Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fantasy Roleplay Guild; All That And A Box Of Pocky!

Back to Guilds

Reply Immortal Thief Roleplay
Immortal Thief RP OOC Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A people counter to see who is still comming on here....
  +1
View Results

Mikujin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:43 pm
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell, I'm boned.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:50 pm
So, I already talked with Tsubie on this one, and I'm not going to say she agrees or disagrees, but I'm gonna damn well say it anyways. Two things, actually. The more frustrating one links into the much less frustrating, more semantic. Anyways.

Anyone ever notice how a fair amount of characters in the TITs roleplay (Yeah, also discoved TITs is the acronym for 'The Immortal Thieves,' so sue me for being hilariously observant) [Someone has a dirty mind, I actual though The Immortal Thief when you said TITs until you explain the sickness behind the acronym. I allways just called it TITR. Reminds me of LOTR, somehow.] act like... well, to put it bluntly, morons! Yay! No. Nay. Given the context of the story, I'd assume we've all been Immortal for quite some time now, years, not months or days. Many years. In which case, while our physical bodies may reflect those of people aged 10-20, our mental ages will by far exceed those limitations. There's no freakin' reason for people to be ridiculously... immature, flambuoyant, moronical, etc.

Unless of course, I'm completely mistaken, and we should all be wearing diapers while in character.

There is also the matter of the title, "The Immortal Thieves." Immortal is fine, however, we must roleplay to reflect this aspect. After all, from what I've seen thus far, which has been enjoyable, though far from what I'd envisioned, we'd more accurately be "Invulnerable." Hence, "Invulnerable Thieves." But it doesn't stop there. We haven't stolen anything. Not one piece of gold, relic, artifact, or anything relatively valuable (save one person: Nia, stealing the magical ring she is in possession of); all we've done thus far is take 'missions,' or jobs, in other words. What kind of people take jobs for hire, when there is definitely a distinct possibility violence will be involved? Well, that sounds a rather mercenary to me... oh wait, that's because we seem to be mercenaries. How silly of me. Yes, "Invulnerable Mercenaries," not "Immortal Thieves."

I'm done my rant now. And just so you know, I'm not even remotely angry/upset/grumpy/etc. right now. I just started thinking about it, talked about it (with someone, I'm not a lunatic... often), and this seemed a logical conclusion.

I've nothing left to say, so.... yeah. Done now.  

Mikujin

Lirdianc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:31 pm
Hm...perhaps because of the term Immortal, 'unchanging' is also being implied into that...just a thought. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:34 pm
Actually believe it or not, some people never change personalities. Even if they get older and wiser. They still remain the same. Being immature is actually something that is in a lot of grown ups today. *Trust me it is true* There comes a point where I guess you can act a little too immature. Also when it comes to roleplaying and acting out a character, you can either be realistic, like I assume Izumo was trying to portray and then there is those ever so careful anime loopholes which say to the realistic people that they are thinking too much. Ex: Random explosions in anime.

I do agree with Izumo that we act somewhat like Mercinaries, However, I don't exactally see how my character could possibly be a theif with a Zanbato type weapon, I know I would be much more of the distraction of some sort than a theif. However I can try to go beyond reality and stuff. I have no idea.

When I define immortal, I think of someone who is unaging and can never die. However, I think we are interpreting immortality all differently. When I think of immortality, I think of someone who is able to live but the attacks upon the body still stay until they fully heal. I think one is able to be on the brink of death and then recover and such but it takes time. I later changed this after reading Edaniel's post.

It might be wise to get the problems at hand out of the way so that we can continue the roleplay correctly without confusion.

I always assumed we had been alive much more than our given age and I thought that we just appear our age however, my sister thought we were actually the age given so she was roleplaying like a 14 year old and also like what the personality says about her.

I am actually waiting for more of a story myself, waiting for more of a theif like action but in my current subquest, I don't think I'd actually be taking on any missions. The roleplay is still young, we'll have plenty of times being thieves. After this Hibiki thing (Which I almost regret actually doing) I will start going all out in this roleplay.

I actually think you were right to point this out Izumo, because I haven't really thought about this until you brought it up. I think in one of my posts I mention that I'm more of a mercinary than a theif but I could have just imagined it. I might not use the sword as often later on so that I can be more theif like. Also it might be part of my background... *Cough Sano rip off* (( Shut up! >.>;; ))

Anyways, that's my analysis on the subject... who wants cookies?  

Dark Slaine

Tsubasa Reservoir

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:18 pm
O_o *Sits to listen to smart people talk*

Me feel dumb.

That or I'm just procrastinating about having to read all the long posts. =.=;;; PROCRASTINATORS UNITE! heart

...Tomorow.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:30 pm
Dark Slaine wishes he was smart.  

Dark Slaine

Edaniel
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:37 am
Well, alright. Now that 'the [annoying] call of Miku' has been registered, I supose I have to respond. Firstly; Just because joo haven't done any stealing yet doesn't mean I haven't. This immortal thief roleplay has been going on for nearly two years now, and you haven't even been here for a solid one, so stop presuming all we do is fight each other and mope. I've gone on about 3-4 missions before [not even counting the one w/ Melora's interruptions] so, yeah, there are missions, and they do steal. And please, Miku, tell me that your mental capacity can handle there being more tan one meaning to the word 'immortal' and 'theives'. Both words have been played on drastically. They've stoeln things you wouldn't think they'd be able to steal, and they've been pulled around being Immortal in ways you wouldn't think were possible. It's all a bunch of hidden messages that haven't been pulled together yet so I guess you don't understand. Trsut me, I've had HOURS of planning. This roleplay is all and more than those two words could ever reveal.

Maybe more wen I get home. I'm on @ school right now O_O

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:26 pm
To put it simply, now that I'm at home again, sweatdrop there's been lots of thievery in the past and there's still lots to come, we're just in a rut right now, and not many people are compalining. i'm not holding anybody's characters back from running off this second to rob some poor bloke, so go ahead if you want to! In fact, me and Tsubasa are already planning our next heist right now, it's just right now I'm trying to scratch the surface of the 'immortal' aspect of the story. Both 'thievery' and 'immortality' will and have tied together. Just give it time, sometimes it takes longer for certain people to understand.  

Edaniel
Captain

Mikujin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:23 pm
a) I was not part of this roleplay for 2 years. Not only that, I'd no idea it's been going on that long. Or that I am likely the nth person to play Izumo. Lame.

b) The story is progressing along at a snail's pace, or worse. That's what gets me frustrated. That, and having to constantly wait for other people to post in order to do anything (Yes, looking right at you this time, I had to wait nearly a week for a response). Kudos to the people that are actually getting to do something of worth.

c) Although somewhat entertaining, seeing people stuck at a mental age not only makes little sense, but... well, that's about it. It makes no damned sense. Unless, of course, we all have some how been made mentally retarded to said age. Which also makes no damned sense.

d.1) I find it hardly enjoyable that many of us are cut out while you and Tsubie get to run off and 'do your own thing.' I've done how many missions? ... Oh, that's right. Zero. Actually, looking back, you and Tsubie seem to have been the only ones to have actually gone on a mission where it was actually visible (while several characters have mentioned 'returning' from a mission at some point in time). Not to play the Devil's Advocate [more than necessary], we don't all live in Kingston, or in the relative vacinity, and thus, cannot plan such adventures with others to any extent.

d.2) I've also no idea where it is we Theives are getting these 'missions' from. Just seems like people running around on their own, and somehow, just instinctivley ending up someplace at the right time.

e) I apologize for the excessive ranting. It needed to be done some time or another.

f) Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:31 pm
Well, incidently, this is off the topic about the roleplay, but I am heading up north to see my family. (Incidently, that means Lezalia (Who has been playing guitar hero II nonstop) Will also be up north with me. I am unsure if we will have internet access up there so we might be gone until January. I leave the 22nd so if you have something to say to Haru or Rikku, say it now or you might regret it. Hopefully the hotel will have internet... hopefully... >.<  

Dark Slaine

Mikujin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:48 pm
Dark Slaine
Well, incidently, this is off the topic about the roleplay, but I am heading up north to see my family. (Incidently, that means Lezalia (Who has been playing guitar hero II nonstop) Will also be up north with me. I am unsure if we will have internet access up there so we might be gone until January. I leave the 22nd so if you have something to say to Haru or Rikku, say it now or you might regret it. Hopefully the hotel will have internet... hopefully... >.<

Almost all hotels now have internet access (for laptops) that is either cheap or a free service. Not only that, but many hotels (even out in the middle of nowhere, I've gound) have some sort or 'internet cafe' setup. It's all good.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:21 am
*ish not holding Miku back from going to do a mission* Gerrof your duff and go do something if you want to so badly. o you want me to pick you up and bring you along for the mission to make it easer for you? Stop le whining.

And it's alright, Dark, I can see a good chance of a lot of the roleplays drastically slowing down for the Christmas holidays, I wouldn't blame anybody, I'm going to have to take something of a break too.

Also, many apologies, I still can't view the Immorta Thief Roleplay because of that vile glitch.

Edaniel
Captain

Mikujin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:16 pm
Quite the contrary, you are holding me back from doing anything with your glitchiness! Stupid Gaia.

Oh well. Don't ever do the whole bad grammar thing again. It makes me want to shoot myself. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:52 am
Eat me.  

Edaniel
Captain

Mikujin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:01 pm
With pleasure.

Though you might be better baked.

... Whoa. I didn't even realize... the innuendo. Snap. Eww. Both?  
Immortal Thief Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games