Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Roleplay Refuge

Back to Guilds

A welcome and friendly place where many Role Plays are encouraged 

Tags: Role Playing, Community 

Reply Main Forum
The OOC Hangout Thread (New people introduce yourself here!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Curiosity: How many still visit this place? Make a mark, and get some gold.
  I still exist!
View Results

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:11 am
Welcome back, Umbrage.

*wanders aimlessly*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:27 pm
I'mma starting college on Monday. Only the traveling seems horrible at about £10-12 a day. gonk  

Articx-Frost

Unbeatable Raider

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 pm
Mierfness. ******** Irene. People up here in NYC are panicking like mad, and the damned thing isn't even sure to hit here yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am
Yeah, folks in CT are freaking out too. Even if its hits us, it'll be a category 1 by then. Then again, going to college in FL may have altered my perception.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Ruined Horizon

Distinct Genius

5,150 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:39 am
Well, we are home in PA, safe and sound. Our Amtrak train left at 10:50am. At noon, NYC was going to shut down all public transportation. So, we got out just in time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:44 am
But on the plus side, I got me some awesome toys! I even found . . . Raziel!!! fu-king-win!!!

I bought two. He was only $12 . . . neckbeard move or not.  

Alexander Magnus

Devoted Reveler

6,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250

Giyari

Shirtless Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:49 pm
Hurricanes sound interesting....

All we get is heavy storms here, sometimes, every couple of years...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:27 pm
Ah, it's nice to have the power back.

They makes Raziel figurines/models? *begins to scour the internet for one*

Well, I'm leaving for college again tomorrow afternoon. I'll probably stop back in a time or two before then.  

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:52 pm
Oh good lord...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:26 am
Yoder
They makes Raziel figurines/models? *begins to scour the internet for one*

Indeed . . . but I've only ever seen him one time. there were three of him hidden on a shelf in the biggest Toys R Us I've ever seen (Times Square). I bought two of em at $11.99 a piece. One is out and AWESOME!!! The other is still in package, his fate undetermined . . .

Yoder
Well, I'm leaving for college again tomorrow afternoon. I'll probably stop back in a time or two before then.

NUUUUUUUU!!!! *clings* We just got you back!!!

Something wrong Mephisto?  

Magni Prime
Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Yoder

Invisible Phantom

10,775 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:26 am
From what I've just found on the internet, you got a great price for those!

*attempts cling back as the plane he is tied to drags him across the tarmac*
Such is the agreement for working all summer: 1 week of vacation.
The hurricane actually let me stay an extra day since my original flight got canceled.
I may be able to get a 2 week break next summer, though.
Well, it's been a short but sweet visit. I'll see you and the rest of the guild come Christmas-time.
crying  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:38 pm
I ******** love my Raziel toy, replete with torch, interhchangable hands, removable cowl, energy reaver, and the spiral to make it go up his arm like in the game. He is made of so much awesome- my only complaint is he is so stiff, I fear posing/playing with him. I mean, I know I have a spare . . . but noooo!! He is too great to consider being anything but supercareful with!!

Y_Y bye, Snowman. I shall miss you.  

Magni Prime
Captain

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Electric Kool-Aid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:17 pm
*just got power back after Irene hit our area*

>36 hours without power...bad. Arkham Horror by candlelight...Wicked awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:53 pm
My school shut down the internet for the weekend because of Irene.  

welian

Crew

Call Me Mephisto

Sparkly Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 pm
Lol welllllllll... >_<

I grew up in NC until high school before moving to CA and now to OR. I lived through Hurricane Fran and Floyd, both of which were devastating. I understand, what, 5 people died and my father described and sent pics to me of a few downed trees, during a category 1 hurricane (in NC specifically), which is now nothing more than a few clouds and some sprinkles? I would be more interested in the quake honestly, origins, causes, effects, future expectations. A unique experience for that side of the country, quite the ride! Obama mistakenly called Irene an historic event...he exaggerated. In a few years, only the unfortunate people who lost loved ones will remember this storm. I lost family and friends (including a 4 year old child who's father was a close friend of the family as was she who were swept off of a bridge by a flash flood while waiting at a light) in Floyd. I almost lost my father when he tried to rescue a neighborhood man who, while desperately trying to get to his children during the storm, was swept away by flash flood waters and into a barbed wire fence where he was trapped all night. My school was completely submerged under rushing waters. Semi trucks were floating down the highway. There were hoards of Mocasins that took up residence under all of our homes in the neighborhood I lived in, and they often made their way into the houses at night. But I have never seen a more vibrant and beautiful rainbow that actually arched brightly from one side of the sky to the other.

1,836 - The number of lives lost in Hurricane Katrina, category 3
120 - The number of lives lost in Hurricane Rita, category 3
87 - The number of lives lost in Hurricane Floyd, category 2 (the difference here being not the winds but the massive and long lasting rains that broke the dams in Raleigh/Durham NC)
37 - The number of lives lost in Hurricane Fran, category 3
32 - The number of lives lost in Hurricane Andrew, category 5
5 - The number of lives lost in Hurricane Irene, category 1

Now these stats are specifically from hurricanes we would remember. I am not adding some of the more devastating storms from the 1800s. I could also quote the damage cost of all of these storms to make my point, but my fingers are tired.

My father tells me the sun was shining the next day (post Irene). They lost power for 1 day. My sister lives in Raleigh, NC and it didn't affect her at all (Raleigh being in the middle of NC). I remember being without power for 2 weeks with both Fran and Floyd and I KNOW the people who survived Katrina were without for sooooo much longer. The difference, of course, being that, for one, Katrina hit an area that was....BELOW sea level. Water tends to head for those areas during a flood. And two, they were surrounded by man made levies...which are promised to fail in such situations. Now bare with me, I am not in any way, shape, or form saying that Hurricane Irene...even killing 1 person wouldn't have been some sort of event worth noting and advertising on the news, asking for help and such. I respect and admire those who jumped at the chance to fly east to help rebuild. If I could afford it I would do it too. All I am saying is every time I hear or read how NYC is reacting to this tropical depression that doesn't even deserve a name anymore, I can't help but roll my eyes and redirect my attention. Close the tunnels, sure, preventative measures are always prudent. But some of the things they're doing blow me away.

I realize I will probably get trolled for this opinion, which I would not have had I not lived through hurricanes before. But trolls will be trolls, especially on the internet where they don't have to see the faces of people they hurt. Not that any troll will hurt me over my opinion on a storm...the idea of such a thing is laughable really. Just saying. (Disagreeing in a civil manner is NOT trolling. I welcome it even!)

ON A SIDE NOTE: A hurricane in the past was named, Hurricane Easy....this needs to happen again. So many jokes about holes come to mind.

Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 3807 3808 3809 3810 3811 3812 ... 4221 4222 4223 4224 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games