes on people sometimes. blaugh

I do agree that history is better than geography as well. I was one of the best people in my entire year level at history in year 11, before I gave it up in the final year.  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:47 pm
We just got given 10 History books. TEN.

AS is not fun at all. English notes which I don't understand (and I'm supposed to be top of my class >__>) and we have to do a presentation based on them for Wednesday and complicated Latin and 25 lines of Vergil to learn for Tuesday and French essays given on the first day due for two days later and ahhhhhh.

Yeah, yeah, my fault for taking 5 subjects, whatever.

They'll see. I'm SO not going to give up. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:55 pm
xd

Haha 5 subjects. Yeh I remember History in AS, we got tons of books too. Some big, some small. Think I only ever read from two of them.

And you're doing latin. xD It used to be compulsory at our school until year 9, thank god they stopped it though, sucked a**. And it's so useless... unless you're going to apply for pope or something, I really don't see why you'd take it. French, German, Spanish, etc all useful languages. Latin? Pssht.

Talking of languages, I just sent off my extra module options at uni and I'll be doing Japanese this year. Should be fun. 3nodding  

Tokioka

` T a p i o c a `

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:27 pm
(¨`¤
(¨*·.¸(¨*·.¸`·.¸
´·.¸.¤Sapphire´·.¸) `·.¸)

eek

Now I have the feeling of not wanting to have History in 6th form...
Do you have to read all those books? =/

And I seriously hate learning Spanish, I prefer French talk2hand

¤´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) .·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`¤Dragon.¸.·`

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:19 pm
I agree, French > Spanish.. which is why I'm taking it for AS..

..erm, apparently we will need all the books at some point.. sweatdrop

Okay, we've had lessons since Wednesday and this is the amount of prep I've been given..

1 French essay (1 side), 1 French sheet (4 Qs), 2 whole Maths exercises, 24 lines of latin [poetry, VERGIL'S AENEID AGAIN OMGOMG, but Book 10 this time (last year was Book 4)] to learn, 120 latin noun endings to learn, read as much of the history textbook as you can, and an English presentation on Modernist and Non-modernist prose with notes which I barely understand (and I'm supposed to be one of the top in the class). Yeah.

-is dying-  

Niphredil Ithilmir

Tokioka

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:08 pm
Serves you right for doing 5 subjects. razz  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:26 pm
Minielf
Niphredil Ithilmir

He he, that's why I like playing jokes on people sometimes. blaugh

I do agree that history is better than geography as well. I was one of the best people in my entire year level at history in year 11, before I gave it up in the final year.

Be nice....

just wanted to post XP  

Kodocha579

sm00thie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:31 pm
Tokioka
History > Geography.

Agreed. 3nodding

Geography was the only subject at gcse I got a B in. mad

my geography class was kinda boring neutral  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:00 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
I agree, French > Spanish.. which is why I'm taking it for AS..

..erm, apparently we will need all the books at some point.. sweatdrop

Okay, we've had lessons since Wednesday and this is the amount of prep I've been given..

1 French essay (1 side), 1 French sheet (4 Qs), 2 whole Maths exercises, 24 lines of latin [poetry, VERGIL'S AENEID AGAIN OMGOMG, but Book 10 this time (last year was Book 4)] to learn, 120 latin noun endings to learn, read as much of the history textbook as you can, and an English presentation on Modernist and Non-modernist prose with notes which I barely understand (and I'm supposed to be one of the top in the class). Yeah.

-is dying-

Whoa, looks like you've got a huge amount of pretty hard stuff given to you already. Some of the work there looks like theoretical studies that I did in the first semester of Uni this year.
I hope you're prepared to take on the level of difficulty that will surely increase over the year; you're obviously in a higher level of class than the normal students at your school.  

Minielf

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:40 am
@'elfy - Yesh, listen to snow. razz It's not really a higher level, just I'm taking more classes.. there are others taking 5 subjects but they're mainly taking science/maths subjects so, y'know, there's less reading/writing to be done.. sweatdrop

@smooth - Me too, that's why I dropped it. xD  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 54 55 56 57 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games